Everything Flora Flex

Basically will be running pvc pip from the reservoir into the tent and running the pvc directly down the middle of the tent with the two bubblers running along that manifold

2 Likes

Ive been thinking about that a lot because I’m only 5"2 on a good day…
With the reservoir under the grow I may need a ladder to tend to my plants.
I also considered not having to open up the tent to feed the reservoir.

1 Like

It’s really all preference and strains your running … like right now I have the legend og crinkle cut and it’s 100 percent indica but got damn is she stretching … she’s got me nervous cuz other clones need to catch up so I’m topping again which I didn’t want to do cuz branch size reduces each top… smaller branch the less weight it can hold which means smaller buds … I mean I’ll get more yield but smaller buds

3 Likes

I too will have my res outside the tent as I don’t want to add any more rh than needed. Making a lower manifold from the res with the bubblers connected to that at a lower height will work perfectly well. I contemplated using my auto pot res, truth be told, still am, and this is the way it would work even with the res 3ft plus high​:+1::v:

1 Like

Keep me posted you two @chris_barfield, @Osage
In the meantime I’m on instagram trying to find the simplest way to connect three pots to reservoir with the least amount of pipes and without drilling any holes in the tray or res.
Hey what size reservoir is best for a 2x4? 3 pot tent.
So ridiculous that botanicare wants $185 for a 40 gallon reservoir w/lid. Wondered if I could get away with the 20 gal for $125
And will a 2x4 botanicare flood tray fit into a 2x4 tent?

2 Likes

Flora Flex

((#FloraFlexAGo)):

--

:wink: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sparkling_heart:

((#TheMoreYouKnow)):

--

:brain::nerd_face: :green_thumb:

((# ExcitementIsReal )): :sparkling_heart:

--

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sparkling_heart: :innocent: :nerd_face:

- - -

@Merle_Carsten,

• (Maybe This Might Help You): {:wink:}:

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

4 Likes

40 gallons is way tooooo much for you anyway … the most you would need is a ten-20 gallon

2 Likes

Perfect :ok_hand: Thanks again @chris_barfield

1 Like

@chris_barfield, are you using any amendments other than the flora flex nutes?

1 Like

Just recharge , orca (rootzone ) and I use the floraflex silica and cal/mag … you can’t get the silica or calmag on the website . I developed a relationship with the owner to where he sends me the stuff to test … flora flex is designed pretty much for the cannabis plant

3 Likes

So the flora flex nuts needs cal mag or can they run by themselves without anything else?

1 Like

Need calmag for the coco. That is the one thing about growing in coco. :+1::v:

3 Likes

@osage @Bplatinum9

Yea usually coco you need tosupplement calmag due to the cation exchange points … I will say this though I did a run without cal/mag and I got great results with no deficiency… a lot of it comes down to what your plants want and also the quality of the coco

1 Like

I really thought that the amount it had in it would be sufficient. Now I’m confused to say the least on what I need in a tent grow.

I planned to use…
B1, B2, V1,V2 (floraflex),
Hydroguard (botanicare),
Big bud (advanced nutrients)
Flawless Finish (advanced nutrients)

Floraflex= Macronutrients

Nitrogen (N) is the main nutrient for strong vigorous growth, good leaf color, and photosynthesis. In the first half of a plant’s life it takes in 80% of the nitrogen it needs for the entirety of its growth cycle. Plants absorb nitrogen through their roots in a nitrate form, so for our purposes growth rates can be easily manipulated by how much nitrogen we feed our plants. (In our blends Nitrogen is stored in art 1 of both V & B.If you ever feel like you are having a nitrogen deficiency,simply increase V1/B1 or decrease V2/B2 in your formula in order to get to your desired EC or PPM).

Phosphorous (P) is key to photosynthesis, allowing plants to transform energy from sun/lights and other chemicals into food for the plant. It’s also important for plant respiration, their energy storage and transfer, and impacts the structure of a plant through cell division and cell growth. Ultimately, plants that are lacking Phosphorus will display stunted growth and their yields will suffer. In the early stages of growth Phosphorus strengthens your plants through healthy root development. Once in Bloom it helps promote flower sites, increases size, and assists with the ripening of your plants flowers, fruits, or buds. (You will find Phosphorous exclusively in Part 2: V2/B2 of our blends which enables you to easily increase or decrease the amount of Phosphorus in your formula as you see fit.)

