Blueberry Indica(Canuck Seeds Fem) - First Grow - Harvested

Bela’s continuing to flesh herself out and top Leafs are about midway up the first fan now.
definitely getting lots of branches forming.
Ordered a wire shelf that Im hoping to use for bottom SCROG net , should be here in a few days.

8 Likes

Looks like u could lollipop a bit, couple of fan leaves not getting light under there. And if u got the drying lines from grobo they work well to train like a scrog

5 Likes

I ended up using some craft wiring for tieing up garland to try and open up the middle abit so the branch i FIM’d gets more light and get catch up in growth. as well as spreading the rest of the branches out a more

10 Likes

Lookin good :+1::v:

6 Likes

this am decided to do a little trim around the base of the cocopod
first attempt to trim leafs used rubbing alcholol to swipe pruning shears…will see how she responds now.
still got another week to decide to extend late veg another week or not.

5 Likes

home for lunch and wire shelf came in.
Heres pic, it fits inside the grobo perfectly , i’m hoping cutting out every other small wires will leave a 5x5 grid thats large enough for use.
Heres link to item on amazon…not sure if i’ll be able to repurpose the sides and back.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07K6VC617/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

6 Likes

I would cut all the lower fan leaves off at this point, at least all the speckled ones.

4 Likes

k, I was wondering how much to trim and figured I’d start modest and see how she responds.
I’ll try and give her a bit more of a shave in the morning :slight_smile:

4 Likes

marked leaves can go and probably similar on back end :call_me_hand:

8 Likes

I love when you do that!!! :100::sunglasses::+1:

4 Likes

thanx for the marked image that helps alot :metal:

7 Likes

When I mark leaves?? :joy: thanks I try my best :+1:

4 Likes

trimmed off 4 of the lower large fan leafs still a few lower ones left to trim up.
cut out extra wires from shelf to make larger holes…I still need to file down the edges of the cuts to remove sharp edge…do you guys use plastic spray can to seal or is that not really needed?(mostly worried about corrosion of the wires)
gonna have to read more today on proper use of a scrog screen couple things aren’t super clear to me yet.

4 Likes

Ive never used the spray but it can’t hurt to prolong, I think most use it to keep the wires from scratching the grobo.
You did a great job with your scrog! :medal_sports: I think you could have also used it without cutting bigger holes.

3 Likes

thanks thats a great article royal queen seeds has a good one too.
https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/blog-growing-cannabis-with-the-scrog-screen-of-green-method-n53

3 Likes

applied 2 coats of clear rubber seal spray and let it cure overnight on rack.
did another lite trim to the undergrowth, i replaced the hooks and wires with the scrog self. 3 of the taller branches in the back right are being pushed down and bent clockwise atm I think just tucking for now to see if this lets the other branches that are abit lower around the perimeter now get more light and time to develop higher.
keeping shelf to the right leaves enough room for the drain and fill hose to go in and out without shifting it.
also did a midweek fill just seems to be what people recommend

3 Likes

so its day 41 overall day 17/21 of late veg.
Im noticing the spots seem to be spreading to the newer growth leafs as well so I’m not sure what could be causing that, as well some tips of leafs seem to be browning slightly…
otherwise I’m still trimming undergrowth a little at a time and tucking taller branches clockwise trying to give other lower branches time to develop.
Would anyone suggest adding a second week to the late veg cycle at this point?
Overall height is about top of first fan, if i untuck the bend branches there’s a couple that would almost reach the bottom of the second.

4 Likes

I would extend late veg until it reaches the second fan. A week or two.

5 Likes

I second this. Pending the strain you are currently growing, I typically like to get the plant between 12” - 15” before flipping to flower. Again, each plant will have a different stretch, but definitely get the plant as close to the second fan before going flipping to flower. Plant is looking great so far :+1:t3: looking forward to seeing your harvest!

4 Likes

k thanks for the feed back, I’ll add another week and see how things progress :slight_smile:
it is a pure indica blueberry from canuck seeds
ironically my FIMM seems to have lead to a single central branch regrowing plus the two from the initial cutting so it looks like 3 somehow LOL.

2 Likes