Everything Flora Flex

One more thing I wouldn’t spray the Veg spray on them until your plants come out of this… Also I don’t think they need the food…

If they were my plants I would add water to your nutes res to drop the Ec to 1000 until the plants recover… Then back up to 1400

1 Like

I was wondering about germination myself because I thought it was a bit much to begin with.
So I’m not sure if I’m following correctly but you feed just water during germ?
And are you just using cal-mag and flora flex for your grows? I’m confused!

1 Like

For germination I start with water pH balance to 6.0 only

Once the seeds pop I feed them this

It’s super low strength Ec is around 350

To charge my coco I used

Cal/mag from GH to 500 Ec
V1 / V2 equal amounts to Ec of 800 Ec

Let this dry out by itself for 5 to 7 days (environment will play a role on this)

After its drys out I plant my plants in the Coco that has been drying out for 7 days

Around day 10 I feed them

Cal/mag from GH to 500 Ec
V1 / V2 equal amounts to Ec of 1000 Ec
Now I’m adding my product to breakdown salts can’t think of the name right now

Then next watering I do the same thing but increase to 1400 if the plants look like they are ready

Hope I exampled myself correctly for you

Here is the girls today

1 plant is 8 days sowed later

5 Likes

Anyone ever had roots grow of the bottom of their FloraFlex pot?

2 Likes

Thinking about surrounding the base of the pot with some hydroton. Got some soaking.

6 Likes

On a side note it’s nice to see how white they are.

I’m not sure if there would be any benefit in adding media around the roots

2 Likes

Roots out the bottom all day … the floraflex pots are designed to allow that to happen becuase you are supposed to stack the pots so roots can continue to grow down into the next pot

7 Likes

Question have you tried it yet?

If so what’s you thoughts?

2 Likes

Yea I’ve tried … most big breeders like cap do this to save time … but it works just as any other transplants roots just grow straight into the next pit and grow exponentially from there … nothing too different … I don’t do it cuz I like my plants to be around 6 ft … so headspace for me is vital … doing that takes away from that for me

2 Likes

Cleaned out the reservoir today and I must say its so much easier using the 5 gal bucket instead of the big 20 gal reservoir.
I filled with just water for tonight to give my girls a break incase its a nute thing but since I turned the light down they seem to be a bit better.
I will add some nutes in the morning still deciding on what to do because I started out using just flora flex and needed some cal mag, then was told I needed other things but my plants still arent doing as well as they should starting out so I may be eliminating some things soon.

What I’m using now…

Silicate = Botanicare
Cal-Mag = Botanicare
V1 - V2 = Flora Flex
B1 - B2 = Flora Flex
Additives. = SLF100
PH. Up = General Hydroponics

Beneficials = not yet used but I bought ( foliar spray, bloom
booster/flora flex & clearex/botanicare).

1 Like

Never even checked my grow to find out.

Was thinking about adding it to keep the roots out of the light as much as possible. But if it’s not going to be an issue I’m not going to bother.

1 Like

I did not know that! Think it’s time to invest in a couple more pots. I have plenty of room in my tent for them.

3 Likes

My GG#4 Fast is about to start the 5th node. At what point should I start to increase fertigation? Right now I’m feeding her 300-500 mL every 2 days.

1 Like

I’m watering when the coco dries to about 30% it’s weight. For the plants my size it about 2 to 3 days right now but this is changing fast

500mL per shot

I’m hand watering until demand is daily then changing to time based watering

1 Like

I told you my plan nothing wrong with Silicate just add it first and let mix 1 hour before you add your cal/mag next

1 Like

I have not had success mixing botanicare silicate flora flex …

check the ec of the water before adding anything … you need to use enough cal mag to bring your water to ec of .3 then follow flora instruction on nutrients… if your showing cal mag deficiency then it’s either your not feeding enough ppm … your not feeding at the right frequency , or your ph is somehow off…

My guess is too low ppm or frequency of fetrts if off mixed with your light being too intense …

2 Likes

I was adding the silicate first.
So I can take silicate off my list then. Thanks!
You think I should take the SLF 100 out too?

Not sure I have a cal mag deficiency.

Slf is not a nutrient it’s an enzyme so it won’t give the effects your seeing …

1 Like