Everything Flora Flex

Here is something I’m thinking about using in the future

1 Like

Do you have any other recommendations as for tents? The one I found was 4x4 and only $200 it seemed reasonable since it was priced the same as some of the budgeted ones the hydro store had. Seemed like they couldn’t get rid of the 4x4 sizes.

I kind of agree with Chris just find the best price… I prefer the D Shaped doors over the Gorilla opening

For flora flex configurations am planning on using rockwool with the drip tray on top. As to my understanding you want to keep the leach around to 10-15% with rockwool. Will probably start with hand feeing until I can get all the measurements down and the water pump and manifold timing down. I am planning on buying a flood drain bin and use it as drain to waste. I have not thought about leach collection trays yet either, if you also have a recommendation for that as well.

When looking for a timer for watering look for something that can water per sec

This is mine

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07NS89PCS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Venting I thought it would be the conventional carbon filter exhaust and fan intakes via induct fans. I am planning to cool the room which is also the office where I do my remote work with a heat exchanger.

I would go with a 6" Carbon filter but 4" will work also… (Variable speed is a nice option to have)

Light, I am thinking Mars to hydro 2000 (unless there are better recommendations out there, I am a noob and just getting by with Google searches)

I haven’t looked around for lighting in a long time I think someone else would be better for this question

As for automation I was just planning on using merros smart plugs (since I already have them and their hygrometer with push) that have running timers aftet I get the leach levels dialed in.

Sounds fine to me

Environment automation I am planning on using merros with all the smart plugs connected and IFTTT for any custom automation that ill need to write my self.

Sounds fine to me

2 Likes

Thanks @Mpower11 @chris_barfield for the tips. I went with a vivosun tent which was much cheaper than the gorilla. I really like that outlet timer (my smart plugs are not seconds compatible) and will order one.

I placed an order for my tent set up and they should be arriving sometimes this week.

Unfortunately flora flex’s credit merchant seemed to be down all weekend. I will try again later today.

Besides that I am super excited to dive into this and thanks to you guys, I have the confidence to get started :muscle:

3 Likes

No worries we will help you… You will be fine.

Does your local Hydro store sell Flora Flex? Call around if you want… My area a lot of stores sell it.

You can get by watering by the minute but with Seconds you can fine tune it if needed

2 Likes

Thank you! You guys are awesome!

I was thinking the same but I had a lot of flora flex coupons and was saving about $60.

Good news is that their credit merchant is working again, it only took me like 6 attempts (HAHA yeah I’m that excited). Can’t wait to get started!

2 Likes

I thought I should say this also I heard that Mars lighting isn’t as good as they claim but Like I said before I’m no expert on lighting…

Buying Tip

Also one thing I learned on the way if you want to setup automated controls on the future one day. Make sure you buy I a light that supports Dimming to off function.

1 Like

Interesting, I do have a until January 31st 2021 to return my light. I did place an order for the Mars Hydro light but I got the 3000 model instead.

This is the one I got. I am unsure which ones are good, but after doing google searches, the mars hydro came up the most from grower recommendations:

https://www.amazon.com/MARS-HYDRO-Commercial-Hydroponic-Greenhouse/dp/B07VPF7KKR/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3IDS5IXOIQP8F

I have no problem returning this if I can find better ones around the same budget.

I also took a look into grow diaries to see how their users are rating the lights:
https://growdiaries.com/grow-lights

1 Like

Just received my replacement 1L flora sprayer and this one doesn’t even work. It takes 2-3 seconds before anything comes out the nozzle when I pull the trigger, and when it does it drips out for a couple seconds before the spray kicks in, but then it’s barely strong enough to reach 2-3 inches.

@Bplatinum9 I agree with you, they need to take this design back to the drawing board. Way to\o prone to malfunction.

I would rate their 1L battery flora sprayer 0 out of 10.

1 Like

Anyone using a Pulse One notice that every once in awhile the temp and humidity readings get way off? Had this happen twice now, today it was telling me my the temp in my tent was 64 degrees and the humidity was 84%, but my other 2 thermometer’s were telling me it was 71 degrees, and 64% humidity. Changed out the battery’s and did a complete power cycle, seems to be reading right now.

Return that Mars Hydro and order a hlg r spec 300

3 Likes

I concur with @chris_barfield, love my HLG!

1 Like

Ohhh this light does look nice. I took a look at these specs, will it be sufficient enough for a 4x4 grow space? I noticed the flower space is a 3x3. I guess it wont matter since the light is like 18" above the flower canopy.

I am not looking to cover the entire tent space yet since I am in the learning process, but it would be nice to know I have the option to.

I am going to return the mars tomorrow and ordering this light. It looks awesome and with the Samsung led boards too. Thanks @chris_barfield

2 Likes

Mine is fine haven’t seen that happen before

@Mpower11 mine seems to happen once a month’ish. Cycling the power seems to resolve it.

2 Likes

Latest addition to the tent. So far it looks to be pretty accurate. Now to just get the CO2 levels stable!

6 Likes

Looks super cool… Took me about 2 weeks to get my Co2 / venting / RH controls all balanced…

I’m guessing your using Liquid Co2? If so does your controller support Fuzzy Logic? If will keep your Co2 levels closer to the valve you want…

One more thing is you need to try to get your day temp up to Min 85… Closer to 90 is better (if supplying 1200 to 1500 PPM

Question for everyone using Flora Flex nutes… How often do you have to adjust your PH in your res?

I have been finding that I need to adjust my Ph close to daily. (keeps raising)…

I read that there nutes are super stable and not much adjustment is needed… But for some reason that’s not the case for me… I must be missing something.

Review of my setup

Fresh water = 0.27
then
I add GH Cal/mag to 0.3 to 0.5
then
equal parts V1/V2 to 1.3 to 1.4 Ec
then
Hygrozyme 2ml per litre

Water-chiller installed holding res temp around 67 to 68 (there is a small pump in there that runs 24/7 to pump the water threw the chiller) No bubbles in the water from this pump… I thought maybe the chiller pump was making the PH raise so I disabled it for 2 days no change Ph still climbs daily Example 5.5 to 6.3 in 24 hours

@chris_barfield or anyone have any thoughts on this one or is everyone having the same Ph swings like me

1 Like

My kush n cookies looks way too green, not close to the color I grew twice in the grobo at all.
No spots, yellowing, shinning or clawing to suggest defeciency.
Any idea what this is? Maybe lower my flex nutes from 1 1/4 teas to 1 teas per 2 1/2. - 3 gallons

3 Likes

I thought you were adding water everyday to keep the ph low?

1 Like

The HLG 300L RSpec arrived!
Thank you @Mpower11 @chris_barfield @VermontGrobo for your recommendations.

The rest of the equipment should be arriving this week and I am planning on spending this month getting all the automated conditions, and plumbing down before getting started in early November after I return from a trip.

Looking forward to trying this baby out!

4 Likes