((Distilling Water)): (#WaterTalk): šŸ’§ šŸš°

@Stephen,
@fuz was going to ask you a question, I figured to ask you hereā€¦ If we get a distiller system, is it possible to put the ((used water)) through it and use it for the plant?.. I got curious on how the response to this would be myselfā€¦ :wink::smiley:

2 Likes

@SilverGrobo I do t see why you couldnā€™t put it back through the distiller isnā€™t that how public water systems work?

2 Likes

@chris_barfield,
Sounds like it would work like thatā€¦ :wink::smiley:

2 Likes

Interesting question @SilverGrobo,

I think a test is in order. Off the top of my head, if you are using RO or distilled this in theory would be fine. If you are using tap, you may experience an issue with chloramine which isnā€™t eliminated with a simple distillation. Many municipalities add this to their local tap water and itā€™s not something we growers want in our water.

Try it out on a couple house plants and see how they react. They will tell you if they donā€™t like it. :wink:

Best,
Stephen

5 Likes

Interestingā€¦I did buy a distiller to provide my plant with the right type of waterā€¦I personally was going to use the used water for other house plantsā€¦never thought of actually running the used water bak through the machineā€¦I will have to test this theory and let you guys know :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Donā€™t try zero water filter that didnā€™t work. Nothing but droppy and brown leaves. Iā€™m curious if that would work. Seen them on Amazon didnā€™t pull trigger though

3 Likes

Yea I bought mine on Amazon. It seems to work great so farā€¦but I havenā€™t had a chance to test the water just yet ā€¦but seems to be a good buy:)
ROVSUN Countertop Waterā€¦ https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079L5D5VJ?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

2 Likes

Yeah I agree @Bongsmoker89, Iā€™ve seen a couple of zero water users not have success. Iā€™d avoid this water if possible.

Stephen

3 Likes

@Stephen,
@fuz says, he would like to get a (distiller) to take tap water (first zero filter it out), then from there (distill) it for the plantā€¦ Would this work?.. :thinking::herb:

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure @SilverGrobo,

Iā€™ve seen several growers using the Zero water filter not have success. I donā€™t recommend it for use in our system at this time. Distilling tap water may present a problem with excess chloramine which isnā€™t eliminated with a simple distillation. This may be a good project/test for your house plants, Iā€™d try to keep the input water the same for each grow in your Grobo.

Cheers,
Stephen

4 Likes

ā€¦ #11

- - - [2021-05.21]:

May 21, 3:16 AM

@Gmann,

ā€¦

ā€¦

• (#ReverseOsmosis):

• (How does reverse osmosis work?):

ā€¦

ā€¦

ā€¦

- - - [2021-06.09]:

@Jaguar,

ā€¦

• (#Welcome): :wave:t4: :wink:

ā€¦

ā€¦

- - - [2021-08.26]:

@Saltyy,

ā€¦

ā€¦

• (#Welcome): :wave:t4: :wink:

• (#TeamHasGotYouCovered): {:green_thumb:}: ā€¦

• (You Might Want To Change Your Thought On Going With Tap Water -Because- Some Areas Have Large Quantities Of [Chloramine/Municipalities]):

ā€¦

- - - [2021-09.08]:

@Pedro_Semorile,

ā€¦

• (Thank-You For Sharing): (#CaringIsSharing):

~~~

- - - [2021-09.24]:

@TheDogMan,

ā€¦

• ( (We Filter First, -Then- Distill ā€œOur Faucet Waterā€):):

~~~

- - - [2021-09.29]:

@Gmann,

ā€¦

• (Unavailable At This Time): {:slightly_frowning_face:}:

~~~

- - - [2021-10.01]:

@Sunanranch,

ā€¦

• (Some Good Results):

~~~

- - - [2021-10.06]:

@Akira6063,

ā€¦

• (You Might Want To Read_ :open_book: This Topic):

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

7 Likes

OK thanks, looks like I was doing it OK, filter first them distill.

1 Like

:fist_right:

You might find this helpful bud :crossed_fingers:
Works a treat :+1: Easy to install :+1: Not that expensive & Iā€™ve Never Looked Backā€‹:metal:!!

Water2Buy EASY RO | Easy DIY Reverse Osmosis System with Easy Twist Filters https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00N9W3FTE/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_313EYKXMA5W6X9DZACS1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Happy :seedling:! :seedling:!:seedling:!

2 Likes