Everything Flora Flex

Also of note. If you are using beneficial’s such as Orca or Great White I would avoid using Hygrozyme. I was running into issues with the pH in my reservoir spiking along with the pH skyrocketing in my roots. I am pretty sure that it was an interaction between the Orca I use, and the Hyrgozyme.

I also noticed that after 2-3 days the water in my reservoir started getting murky. Once I stopped using Hygrozyme and going with SLF 100 my water has remained clear.

I think Hygrozyme is better suited for DWC such as the Grobo that can automatically adjust the pH. Not a good thing to have a product that is directly affecting the pH in your plants root zone. My runoff pH right before I discontinued using Hygrozyme was 7.2, the pH of the solution coming from my tank was 5.8, which was a pretty steep hike.

I actually had to flush my plant 3 times with Cal-Mag and low nute distilled water to get the runoff pH back to normal.

4 Likes

That is because the enzymes are doing its job and the spike and all of the murkiness will be more obvious with the first time use of it since there has already been so much buildup prior to introducing the enzymes. The advice I got from some of my commercial grower friends is to use it at half strength at most and use it as part of every water change.

The more you use it, the more stable the PH will be, yes there will be some drifting and spiking here and there if there were a lot of build up for the enzymes to lift off the surfaces, but would be much more stable with long term use. I really like enzymes, they are good stuff and also keeps the roots super happy since its removing all the residue from the root surfaces as well.

3 Likes

I’m still using Hygrozyme want to use it up plus I can’t get SLF-100 but I do find this to be accurate I’m finding I’m not drifting as bad as I was… Still drifting more than I would like to see but better than before… Next mix I’m going to try 1ml per Litre… Been using 2ml / Litre

4 Likes

Not using zeritol hc or hygrozyme yet.
I’m using vinegar water to clean and just added hydroguard for now, thinking of adding the zeritol hc between grows to keep things clean. I do use SLF-100.

I have found that Hygrozyme causes way too much of a pH spike for my comfort. My plant was starting to look like it was suffering from lock out. Checked the runoff pH and noticed it was way too high, flushed her 3 times and removed Hygrozyme. No more huge pH spikes, no cloudy smelly water. SLF 100 does the same thing, but its based off of a totally different mechanism of action. One is based off of sugars, which are metabolized by the enzymes and converted to food. Other is alcohol based (not 100% convinced about this one) which metabolizes the dead stuff and converts it to plant food minus the smell and pH changes.

Since removing hygrozyme my nute pH hasn’t changed more than 0.2 which is still more than I’d like to see, but much better than it going up 1.4 in less than 3 days.

3 Likes

Well getting close to changing to flower maybe this weekend¿

8 Likes

amazing job man, this is so beautiful! ODC BLISS!

2 Likes

Thanks appreciate it. It’s pretty cool to make 2 plants pretty much fill a 4 by 4 space

3 Likes

I use SLF @ 1ml/gal with every feed to insure there isn’t any Salt buildup . It does a great job and it doesn’t spike my PH at all . This is Grease Monkey @ Day 10 . 3 layer trellis going on to the 4th

7 Likes

Outstanding! I wish I had the side door ability like your 4x4 in my 2x4 tent, ive been having trouble defoiliating the back of my plants.
Something is still off with my plants but I feel like I just got the ph right. Still happily struggling!
Your on a roll! :eyes::seedling::trophy:

3 Likes

Looking good you stripped them good!!

2 Likes

Anything we can do to help let us know

1 Like

Will do! Thanks!

@Mpower11 do you use any beneficial’s such as Orca or Great White? I had a gallon jug filled with a low EC solution for my seedling, and after about 4 days it started to develop an aroma. I stopped using hygrowzyme and it seems like the aroma has stopped.

Trying to figure out if the bene’s in Orca were snacked on by the enzymes which cased the funky smell.

2 Likes

At this time I only use

Cal/mag from Gh
V1/V2
hygrowzyme

With this combo I don’t have any aroma from my tank (ph swing yes but it’s a lot better than before)

Note: Since I use a water chiller I no longer use hydroguard / great white etc

But here is a question are you 100% sure you don’t have any bacteria growing in your reservoir or any of your lines?

I took apart my water chiller the other day and ran hydrogen peroxide through it all night. The amount of crap that came out if it was unbelievable and I thought it was clean!! Guess I was wrong.

1 Like

I just bought some zerotol hc to help with bacteria and mold spores between drain and fills and I’m breaking down everything between grows and soaking lines with it too.
I’ll post later on how well it works.

Zerotol is the truth

1 Like

Welp id say my stress testing on this tent was a success I purposely fed high to see what the plants can handle and what they couldn’t surprisingly enough they handled it well until I got lazy and started to let the medium dry way too much but hey atleast I know they can survive that too … next round I will be selecting the phenos I like and running them again with more attention to a proper run …just started a tilt flush before my final flush to push trichome production these plants as it is now stand around 6 ft 2 inches as they are about two inches taller than me and I’m 6 foot… these are in six pots

I ran normal temps during veg however in flower I ran two days 95 degrees two day at 68 and one around and kept rotating that schedule as I wanted to see what I could Herm as I want to reverse the marshmallow og since you can’t find seeds of this crazy cultivar anymore … still couldn’t stop these beasts from growing …

Sad to say I will be retiring floraflex nutrients and switching to another company that I’ve been watching for a while and I like what I see .

Terps I’m getting rom strawberry gauva is ranging from banana to strawberry to cantaloupe gas and the marshmallows range from a distinct jet fuel nose on one pheno and the other are more gelato creamy gas I’ll Probly flush another two weeks and push beyond recommendations as I don’t like the taste of leftover nutrients

9 Likes

Also just snatched the hlg scorpion and the new fluence to compare whiche ever I don’t like I’ll sell

1 Like

100% sure. I sanitized the jug with ZeroTol HC. No signs of bacterial growth. I’m thinking it’s due to the lid ring kept closed and the odor is stuff breaking down due to a lack of O2. Who know, only need to use the jug for another week, then I switch to the nutes in the reservoir.

2 Likes