Blueberry Muffin - First Grow

Ladies and Gentleman, the time has finally come! I received my Grobo and will be growing a strain called Blueberry Muffin for my first grow. I’m excited to start this journey!

This is Germination (Day 1 /10).

I have a few questions.

1. The top black level thing behind the removable plastic cover which I believe is the water sensor is hanging a bit lower than the bottom 2. Is this a concern? I tried adjusting it but it won’t stay up and it droops a bit low.

2. The reservoir lid is a bit filmsy and does not appear to be leveled and fit properly when the lid is closed. Is this ok?

3. How does my coco pod in the reservoir lid look?

5 Likes

Looks good.
1 is based on water level. Working as intended.
2. Yeah the lid doesnt do anything but separate it.
Is your coco flush at the top

5 Likes

No bubbles in your reservoir but I see an aftermarket air stone, do you have an aftermarket pump that is turned off for for a clearer picture of your float switches or is your Grobo pump broken? Also, can you post a up pic of your coco pod showing how it is sitting in the lid? It looks like it may be a little high from the photo you’ve just posted.

2 Likes

Thanks @Todd.grobo @SWSVIC.

Yes, I installed an extra air stone; it works but haven’t turned it on yet.
I assumed the Grobo pump wasn’t on because it’s day 1 of germination? Should the Grobo pump be on?

Here’s a picture of the coco pod

2 Likes

Coco is flush.
Pump is 24 7 fro.get go which means ures is broke. Email support to investigate further and send you a replacement

5 Likes

Pretty sure Grobo pump should be on, good thing you have your back up in place. Turn it on, the bubbles are what keep the coco pod moist during germination phase. Coco pod is sitting a little high, don’t think it will effect much but I’d give it a gentle push down to make it flush with the lid. Be sure to avoid pressing down directly on the are in which your seed has been placed.

3 Likes

I pushed the coco pod a bit lower and turned on my extra pump. Also sent an email to Grobo support about the non-working pump. Thank you guys.

5 Likes

Did your nutrient bottle lids come with the hose through the offset air vent holes instead of the holes in the middle of the lid (in which they are supposed to be inserted)? I don’t think it will make a difference although those holes are a bit tight, just keep an eye on your bottles when you do your first water change in early veg to ensure that nutrients are being dispensed and that the lines aren’t restricted in any way. If so, you’ll know why and it will be an easy fix.

3 Likes

The bottle caps came with 2 holes in each. Figured the off-center hole was an intentional design so I put the tubes through it. Hopefully this is what you’re asking about.

2 Likes

Yes it was. Strange, in my unit the offset holes are very small, like a little larger than a pin hole. Yours are the same size I take it?

Yes, the offset holes are about the same size as the center holes. I had no issues putting the tubes through it. They do look a little less round/clean than the center holes though.

2 Likes

In that case I’m sure it will be fine! Sorry to alarm you haha.

2 Likes

My Grobo air pump suddenly turned on this morning on its own. I think I’m going to leave both air pumps running and keep an eye on it.

4 Likes

Mine are the same. Small pinhole sized airholes

2 Likes

Hello guys, I checked under the reservoir lid today and noticed my coco pod was dripping water. I think it may have been getting too wet so I gently squeezed the excess water off the coco pod and turned off my extra air pump.

Is this 8 inch blade fan too big for the Grobo machine? :joy:
How does my temperature and humidity readings look? Thanks!

2 Likes

You might not need that fan just yet! Your Strain sounds awesome, I can’t wait to watch her grow!
Congrats! :grin:

3 Likes

Your temps and RH are well within range. You’re going to need a smaller fan :joy:. Go for 5”.

3 Likes

Also, go for a fan that is the least obstructs the least amount of light.

2 Likes

@Letsgrowmore Thanks! I’m super excited to grow this!

@SWSVIC I have a new fan coming. Will see how that works out haha

2 Likes

I lifted my coco pod up a little because the bottom appeared too wet and dripped water when I lifted the lid

2 Likes