Blueberry Indica(Canuck Seeds Fem) - First Grow - Harvested

thanks everyone …i think for my second grow I’ll try to add in an additive like Big Bud really appreciate the support and perspectives :slight_smile:

There has been a few suggestions, i’m gonna have to make a new years shopping list :slight_smile: , hydro guard(which I don’t think i can get anymore in canada)
revive for root growth.Big bud for flowering.ect

5 Likes

I’m in Canada and I bought hydroguard. From a store in Mississauga I believe… I can’t remember the name but I’ll look for it when I’m done work :+1:

3 Likes

Okay so then my next question is are these nutrients or additives to go with a nutrient regiment? Just read up about avoiding organics, then is using the normal “big bud/bud candy” okay? And correct me if I’m wrong as I’m at work and can’t see the bottle but isn’t hydroguard organic and would that help prevent the gunk/clogging?

Sorry @Bloodydrake I just realized we’ve hijacked your thread pretty good haha

4 Likes

its a great conversation…no worries :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Russ, hydroguard is an addictive that fights off pithium, the bacteria that causes root rot.

3 Likes

I use b’cuzz bloom booster in my Grobo during flower great addition to your regular nutes.

2 Likes

Flower (Day 31 / 41)

Bela’s chugging along. Trimmed a handful of fan leafs that had gotten to big. Those hand held microscopes are very hard to focus …gonna have to practice that more. I’ve moved to 3/2/2 watering cycle from the default 3/4 for the last stages of flowering not sure if i should have done that earlier but basically Its sunday drain and fill, wed fill , Friday fill.
some current pics tried to show abit more from a lower perspective as well

15 Likes

Looking good. Any day now!

2 Likes

So I’m getting close to harvest
I was looking these jars
Does 4 16oz /500ml jars seem like lots for grobo harvests ? Or should I get the 32oz 4 pack

4 Likes

I got these in the biggest size not sure if it’s those or the next size up but I love em

4 Likes

Agreed, I use these and they’re great - likely found cheaper at local stores.

Mason Jars

Add one of these per bottle and you’re set
63% rH
Just make sure not to smash the buds into these. You want them to breathe a little

4 Likes

So I have read a bunch of curing guides that have you burping 3 times a day first week then less frequently after I bought some digital rh gages for the jars and some 8gram bovedapacks … is there a good guide for using the boveda? Or just follow normal guides 4 to 6 week curing process with pack added.

3 Likes

I follow the recommendation with success. No issues to report. I don’t bother with the gauges. Just add the pack, burp and let sit.

Ripped this from rollitup
“I use these as well. They work GREAT.
The only possible downside is some people think that it tends to leech some of the smell from the jar, which I think in time I have noticed as well. But honestly, the difference in smell is very minimal, and your buds will still taste great. I don’t think it causes any difference in taste, it may even just be the presence of the humidity pack materials and the salts in there mixing with the smell of the buds. But regardless, even with this tiny downside to the boveda’s, they will keep your buds at the perfect humidity and give the best smoke with just perfectly burning buds. The upsides to boveda’s FAR outweigh the tiny possible effect where it seems to leech a bit of smell. You wont regret it.

That being said, I wouldn’t pick your buds off once dry and plop them right in with the boveda pack quite yet. Stick them in a jar with a small humidity meter (pet store, 10 bucks), seal it, and let them sit in there while watching that humidity meter for a little while.

1.If the meter goes above 62% pretty quickly (like 30 minutes?), keep drying them a bit more.

2.If you jar your buds and humidity very steadily rises and after a longer period of time (hour+) you see it has gone above 62%, burp the jar. (open it, shake the buds around and let it sit to get dryer air in the jar for 5-30 minutes, depending on how quickly the humidity meter rose.) Then reseal it and repeat this process until the humidity gauge never goes above 62%. At this point you can stop burping, but this could be days of this process. This is the ideal way to cure your buds, and if you can dry to this perfect point (which for me seems to be just before the stem crack, although this can be very difficult to gauge) and jar just at the right time there honestly is no better way to cure your buds, and you wont need to stick a boveda pack in until you take buds out enough to smoke that the humidity starts dropping well below 60% or so. THEN you can stick a boveda pack in and it is helpful for longevity of your buds.

1. On the other hand, let’s face it, things don’t always work out so perfectly and you might jar your buds to find the humidity never rises above 62%. this means you have over dried. But the closer your humidity reads to 62% after letting them sit in the jar for a couple days, the less of a deal this is. Honestly, if you pull right when the stem cracks, this is likely to happen, but it won’t really be severe enough to make much of a difference. It’s not a bad method. And regardless, this is when boveda packs are REALLY helpful. If you over dry a bit, just pop a boveda pack in and seal the jar and they will get re-hydrated in one to 3 days or so. The smoke will be just as good as the perfectly cured buds, but you might have lost just a bit of flavor and potency from over drying. Not much though, I over dried to 45% this last grow, stuck a boveda pack in, and these buds are still amazing. Initially they were a bit harsh form over drying (and lack of cure I guess), but after a few days with the boveda they smoked great.

More people need to know about using bovedas. I sware 99% of the weed you get out there, by the time it gets to you at least, is WAY over dried and as a result becomes really harsh. All that people need to do is go out and buy a 5$ boveda pack and keep their buds in with that. I don’t understand why every bag you go pick up is dried to absolute f*&%ing sh!t unless it was just picked off the plant. So ah… spread the word I guess. Lol.”

Not sure it adds much to the convo, but may help since you’re using gauges as well

9 Likes

thats great info @James thanks!
slight loss in smell seems like no big deal to me considering so much of what I get from OCS is over dried and barely any smell till ya grind anyways.

I’m gonna pick up the mason jars today…stick the digital RH meters in the jar with just a boveda pack to figure out which ones read closest to 62

thx for the help

4 Likes

Just try and make sure you don’t over dry your plants try and keep a RH of 55-60 and a temp of 18-22. Dry for 7-10 days after that do a nice long cure if you don’t over dry humidy packs will not be needed. I have 6 month old homegrown that is still beautiful with never using and humidity packs. But that being said there is nothing wrong with using humidity packs if needed.

5 Likes

Go with the 32 oz jars. Remember to fill them about 75 percent and leave about 25 percent space for air…

2 Likes

thx! i grabbed 2 of the 32oz ones from wallmart for a few bucks each…should be way more then i’ll need for now

2 Likes

Nah you will want more wants you get your tent going!!! Lol

1 Like

Lol I grabbed a whole case! Not knowing I was going to be putting up a tent…yesterday’s pics

6 Likes

@Bloodydrake those buds are looking good :slight_smile: The definition in the leaves is just awesome!

1 Like