No show

& have you seen my posts :sob::exploding_head::flushed::wink:
But True :rofl:!:wink:!

2 Likes

Soon very soon! They have been known to pop in the middle of the night! :eyes::seedling:

3 Likes

Ive cut and tore open pods to see… I had a seedling growing upside down and had to flip it over. It’s growing good. Soaking 3 Critical Purple Autoflowers so I can get my system going. Don’t wanna run out LMMFAO

3 Likes

Still no show :confused:!!!

What was that about patients :flushed: :rofl:

Oh & no Pop" :wink::rofl:

1 Like

Now I am starting to get Peeeeeed off :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

With my previous are these pods ok & is anyone having similar issues :thinking:

Don’t get it :roll_eyes:!!

I stand corrected :neutral_face:!

Just had 3 free seeds offered from Seedsman for my Dud :relaxed:

Now I Am lovin Seedsman :heart_eyes: :wink::rofl:

4 Likes

Still Nothin :roll_eyes:!:face_with_raised_eyebrow:!

She’s got till Friday :neutral_face:!!

It does happen! Feels better to be sure you didnt waist a seed though! :eyes::seedling:

2 Likes

I use the spungy one that are shaped like the tray inserts. I’ve had 100% sprouts so far.
Got 3 Critical Purple here’s a pic I’ve also got 4 OGBB & Purple Rain… They are beautiful arent they?

Sorry friend…
It’s saying (for some reason) not enough memory?

I’ve had germination issues with the Grobo. I was drowning seeds as the cocopod was in the water. I literally moved the pod up over an inch. I killed 3 seeds before I figured out it was the Grobo, even tho I had it set up exactly as it was supposed to be.
I think that I’ve figured out the sweet spot now on my machine and it requires the pod to sit about an inch above the line, keeping a barrier between the water line and the cocopod. Then I will monitor the dampness and spray the cocopod with Great White (a great product for germination) diluted with RO water.

The other thing I’ve done is germinate the seed in the cocopod outside of the grobo using a sandwich bag to keep in moisture

4 Likes

Hi dude :wink:
I’m beginning to think along the same lines m8 :roll_eyes:!
Looks like she started fine then drowned :exploding_head:!
Hopefully my freebies turn up Monday & ill start AGAIN :flushed:!!!..

So your saying leave about 10mm sticking above the plate From Start & Still move up further if needed at Tap-root touch down time :thinking:??

We shall fight em on the beaches" n all that :uk: :rofl:

For what its worth I think these Coco Pods might need a rethink in the design department

Thank f#@% for the Edit" :rofl:

Cant quite make out the pot your using m8 :thinking::wink:

1 Like

:rofl: Yeah. I’d fill the grobo, remove the coco pod, get a measuring tape and measure the distance from the top of the lid to the water. The Pod should hover over the water or just barely touch until the tap root is established.

I prefer to germinate in ziplock baggies and then transfer over. 100% rate. Just keep the pod damp.

https://www.amazon.com/Plastic-Slotted-Hydroponics-Aquaponics-Orchids/dp/B07ZMFBNQY/ref=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=net%2Bpot%2B2%2Binch&qid=1609614435&sr=8-9&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/Great-White-Mycorrhizae-24-Cs/dp/B01B8LXKGA/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1VIYH20TAX8WE&dchild=1&keywords=great+white+mycorrhizae&qid=1609614389&sprefix=great+white%2Caps%2C268&sr=8-4

2 Likes

Great info m8 thanks :wink:

So the basket fits perfectly into the bottom tray yeah & i can germinate in the pod as normal
It will allow me better inspection of the grow even if I don’t do the Jiffy Trick straight away :wink:!.. Still a newbie…

& don’t I know it :flushed:!:rofl:!

:wink:!!..

3 Likes

Not sure if the basket will fit into the Grobo itself, I don’t think it will, but it might. Can’t test that right now as I’m at the end of a grow, but that’s a great idea. I just use them to hold the cocopods until ready to transfer - they mimic the opening of the Grobo very well.

They also fit perfectly into these:

https://www.amazon.com/Borden-Cremora-Powdered-Coffee-Creamer/dp/B07HHN3GVG/ref=sr_1_185?crid=3HV0WQ5PQ74RJ&dchild=1&keywords=non+dairy+creamer&qid=1609618572&rnid=2941120011&s=grocery&sprefix=non+dairy+%2Caps%2C257&sr=1-185

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

:wink:!:rofl:! Awesome :metal:

3 Likes

@Gmann don’t forget the ol’ germinating in a glass of water or in damp paper towels, too. That method has worked for others in the past :wink:

@Centervillain good idea though, I really like the idea of germinating in a pod outside the Grobo. Luckily, I have the Grobo Start on it’s way before my next grow, but that woulda been really cool to try.

3 Likes

All that’s fine n all & very Old School :metal::wink: but aren’t we supposed to be talking about the most certificated growing machine ever made :flushed:
Or am I missing something :thinking:!:rofl:!:uk:!..

Not clear from pic but there’s like a fine Mist/fibers or one could say mould around the shoot :roll_eyes::thinking:
Really think she’s a gonna :face_with_raised_eyebrow:!
I’ll leave till seeds arrive as previous :wink::metal:

1 Like

@Gmann,

• (Could We Be Seeing This Seed [:eyes:] Sprouting UpsideDown [:upside_down_face:]):? :question:

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

1 Like

It’s happened to me. I flipped it and it grew…?

2 Likes