Everything Flora Flex

I thought Hydroguard for tents were not a good idea?
Yes I’m using SLF-100

1 Like

I’m using Hydrozyme with waterchiller combo…

I don’t see any reason why you cann’t use SLF-100 and Hydroguard at the same time if you wanted.

Do you clean you bucket out before you make fresh nutes? This will help with smell and bacteria growing the water

2 Likes

Yeah ive been using vinegar and a scrubber.
Sometimes I use lysol spray but usually once every month or two and only in the bucket. When I use vinegar water I use it on the pumps too.
It smells good after a clean but it only lasts about two to three days before it starts smelling.
P.s.
I didnt get that smell when using the 20 gal reservoir

1 Like

I had some smell in my tank before also what helped for me was to wipe down the tank as clean as I can. Then I fill with fresh tap water and then add H202 (strong rate) then I let that mix around for a hour. This will kill all bacteria in the tank.

Note: Make sure if it’s H202 or Vinger etc its all removed from your tank before you make nutes… Normally 3 times rinse will do the trick.

I’m not applying your cleaning method is wrong just saying what helped me out.

Do you know what your water temp is?

I finally got around to giving the girls a haircut and setup my Scrog net… Getting ready for the next stage soon…

A observation on giving the girls a haircut…

After shocking them with a haircut the water requirements for the plants is close to 50% less uptake for 24 to 48 hours… I have been logging water demand and every time they get a haircut they don’t uptake much water until they recover…

1 Like

Yeah when I do my vinegar water I let it sit awhile before I thoroughly rinse it.

1 Like

Zerotol hc you have bacteria growing in your reservoir

3 Likes

So I can just use it to clean out the reservoir?
Or do I use it like hydroguard?
If I use it in the tank what order does it go in?
I’m doing cal-mag first, V1/V2, SLF-100.

Are you letting slf shit in the reservoir that could be one of your main reasons … the enzymes like to grow and I think slf is sugar based to keep the enzymes alive … if they are sitting in the tank not mixing 24/7 it’s Probly growing especially if you smell a foul smell… zerotol you can run in your reservoir but I wouldn’t unless you suspect issues with roots … just mix a solution and spray it all over your reservoir … you can let the zerotol water sit in in for a 20 minutes or so and it should kill anything growing … if dial the slf back to once or twice a week feedings and see how your reservoir does

2 Likes

I use 2 teas SLF-100 in res after V1/V2 once a week.
I have a pump circulating the water while lights are on.

1 Like

There’s your problem pump should be circulating at all times … and Probky should be have you res covered as this creates heat which then throws ph off which then invites bacteria and other crap

5 Likes

Your leaving the slf in the res like I said with temps and ph swings can cause bacteria

5 Likes

Here is a update on the girls :slight_smile: :grinning:

Happy to say I finally finished everything I wanted to complete before switching to flower. I did some Lst training on them so I have more time to veg now but I’m ready now

9 Likes

You have totally made my OCD happy! Nice uniform canopy!

3 Likes

Looking good! :eyes::seedling:
Are those 6" or 8" pots?

1 Like

What do you mean by leaving it in the reservoir?
Is there another way to use it?
Or do you mean the time that its not circulating?
Do you leave the top off your reservoir?

So if I constantly run the circulating pump and take the lid off, clean bucket with zeritol hc every week, do you think it would fix the problem?

P.s. Do you add epson salt, vitamin B’s, or amino acids with your hydro/flex grows?

If I add hydroguard what order do I put it in? After cal-mag or before?

1 Like

8 inch pots

1 Like

@Bplatinum9 keeping the circulation pump running will prevent the nutrients from stagnating, which gives the bad stuff time and an optimal environment to grow. The down side is you’ll probably see a slight increase in your temperature of your nute mix, I added hydroguard to help compensate for this. My reservoir was reaching into the mid to upper 70’s towards the end of summer.

If you are going to use ZeroTol HC, you can use it as a replacement for hydroguard. I haven’t had any issues since I started adding hydroguard. I also stopped using Hygrozyme, it was clouding up my water after a couple days, which also led to my pH spiking. The last time I used it my pH went from 5.8 to 6.6 in 24 hours. I’m sticking to SLF 100, I haven’t had any pH issue with it.

4 Likes

Thanks! Good to know!

1 Like