Bud candy and big bud dosage

Nice. Excited to see them.

1 Like

How did that turn out for u so far no issues with doing that :+1:t2::dash::seedling:

This will be the 3rd plant and so far so good!!

2 Likes

That’s gd to know but the general hydroponic is orange :tangerine: tho if I’m not mistaken :+1:t2::dash::seedling:

The ph down is orange :tangerine: an the up :arrow_up: is blue :+1:t2::dash::seedling:

This is an 85.8 gram bud, still wet just cut it. But that’s the biggest I’ve ever grow!! 3rd pic is the smallest one I cut off. Pretty happy with the results so far. I’ll let you know what that 85.8 one weighs after 10 or so days of hanging to dry.

5 Likes

That is insane. I want to grow buds like this.

3 Likes

I think the size of these buds had a lot to do with the genetics of the seed. It was an ILGM blueberry auto

3 Likes

Well it’s impressive. I’ve read that one shouldn’t use auto seeds in the Grobo yet here you are with an amazing turn out. So much misinformation on here. Have you grown other autos and if so what are your thoughts versus photo ?

2 Likes

It is NOT misinformation, it’s a recommendation…and here’s why. There is NO control over autos, they do what they want. You can’t control the height they grow by flipping to transition earlier or later. You have to be careful with any lst or topping as you can stunt it and end up with a little shorty. The height it wants to grow is the height it’s going to grow. Some grow too short, some grow out of control high, some grow just right. If you want to grow an auto, nobody will say you can’t or shouldn’t, but most will advise against it for those very reasons. There have been plenty of people with success with autos, there’s also been a lot that flower at the height of the second fan or grow out of control and require major supercropping to keep them from burning. If you look at the bottom of that plant, it had to be MAJORLY trained and the pod pushed through the hole and it still ended up inches from the light. I will say though, awesome job making it work @zacuriah.

7 Likes

My photo just did that very same thing and it was on the recipe list etc. I transitioned it at the second fan and followed all regular protocol and it still grew out of control. :man_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

I’m not saying it can’t happen with photos either, but when you know how much a photo strain stretches, you can make adjustments when you transition on the next grow. Not every plant is the same, but you can get a general idea. I say give an auto a shot, maybe it’ll work out great. I grew one auto in the grobo and won’t do it again as it went barely above the second fan so the light was so far the entire plant ended up being larf. It’s all personal choice and preference.

4 Likes

This is my second auto in the grobo and there are definitely challenges. As stated above I had to do magor training to keep her out of the light on both autos. Both ILGM, one blueberry, one northern lights. Everything @FireGuy said is true. The photos are much easier to control and not so much worry about shocking by training/pruning. I got my seeds for free and got a mix of auots and photos. I always do the first run in the grobo to see how she will grow. Then either take clones for the tent or start from seed. That way I have a pretty good idea of what to do with the six plants I run in the tent and how they will do.

5 Likes

You are talking about the cal mag xtra right? That’s the only one I see. I’m excited to try this approach in my next grow. :).

I use this.

2 Likes

Maybe I missing something, but why pay $2000 for a Grobo and not use it automated how intended? Seems like a lot to pay $2000 for a small 1x1x3 space when your going to do it all yourself so can use anything. For $600-$800 you can buy a complete grow room tent and get way bigger grows.

2 Likes

Oh ok. I was looking at the advanced nutrients.

I mean technically the water change triggers the dispersement of nutrients so that’s not automated. It takes me just as long to do it myself each water change. And the results are better. :wink: I only did a partial of what he does and had the best grow I’ve had to date.

2 Likes

I get what your saying for sure. There would be much cheaper ways to go if your going to do everything manually. That being said I got my grobo for free from a friend that couldn’t have it anymore. I ran out of the original grobo nutes after the second grow and already had the advanced nutrients so I figured I would use them up. I could see a big difference on how big the plants got with the AN nutes. They where just all around bigger. My stalks get so big sometimes I worry there going to crack the plastic. I plan on trying to fill the grobo bottles with advanced nutrients and let it autodose them and see what happens at some point in time. If that’s does work one of these days I will fill the bottles with water and do a drain and fill and see how much each nutrient bottle actually doses and see if I can’t come up with a way to use other nutrients with the autodose by concentrating or diluting the nutrients used depending on how much the grobo doses. In my experience most nutrients use about the same ratio so I suspect that just putting the advanced nutrients in the grobo bottles would probably work fine.

2 Likes

I’ve thought about trying this as well. It seems it’s about 10ml each in early and late, 20ml or so in flower. Haven’t quite paid attention much as my tent is my baby now lol.

1 Like