Everything Flora Flex

But add Cal/Mag first then all V1 then all V2

2 Likes

It’s time for a haircut!!!

5 Likes

Okay that’s good to know. Are you able to explain why you would want to add the cal/mag first before the V1 V2 and the reasoning behind adding things in a specific order? I’m definitely not disagreeing with you just newer to this so am looking to soak up as much info as possible!

3 Likes

Without getting technical it matters on how the water absorbs the nutrients and reacts against the next nutrient being mixed in the water

The Basics Of Mixing Plant Nutrients

Use RO water for best results

The proper order for mixing plant nutrients

Step 1) Start With Silica (Optional)

Wait 1 hour to allow mix

Step 2) Add your cal-mag to a Ec of 0.3

Step 3) In your case Add all v1 then all v2

Step 4) Add any other additives last

Step 5) Finishing by pHing your nutrient solution

8 Likes

Still struggling with ph…
Remixed water gonna try a bit more v1 & v2
just gonna keep changing until my leaves perk up.
(New Mix)
3 1/2 Gallons of water…

Cal-Mag = 2 teas = .3 ec
V1/B1 = 1 1/2 teas. = 470 ppm
V2/B2. = 1 1/2 teas. = 770 ppm
SLF. =. 2 teas. = 790 ppm
Total EC = 1.6

4 Likes

Did you already switch to flower or is it coming up?

1 Like

If you think your Ph is off in the Coco media if it was me I would do this…

1. Take out say half of your nute water you just made
  2. Now add fresh water drop EC to 1.0 with water
  3. Adjust your PH to 5.8 to 6.0 (maybe check your meter with PH 7.0 solution to confirm meter is good)
  4. I would push about 2 gallons threw each plant or until you see the Ph and Ec feed the same as your Leach. (I know this is a pain for you but it will get the plants back on track fast)
  5. Now you can put the nute water you took out back
  6. Hoping the 1.6 Feed water and 1.0 feed water gets you back to around 1.3 to 1.4 Ec

By flushing like this with a 1.0 Ec you will not take your Coco media off balance

Note I’m using only V1 and V2 still 50/50 each (no B1/B2 yet)

Still in Veg (maybe 1 to 2 more weeks)… I’m not ready to switch to flower yet because I have some tune up’s I need to address in the tent before I switch to flower. Been working on a different project hope to have it ready soon…

5 Likes

I just added water until I reached 1.4 ec & 700 ppm
So if I check every two days I should be able to hold that range or adjust.
Or do you think I would have to do a daily check?

1 Like

EC will not change unless you add alot of Ph up or down. (it will increase a bit)

PH I check daily and adjust as needed. My Ph swings up all the time (more than it should) It’s something I’m still trying to figure out why

1 Like

If you plan to Flush to correct Ec and Ph I would still drop to 1.0 then bring up to 1.2 to 1.4

My second last nutes I mixed at 1.2 last night my mix was 1.3… (my leach water was at 1.9)

I’m increasing my watering time to flush more for me 2.0 is the Max I want to be in my Coco Media (would like to see it at 1.6 in the Coco)

2 Likes

I wasn’t flushing to get the right ph although I should have done that first, glad you suggested it because now I know how to fix the burn.
I was just trying to get the dosing right but had a problem because I never knew the correct values I was trying to reach, which I just learned.

Incase I’m not the only newbie to tent growing the EC/PPM/PH rule…

Max - EC = 1.4 PPM = 700 Veg stage
Max - EC = 1.6 PPM = 800 Flower stage
PH of 5.5 - 5.8 Without co2
Higher nutes. =. Cold months
Lower nutes =. Hotter months

2 Likes

Awesome that’s great info to know thank you!

1 Like

@Bplatinum9 Just a FYI it looks like the girls are going to force me to switch sooner than later… They are getting big… Need to make some time this weekend to get ready for the switch. I will let you know what my plan is as soon as I figure it out…lol

1 Like

I only have two weeks of veg left so your right on schedule considering I started a week or two after you, waiting on a clone I never got going.
I’m doing the 1.0 flush right now because my leach water was 1.9 ec
I couldn’t figure out how to adjust ph to 5.8 without changing the ec like you suggested so I left it alone and will check leach water again tomorrow.

I hope you are watering everyday … not flushing daily with new nutrients will lead to ph a ph abd ppm issues … at thecsuze of those plants they should consuming around 1.6 ec

Anyone looking for a simple, and easy way to LST either in your Grobo or tent I had some of these cinch cords laying around from my old photography gig.

I have the Think Tank brand, but there are quite a few to choose from.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B4HVDLB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_pkWLFb81NDD8P

5 Likes

I use flexible tungsten sinkers instead of tying

What I like about the elastic ones I use is you can set it tight enough to pull, and when the branch get’s to the desired position it will keep gently pulling on it. I found this helpful in reducing the number of times I had to manually change the direction and amount being pulled.

1 Like

I’m still in veg stage so ive been shooting between 1.3 -1.4

I checked leach water today after feeding 1.0 fresh water and nutes for a day and it was 1.3 so it did get better.

I just brought reservoir water up from 1.0 to 1.3
Hoping the leach water doesn’t go up too much.
I’ll check it again tomorrow.

I have noticed that the water is really warm in the five gal bucket even with a whole in the lid, and it kinda smells after a couple days even though I’m changing the water every 3 - 5 days. The basement remains cool.

When I flip to flower I will raise the EC to 1.6

1 Like

@Bplatinum9 check the temp of the water in your reservoir. I found mine creeping into the mid 70’s. I started adding Hydroguard as a precaution.

Also are you using SFL 100 or Hydrozyme?

1 Like