Everything Flora Flex

Thanks! Just hoping they fare better than the last grow!

5 Likes

I think if you add your Cal/Mag from the start and Leach a bit this time 5 to 10%… That will solve the problems you had with the last grow… (not counting the bubblier flow problem)

You got this B!!!

3 Likes

They are sending me a new one. Seems like there is a leak somewhere in the handle. Discovered that by accident today when I noticed water dripping out of it, which probably shorted out the trigger causing it to turn itself on.

2 Likes

Makes total sense. Nice find!!

1 Like

My next seeds for tent grow.

4 Likes

With floraflex you only want to put enough calmag to have a starting ec of .3 … floraflex nutrients come well equipped … I’d suggest using a 1-0-0 calmag like general hydroponics

I love Girl Scout Cookies

2 Likes

I been using GH for Cal/mag also

Only difference is I do Cal/mag to a starting Ec of 0.5 (maybe overkill but haven’t ran into Cal/Mag problems yet)

Here is some information I recieved from Flora Flex for there Foliar sprays

Veg spray (lights off Only)

PH 5.8 to 6.0
EC 0.5 to 0.6

Flower (Lights off only)

PH 4.5 to 5.5
EC 1.4 to 1.5

Now that being said Veg I plan to follow there guide

With Flower I going to keep the PH closer to the 5.5 mark and EC I think 1.4 is to high I’m going to try 0.6 and see how the plants look at that time and bring it up only if I think the plants can take it

Just some general information for everyone

2 Likes

Haven’t been able to check on my grow until today.
Made the mistake again of putting too much water in the res and I wanted to see how long it would take to go down until I replaced it.
5 gal is too much, gonna have to break down to 2 1/2 gal so I can cut down on the nute burn, from running the same water too long.
I’m really not one to keep checking ph etc… I’m a set it and forget it until the next week. I ran this water for two weeks though.
My blue dream is really upset and crunchy!
One day I’m gonna get it just right though and it will be easy sailing every week without the burn.

@Todd.grobo, my blue dream leaves looks a bit like your wappa leave.

5 Likes

Do you think it’s possible your nute water touched the leafs when watering? With the lights on it will burn your Fan leafs…

What is your Ec in your Res also? There looking juiced up… I’m feeding 1400 right now… Don’t plan on increasing that for a bit

2 Likes

I dont think so because the automated lines are pointed downward.
I was thinking that it may be my lights are too strong or close. There at least 24"away though but I have them all the way up.
Changed bubbler from yellow to black today and tomorrow I’m gonna switch out the water.
Blue dream does have perfect new growth under those burnt leaves, that’s what makes me think it could be lighting.

1 Like

How many watts are your lights and can you dim if needed?

1 Like

It says I can run at full from 12" to 18" close.
So I doubled the height from start.
But yes I can dim, I think I’ll go turn it down a bit now.

1 Like

@Bplatinum9 You see this also?

If this helps

I have a 650 LED that I’m using at 25% 24 on my Par meter that = 250 PPFD. Height is 24 inchs away

Also note everyday I’m turning it up planning getting to 350 to 400 PPFD (may increase more depends on how the girls look at this level when I get there)

1 Like

New growth…

All the way up…

Turned down some…

Turned to the lowest setting…

1 Like

Yeah I noted last time to do a gradual increase but I forgot and may have started these girls off too hot.
They are reacting like the last crop that dried out after being crunchy for so long so I’m gonna have to get to the bottom of it. :handshake:

P.s. I wonder if using the foliar spray would help? I havent tried any yet.

1 Like

I’m still thinking your nutes are strong also… and the dryer you get the Coco the higher the EC in the coco… That being said young plants can’t handle strong nutes… My first 2 watering I feed at Ec of 1000 last watering I increased to 1400…

On lighting to compare tent to Grobo on my meter grobo is kicking out around 130 PPFD…

1 Like

So next grow I can cut my nutes back for germination add a bit more for veg, then run full for flower you think?
I dont own a par meter for checking lighting.

1 Like

I’m sure people would disagree with me on this one but if you want to set it and forget it for a week. I would feed veg at 1400 Ec ( 2 weeks old min ) when I change to flower I will increase to 1400 to 1600 this is safe. Yes you can push more than this but you have to watch the plants then if you see them getting juiced up you have to back down on the nutes…

Remember nutes hurt more growers than it helps by over feeding…

My advice is grow this grow at safe levels… If you want to start checking the plants everyday and make adjust as needed over the week then push a bit harder…

When I get home I will post a update on my girls feed at low EC… I think they look like fire right now

On Germination I feed no nutes. From my experience they just can’t handle it

I charged my Coco pods with

Cal/Mag to 500 Ec
V1 and V2 until 800 Ec

Then I let them dry out for 1 week before I planted the girls in the coco…

Next watering when needed

Cal/Mag to 500 Ec
V1 and V2 until 1000 Ec

Slowly bring it up… Depending on how they look

Par meter is one of the best tools to have… Now the problem $$$ not cheap… Lux meter is cheap but it’s no help with LEDS

Hope this helps

1 Like