Do-si-Dos germination question

I am just getting started also but be patient you have 2 more days for the leaves. It looks like they are coming :tada::fireworks:

My first grow had leafs showing by day 6…

Every grow is going to be completely different. Even if it was the same seed you won’t see the same results. Some are slow growers is all.

1 Like

I know that… this is more about whether the schedule needs to be adjusted… to allow the early veg stage to get full effect

I would only extend early veg if there isn’t much of a sprout. Don’t extend germination or anything. You’ll likely just extend late veg tbh

1 Like

Ok she is on the last day of germination and this is where we are at…

2 Likes

Not good! You may want to consider starting over with a different seed by a different breeder.

What happened? Is it doomed?

1 Like

If its at the end of germination with no leaves, stalk is yellowish and the tip is dried up, I would think so!
Could have been the seed or mishandled.

@Russel_Richardson would you agree with @Bplatinum9. Time to call it quits and start over?

1 Like

@Todd.grobo, is on here! I don’t see russel… It never hurts to have second or third opinions to be comfortable!

3 Likes

I’m not a fan of that breeder myself and have had like 6 of 7 seeds fail from them
I would terminate asap

3 Likes

Ok well then… what to plant today? I have the following.

2 Likes

I vote shiskaberry…

3 Likes

Some seeds are darker than others… is that a huge of their health?

1 Like

Also how do I end a grow… just start a new recipe?

1 Like

Oh yeah that’s toast for sure, I say go for the Blue dream, that’s my wife’s favourite strain.

Just go to the maintenance tab and hit harvest

I find the darker ones to be more mature seeds from what I’ve gathered. I had my outdoor grow get pollinated last summer so I have quite a few seeds lol. But yeah the darker striped ones are dense and don’t crack when you squeeze them and the lighter ones tend to crack under slight pressure.

The ones you buy though should for the most part be good, storage is key to keep them fresh. But if you have them most or all fail I’d contact who you got them through or the breeder themselves.

2 Likes

Did it flip upside down? Or did the head just fall right off?

2 Likes

After killing it and starting a shiskaberry strain I examined and determined the root came out on top so upside down…

3 Likes

Hey @liddellOnus,

You got there! I had faith you would…

This bad boy came out feet 1st, which is never what we want. Often the seedling will be able to flip itself over and survive, but other times, surgery is needed. Always try and plant seeds ‘tip down’

Here are some great pics for reference.

Cheers,
Stephen

5 Likes