Blueberry Muffin - First Grow

Stirring didn’t dissolve it. Hopefully it’s ok lol

1 Like

:man_shrugging:t2::grimacing: If it messes up your meter at least you can blame BlueLabs when you return it! Hopefully it has no ill effects. Will be interested to see what it reads. Have you already submitted a support ticket? If not I would do so.

2 Likes

Yes I submitted a ticket. I’ll take the pH reading around midnight. Thanks.

How long do these BlueLab solutions last for? Thinking about getting these bottles + the KCI storage solution bottle:

1 Like

Bottles state that they should be replaced every 6 months.

2 Likes

Took a ph reading and it tested 5.5. What’s the ideal ph range? Do my probes need to be cleaned and calibrated?

1 Like

Hey man, the spotting on your leaves seems normal to me. My girl did that too in the beginning, But once she got big enough she could handle more. She’s so little still and fragile just need patience and wait for her first growth spurt to happen! I wouldn’t send in a ticket yet and just let her be for a little while meanwhile she gets the hang of life. Instead of trying to chase a problem she might not have. In fact, my plant did it for longer than your even but she’s doing great! In other words, she will get past it! Here’s an example. Cheers!

5 Likes

I would calibrate yes. You are at the very bottom of “within range”. Submit a ticket also and have the team have a look at the system in their end.

2 Likes

@Letsgrowmore @SWSVIC thank you! that is great to know. i’ll try to calibrate my probes to be safe

@SWSVIC I just calibrated my ph probe. Are there instructions on how to calibrate the ec pen? Thanks.

No, currently Grobo does not offer EC/PPM calibration.

2 Likes

@Aangdid u buy a EC pen from blue labs too? Same process for calibration but different liquids to use

2 Likes

Believe @Aang was looking for instructions on calibrating the Grobo EC pen. Aang, if you’re question was in reference to your BlueLabs EC/PPM meter, the instructions for that are on the hang tag that came attached to it.

1 Like

Thanks guys @SWSVIC @Jamminbear.

Yes I do have the Bluelab EC pen.
Is there a way to calibrate or find out what the EC reading is for the Grobo EC pen?

1 Like

Unfortunately no, you can however submit a support ticket and have the Grobo Team look into it if you feel there is an issue. I always check the EC and PPM of the water coming out. I have found that my PPM is quite high and am currently working on getting it down. (I attribute it to using Recharge in my solution, I have since discontinued its use).

3 Likes

@SWSVIC what ppm is coming out and are u measuring the 500 or 700 standard.

@Aang if u have the blue lab Ec meter…just calibrate yourself and take reading periodically. You can inform the support team at Grobo if your Rez EC is running high and prevent issues before u see it on the leaves. EC can range from 1-2 and anything higher , I would keep a closer eye on. The most important thing is how your plants looks

2 Likes

Hey @Long I’m using PPM700, last reading I took (last Friday) was 1690. EC was at 2.4. Plant is happy, has been living in these conditions essentially it’s entire life (since the beginning of Late Veg.). :man_shrugging:t2:

If she is digging it- that is the best part. How dark are leaves btw, are they normal color or super dark green?

Lights are off currently, this close up is from Friday just before she switched to transition. Appears “normal” in color with new growth being light.

3 Likes

Looks good to me… nice trellis too! What u got growing?

GDP, this is my first grow (ever), opted to go with something that was tried and true and had a “solid” Grobo recipe. I knew next to nothing about growing or genetics when I chose. I have some very special gear lined up for the future. Next grow will be Frosted Cherry Cookies (Fem) from Relentless. Followed by some Bloom genetics, and then some Horchatas from Wyeast. Check out my thread here:

1 Like