Potassium (K) improves the overall health of plants and is responsible for producing higher quality flowers, fruits, or buds. It helps stimulate early growth in your plants, fruit formation, photosynthesis, and the uptake of other nutrients, which increases protein, resists insects and diseases, and aides in the protection of your plants against extreme temperatures. (We provide plenty of the Potassium needed for your plants to thrive in V2, B1, and B2. There is less Potassium in V1).

Secondary Nutrients

Secondary Nutrients are no less essential than Macronutrients, and are only called “secondary” because most plants need them in smaller quantities.

Calcium (Ca) is important for overall plant strength and promotes vigorous growth of young roots and shoots. It helps build cell walls, allows for cell elongation and cell division, is involved in nitrogen metabolism, reduces plant respiration, stimulates microbial activity, and aids the translocation of photosynthesis form leaves to flowers, fruits, and buds. (Necessary amounts will be found in V1 and B1).

Magnesium (Mg) is a component of chlorophyll like phosphorous, so is also necessary for photosynthesis. It helps improve the utilization and mobility of phosphorus, is an activator and component of many plant enzymes, and impacts the early uniformity of your plants. (Necessary amounts will be found in V2 and B2).

Sulfur (S) significantly assists with the formation of chlorophyll. It helps maintain a dark green shade and encourages vigorous plant growth. It also helps produce proteins, enzymes, amino acids and vitamins, and assists in disease resistance. (Necessary amounts will be found in V2 and B2).

Micronutrients

“Micro” sounds even less important than “secondary,” yet even though your plants require only trace amounts of Micronutrients, they cannot live without them. We have made sure that you have the required amounts of these elements for your plants, while simultaneously ensuring that they stay well under the heavy metal requirements set by certain states.

All Micronutrients will be found in parts 1. If you ever experience micro deficiencies scale back like the Mild Formula to the ratio of 1:.75 until your plants look healthy again. The first week of Veg and the first of Bloom should do the trick if you have issues.

Boron (B) contributes to cell wall strength, helps in cell development and division, is necessary for sugar transport and hormone development, and is essential in key growth parts of plants such as root tips and new leaf buds.

Copper (Cu) helps metabolize nitrogen, the formation of chlorophyll, promotes growth through enzyme activity, increases sugar content, intensifies color, and improves flavor.

Iron (Fe) acts as an oxygen carrier, promotes formation of chlorophyll, and helps with respiration and photosynthesis.

Manganese (Mn) aids in chlorophyll synthesis by activating fat forming enzymes, increases availability of (P) and (CA), and helps in electron transport during photosynthesis.

Molybdenum (Mo) converts nitrates into amino acids within plants and converts inorganic phosphorus into an organic form. Simply put: it helps plants use Nitrogen.

Zinc (Zn) aids in the development of enzymes and hormones, is necessary for chlorophyll production, promotes carbohydrate and starch formation, and helps with the maturation time of plants.

Not Included and Why

4 Likes

Nickel and chlorine are not essential and can kill your mykos and bennies… floraflex is designed to not need cal/mag but certain plants love calmag and will eat it all … like I said I ran without calmag and I was fine … but like my wedding cake is a calmag whore who always needed more and more …

I WOULD NOT USE BIG BUD or overdrive with these nutes … they are designed to be a bud booster already …

When you follow the feed charts you will notice it makes you change the ratios to basically be a bud booster on its own … so big bud and all those bloom boosters are not needed at all just follow the ratio changes and they will take care of it

3 Likes

Ok so the…
Flora flex nuts,
Hydroguard
Calmag
Or
Flora flex nutes
Calmag
Orca
Recharge

2 Likes

Yea that works … calmag is always good to have on deck anyway … but run the floraflex nutes without it first and see if your plants need the extra

2 Likes

I’ve personally never run hydrogaurd in my option it’s more for reservoirs but choice is yours it still a great product

1 Like

I have to run it in my grobo because it gets too hot and I don’t want to use a water chiller.
The basement might be a lot cooler so I may not need it.
So I think I’ll start with floraflex nutes and orca with calmag on stand by.

2 Likes

Moving along steady! Tent showed up today! Another $1200/$1300 and I should be ready to begin.

8 Likes