Everything Flora Flex

100% sure. I sanitized the jug with ZeroTol HC. No signs of bacterial growth. I’m thinking it’s due to the lid ring kept closed and the odor is stuff breaking down due to a lack of O2. Who know, only need to use the jug for another week, then I switch to the nutes in the reservoir.

2 Likes

Crop looks like fire Nice Job Chris!!

Thanks for all input on the way!! What company do you have your eye on? I was thinking about trying a 100% organic grow in the future one day.

2 Likes

What is the difference between ZeroTol 2.0 and ZeroTol HC?

1 Like

If I remember correctly, 2.0 is the industrial version.

2 Likes

Bravo! Exceptional job! :trophy::seedling: Thanks for all your help along the way! :handshake: Wishing you much success on your next venture, let us know how it goes! :mortar_board:

2 Likes

I’m having the same problem with the bucket being closed.
The jug is just easier to handle for me so I just clean more often, I give it like 4 -5 days. My reservoir is too big and too low for my back.

1 Like

Looks like this is an other product that isn’t available in Canada :frowning:

I will just have to stay with my 30% H202

Gave the girls a nice haircut again last night.

I changed my lighting to 12/12 starting today.

This was 9 weeks in veg

@Bplatinum9 when are you thinking of making the change?

6 Likes

Looking awesome!
Is that three pots?
I’m having trouble with my lines not feeding.
I keep moving the line around and then it will work but when I wake I can tell it didnt feed.
Anyway I’m looking at one to two more weeks before I switch.

2 Likes

Yes there is 3 pots but really only 2 in my eyes… One plant is a bad seed. The plant is a dwarf. It’s so small I have 3 pots stacked on top of each to get it to the top of a net and I didn’t even top that plant because it was so small… I’m thinking about pulling it out…

I will post a picture later today

If you pump isn’t pumping you must have a air lock in the line causing the pump cavitation or a block in the line… My bet is pump has air lock

Don’t you have a second pump you use for mixing? Maybe you can swap the 2 pump and see if the problem goes away?

1 Like

I’ll try that! The pump works though because when I take the black hose off it blows like a dam.

1 Like

@chris_barfield,
My plants look like they are dying of thirst so I’m cIeaning my reservoir with zerotol hc but what do you think about putting 1/8 teas in the res instead of using hydroguard which is not keeping the smell down, its not terrible, can’t smell unless I stick my head in but its definitely keeping cleaning the lines clear even with the SLF-100.

ZeroTol HC has been formulated for use in hemp & cannabis production, as well as for homeowners and hobby growers. This product can be used on hard, non-porous surfaces to eliminate pathogens that linger there; but is can also be applied directly to plants to prevent/treat/control plant diseases and algae growth. This broad spectrum algaecide, bactericide and fungicide is made with a highly effective combination of Hydrogen Peroxide and Peroxyacetic Acid that leads no toxic residue.

Key Features:

• OMRI listed under Crop Pest, Weed and Disease Control
  • Can be applied to surfaces, soil, foliage and turf
  • 0-day PHI (pre-harvest interval)
  • Effective against most common pathogens and algae
  • Can be used on flowering plants, ornamentals, house plants, vegetables, berries, fruit, trees, shrubs and lawns.
  • Use in hydroponic and aquaponic systems to prevent/control algae and plant root rot diseases caused by water-borne and water-transmitted plant pathogens like Pythium and Phytopthora.
  • No strong odor

ZeroTol is a powerful tool to contain pathogens and stop the spread of diseases in your grow.

Suggested Uses: Use to suppress/control bacteria, algae, fungi, moss, slime molds, scum and mildew and the diseases and odors caused by these organisms. Can be applied to hard surfaces, tools and equipment (including hydroponics) as well as on plant surfaces and lawns/turf.

This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Downy Mildew, Powdery Mildew, Leaf Blight, Anthracnose, Botrytis, Xanthomonas, Rhizoctonia, Leaf Spot, Pseudomonas, Brown Spot, Dollar Spot, Summer patch, Copper Spot, Strip Smut, Take-All Patch, Leaf Spot, Fusarium, Fairy Ring, Pink Snow Mold, Pythium, Phytophthora and Rhizoctonia. (Not Approved for Use in California against: Copper Spot, Strip Smut, Take-All Patch, Leaf Spot, Fusarium, Fairy Ring, Pink Snow Mold, Pythium, Phytophthora, Rhizoctonia, Botrytis, Xanthomonas, Rhizoctonia, Leaf Spot, and Pseudomonas.)

1 Like

How often are you watering? Start / stop and how long per watering? Are you getting any leach?

or

Are you still thinking it’s not watering when your telling it to?

I’d think that Zerotol HC isn’t a whole lot different than using any other 6% hydrogen peroxide from pharmacy; theirs is probably just a touch more corrosive and “pure”.

The Zerotol 2.0 product is roughly 30% hydrogen peroxide.

The reason I’m mentioning this is because it’s probably killing off your hydroguard (and similarly destroying the SLF-100 enzymes) and is also gone within 24-48 hours of application, not sure if you’re factoring that into your reapplication schedule.

1 Like

I was replacing the hydroguard with zerotol, not using them together.
I am still using the SLF-100 but, this will be my first attempt.
I just cleaned the reservoir, pumps and black/pump line with zerotol hc really good but since I didnt clean the green flex lines or quick connect I used 1/8 teas of zerotol in reservoir after the cal-mag,
Calmag
Zerotol
V/1 & V/2
SLF-100

2 Likes

I just spent an hour checking the lines again and some were blocked so I switched to a flowing line on the disconnect until I am done with this grow and can properly clean it.
I am feeding four times a day for one minute, with last feed for three minutes.
I was getting leach water until just recently when I found my lines were clogged.
I’m on the black bubbler at 6 GPH until flower, then I’m switching red at 10 GPH.
My watering skills may need some adjustments, so I’m open for suggestions, just remember I only have two plants.
What they look like now and I will post tomorrow to see if adjustments just made helped.

2 Likes

I don’t know a lot about Zerotol but I do agree with @vegetato I don’t think I would use Zerotol in your nute tank… Just use as a cleaner

I mainly mentioned that so you don’t waste the hydroguard, good to hear you weren’t.

My only input about this is that perhaps you’re just using too much nutrient in your solution. If the lines aren’t being “rinsed” with enough water (i.e if the solution is too concentrated) then the salt buildup will just snowball. That could be what you’re experiencing.

Have you tried dialing down your nutrient solution to a bare minimum first? If not, that could be a place to start.

3 Likes

I took out my flow disks out of my bubbler

My plants are a lot bigger than yours right now but I think your under watering

Here is my water schedule (Lights 12/12) Lights on 10:00am off 10:00pm

Note only line with check marks are active

Here is my feed also

3 Likes

I found this good read on auto irrigation system care like the floraflex line were using here. I thought it may be useful and covers some of the issues that some of us are having here:

I learned that using yucca powder as a wetting agent will reduce salt build ups as well as add beneficials to the solution.

4 Likes