Bud candy and big bud dosage

Hello everyone. I’ve gone back and searched threads. And I can’t find the best time and dosage amount of big bud and bud candy. Can anyone help? I did find info on but bud as far as timing goes but not the dosage amount. I also don’t know the amount of water that the reservoir holds which would be another useful answer. Thanks.

3 Likes

Res holds 2.5 gal i believe. I don’t recommend big bud in grobo as there are a lot of solids in it and it’s not 100% liquid. As for bud candy, i’ve never used it so i can’t comment on dosage. I like to recommend starting at 1/4 strength and moving up if the plant can handle it.

4 Likes

Ok. Thanks for the info! I’ll just start low with the bud candy.

3 Likes

For a P/K booster like big bud, i’m using liquid koolbloom, no solids in it. However, this is in my tent. I tried adding extras to the grobo and my two grows havent turned out SUPER beneficial.

4 Likes

Ok. Do you think bud candy would be the same then?

1 Like

5 Likes

What phase is it supposed to be used in? I’m wondering what is best in the grobo etc. it was recommended to me to use bud candy and big bud but doesn’t sound like big bud is great for the grobo.

3 Likes

I have never used bud candy before, its supposed to be for flower stage in week 1-7.
I use big bud every grow!
I use 3 teas in my fill water when I do drain and fills and its also for flower stage but not the first week of flower, wait for the second week.
I have never had an issue with big bud and sometimes you can’t take everyone’s advice unless you feel like they have actually tried a product several times for results or you have given it your best shot! Experiment and trust yourself! :eyes::seedling:
Take a look at what big bud produced for me in this post!

7 Likes

Wow. That’s impressive. When do you start using it previous to flower? It sounded like you were using it in vegetative stages?

1 Like

Big bud is used in flower stage only!

Follow This Simple Feed Chart Designed by our Research Team

Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 Week 4 Week 5 Week 6 Week 7
Big Bud® 2 mL/L 2 mL/L 2 mL/L

Conversions: 1 Teaspoon = 5mL | 1 Tablespoon = 15 mL | 1 Ounce = 30mL | 1 Cup = 240 mL

Note: At Advanced Nutrients, we do not use paclobutrazol, daminozide, or any other banned plant growth regulators in our products.

ATTENTION: Big Bud® is completely compatible with all pH Perfect® and non pH Perfect® Base Nutrients along with all competitors Base Nutrients and Supplements.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Ok. Great. Gotcha. I’m almost to flower so I’ll start both when it’s time. So you’re adding 15 ml / 3 tsp per fill? Sorry. Just clarifying as that top dosage says 2ml but only for three weeks. So it sounds like we only use big bud for three weeks? Also I was told by a champion to add the extra nutrients after grobo dispensed it’s nutrients , but you say you put it in your fill water? Which way should I be doing it?

2 Likes

Your reservoir holds 3 gallons of water.
Big bud dosage is 2ml per gal.
So if your going by the chart you would add 1 teas = 5 ml
I personally use 3teas per fill.
So you can choose what you like just know that if your in between the two it won’t hurt your grow either way!

And yes weeks 2 - 4 is dosage times/3 weeks.

There is no rule on when to add big bud , someone posted this once and others took it to heart, so you will have to decide, but no matter when you add it the nutrients wil dose when the water ph is off so if you add it to the fill water it will only dose once, and if you wait until nutes dose first, once you add big bud the nutes will try and balance again. Your call! Hope this helps! :eyes::seedling:

6 Likes

That helps a ton. Thank you for your time and info.

3 Likes

When in flower I mix 2.5 gallons in a 5 gallon bucket and when I do a drain and fill there is just a little bit left, so I’m pretty sure you want to use 2.5 gallons not 3 for measurement’s.

3 Likes

Yes. That’s what I found as well. It’s definitely not three gallons. I mean I know there’s some water that stays in there but that can’t be factored in as it’s still water with some nutrients in it.

3 Likes

I totally get where your coming from and yes that will also work!
What I suggested and use does work, so it really comes down to choice!
Take in to consideration that any nutes left in the tank wil have lost a lot of its potency after time so this is why I prefer not to rely on it.

4 Likes

Thanks. I’ve been using big bud after your input and things are looking great. I appreciate your information.

3 Likes

Happy to hear it! :eyes::seedling:

3 Likes

It might use 3 gallons when it fills it to the high line in the beginning, but in flower it uses 2.5 gallons. It also might be saying the tank is 3 gallons meaning if you filled it complete to the very top.

2 Likes