Blueberry cookies (2nd grow)

I found something on Google that said leaves curling up might be trying to retain moisture… maybe that’s related to the top offs?

2 Likes

I’ve been topping off usually every morning or every other morning and it’s usually pretty consistent amount being taken up. Keeping humidity at 45-48% pretty consistently too.

For the most part it seems like it’s limited to the tips, I’m not seeing a whole lot of anything further in on the leaves but this is a problem that just started in the past couple days so I’m trying to tackle it before it becomes a bigger issue

4 Likes

What’s the humidity been like out of curiosity? Any chance it has been very low in the past few days? Just spitballin.

DERP* i see now

4 Likes

Only other immediate thought is the water source – did you buy a different brand of distilled water or anything like that? In the past I’ve mistakenly purchased “spring water” instead of “distilled water” for example. Using varying water sources like that seemed to cause wild/mixed/random results (and was getting expensive/wasteful) so I picked up a water distiller and make my own now (and that’s seemed to help keep the “water source” variable consistent). If you’re using tap or distilling your own water or using r/o water that’s probably not applicable here.

If it’s not the water itself another thing could just be a mis-dosing of nutrients for some reason. If you recently swapped an empty nutrient bottle for a full bottle perhaps it just needs another drain/fill to properly dispense. You could try doing another drain/fill to rule out something in the water (or not in the water) being the problem.

Edit: also, mark the nutrient bottles before that next drain/fill to get a good read on how much nutrients it is using. Perhaps the issue is it’s not dosing at all - is the drain/fill completing properly (you don’t have to unplug it to get the green light to go out do you?).

4 Likes

Been using the same distilled water since my first grow so I don’t think that’s the issue. I think maybe you’re right and I should do another drain and fill to see if that does the trick… how soon would I see a turnaround if that’s the issue?

3 Likes

As fast as you noticed it change it should change back, I’d say within 24-48 hours of water change, probably the next morning. If the leaves are “praying” that’s a good sign.

2 Likes

So my nutes 3,4 are almost done anyway so changed them out. But question is could the nutes be a problem? Do they go bad? The last bit of 4 is cloudy and not clear and 3 has turned to a brownish red color similar to bottle 5 rather than the green. Here’s a pic though it doesn’t do it justice based on what I can see in person

2 Likes

@catnamedkringle,

• (#ShakeBottles): {Search :mag:}:

• (I Agree With @SWSVIC On Shaking Nutrience Before Your [Drain/Fills] -Because- I Also Noticed Nutrience Sediments At The Bottom Of The Bottles): (-Causing- Miss Colorations At The End Of The Run): (Grobo Has Also Changed Their Chemical [“SecretSauce”] Compound In Their Nutrience Over Time):

• (#NutrienceShelfLife):

- - -

@catnamedkringle,

• (The [#3, 4, 5] Should Drain Equally): (I Would Just Even Them Out Manually):

- - -

@catnamedkringle,

• (I Totally Know Where You Are Comming From): (All I Have Is Keep Both Sensors Cleaned Before Your [Drain/Fill]): (Keep [Topping-Up] Three Days After Fill -Or- As Needed): (Make Sure Your Nutes Dispenses Properly): (Shake Nutes Before [Drain/Fill]):

- - -

@catnamedkringle,

• ((#Harvesting)): (#Congratulations): :older_woman: :herb: :green_thumb:

--

:older_woman: :herb: :green_thumb:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

5 Likes

Did the new drain and fill about 12 hours ago now, no improvement yet. If anything may be a tad bit worse, but still just the tips. All bottles seem to have dispensed appropriately and I used new bottles 3,4. Hopefully all goes well

2 Likes

So a few days in now, it hasn’t gotten worse, hasn’t gotten better. Has just stayed the same. Buds are still fattening up slowly and I think the white pistols are still slowly making their change to orange. All is well?

@vegetato @Angiebaby @pyromancy

8 Likes

Hey! Doesn’t look too bad to me honestly! I don’t see any progression in the wrong direction, only a little bit of riper buds there :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! Laughing at how short this girl stayed. Maybe a little shorter than my actual dwarf strain a grew last. I think all the lollipopping and pruning stunted her a bit :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Looking awesome if you ask me! Everyone says patience is key and waiting for the flowers to fatten/ripen up is the worst test of your patience throughout the grow. Hang in there! :wink:

4 Likes

Another pic update:

6 Likes

Found quite a few amber trichs on the buds so put her into flush today.

Side note: I believe what I was seeing on those leaves before, and now, was a cal mag deficiency. Considering bottle#5 dispenses automatically to a preset amount how would one go about correcting a cal mag def on a grobo grow? Just add some in from an outside nutrient source in small amounts? Just looking for answers for the next grow. I’m starting a seed later today in the grobo start and don’t want to run into this problem again. I also had this problem but not as bad on my first grow

@pyromancy @vegetato @Angiebaby @SilverGrobo

4 Likes

I don’t know but your buds look great!! I’m excited for your upcoming harvest!

3 Likes

Looks great! The buds are nice and fat and the hairs all look orange to me.

2 Likes

They’re very frosty too! Definitely proud of this harvest. I just wish I had a fool-proof way of keeping deficiencies in check!

2 Likes

Dope! Flush that girl!

Looks great !

2 Likes

HARVEST!!! really proud of this strain. dense, frosty, smells soooo sweet like candy. time to dry! im going for 10-14 day dry so hung as a whole plant and high over the fans so keep it a slow dry

@vegetato @Angiebaby @pyromancy @SilverGrobo @

7 Likes