Critical Purple Auto.... the repeater

10ml is 1 teaspoon.

3 Likes

Ok thanks so I don’t have to mix it in the water then I can put it in directly :+1:t2: Great help an quick response thank u

Another question does the water temp have to be over 70 or is it a gd safety precaution as well

@Vicc said it well on a previous post …[quote=“Vicc, post:16, topic:7905”]
Optimal water temp for roots are 66-68 from most of the forums however anything 72 and above you should get hydroguard to help prevent root rot. This just covers root rot prevention and also helps root stay healthy. With lower water temps, the plant can tolerate higher environment temps. I live in California and my water temps is consistently at 82f and I was getting tired of rotating iced water bottles throughout the day so I gave in and got a water chiller. Its pretty expensive (around $300-500), however if you are comfortable with basic electronics, you can build a DIY water chiller for around $60 .
[/quote]

4 Likes

Ok , being a little more specific . I don’t have my water thermostat yet , waiting on it . Is it safe for me to add the hydroguard without knowing the temperature?

1 Like

that’s we’re she’s at now

3 Likes

Gotcha. I misunderstood. You are good to add no matter the temp :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks very much help bro

3 Likes

Welcome my little friend! :raised_hands:

7 Likes

I’m hoping I prevented a bad situation… I was inspecting the plant closely yesterday afternoon trying to figure out if it still had the shell on it or not and I was poking around at the pod to make sure the moisture felt appropriate. When doing so, I noticed that my root had turned and was growing up through the top. (Not to self and anyone else that germinates seeds before adding to the coco pod, add the seed as soon as root starts to pop). I waited a little longer than normal and you can see by the pic of the started seed that the root was already curling. After planting, it didn’t straighten itself out. I carefully used tweezers and removed the plant and was able to situate it properly with the root now going down. I also found the shell but wasn’t sure if I knocked it off or if it had already fallen. For the heck of it, the put shell back over the top of the plant once I had it positioned and secured. I checked on it this morning and was happy to see it had kicked the shell on its own. And some green leaves popped. Fingers crossed she survives :crossed_fingers:. I zoomed in on the pic above and you can see in the pic where the root was already coming through circled in red.

1 Like

Here is the pic from this morning

6 Likes

She’s kickin it!!

Nice!

Glad the roots figured shit out :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Good morning AG! I did a drain/fill 2 days ago and everything looked good at the time. I checked on her this morning and she is looking a bit sad. Temp gets down to about 68 at night and up to about 73 during the day. RH is staying around 48%. I did a manual ph check and its good. My water level and cocopod dampness seem to be relative to my last two grows. I did remove the lid and look at the bottom of the cocopod and I dont see any signs of the tap root poking through yet… maybe I damaged the root when I had to move it… either way, any expert advice/opinions would be greatly appreciated!

5 Likes

@SilverGrobo I was looking through those links you attached me to and I’m going to use some of that info. Thanks!
I am going to put a little heater in that room at night to keep the temp up in the low 70s and when I get home today, I’m going to do a little cocopod surgery and see what I find. Maybe the root is twisted or growing in the wrong direction

3 Likes

im on day 78 … my first grow. Also Critcal Purp Auto. Prob wanna do a photo next time.

4 Likes

Yea, no doubt. Just another prime example of how autos (and more specifically the critical purple strain) just grow and grow and grow. Lol. Im hoping to at least create a different experience than most have had with this strain

5 Likes

Looks like @SilverGrobo came through! Thanks again! The root was definitely all balled up. I lost a small part of the root when opening it up. It was all tangled and webbed through the pod in that area. I was able to save most of the root and I was able to get it straightened back down the pod (all the root in the picture was saved. There was more intertwined in the pod that I couldn’t pull free). I also will run heat overnight tonight in that room to see if that helps and will analyze in the morning. Luckily I’m not far in and I have one more critical purple seed if this girl doesn’t pull through. I also brought my pod up just a touch.

6 Likes

Was hoping it would be neat but never again do i use an auto

1 Like

@Chad_Johnson,

- - -

@Chad_Johnson,

• (I Would Put In [Germination] Until She Is Strong Enough To Take In The Nutrients From [EarlyVeg.]):

- - -

@Chad_Johnson,

- - -

@Chad_Johnson,

• (You Are Trying To Dry Out Your [Coco-Pod] You Could Scoop Out Water To The middle Fill Line): (-Also- With ‘Your Own AirStone’ You Can Strategically Face It In A Way To Point The Bubbles to Shoot Across The Tank Instead Of Directly Up Under The Plant): {:wink:}:

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

1 Like

Hey everyone! Im hoping for a Christmas miracle… if I had more grows under my belt, I’d almost certainly scrap this and start over. However, as much as I want to grow a “perfect plant” with max yield, I would rather learn how to work through hardships even if it extends time and/or limits my yield. So with that said, is there anything anyone would suggest for me to try to save this? I was out of town for that past 5 days so its been on its own… I’m 99.999% sure the issue is due to how I planted the germinated seed. I know I broke part of the root off with my last adjustment. I dont think I disturbed it this time, but you can see where the root is growing out of the side of the cocopod. I did just raise the pod up slightly more for now but would love any insight if there is any to offer. As always, thanks everyone!
20201224_182424

6 Likes