• (SorryToReadThisHappening): {:cry:}:

image FireGuy {ChampionToMe}:

image ToddYYC Champion {ForAReason}:

image pyromancy {KnowsTheScience}:

--

:clap:

--

:older_woman: :herb: :green_thumb:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

4 Likes

Congrats on the harvest! I’m going to have watch out for mold growing also.

7 Likes

@Todd.grobo @pyromancy @Fluffhead @Bplatinum9 @pha720 @Angiebaby @El_Lobo @Aang

Wanted to get some thoughts on my drying progress. I am currently in day 4.5 out of 5. Everything looks good in terms of mold. The pics are Day 1 right after I put them in, Day 3, Day 4 and Day 5 pic I took just now. According to Grobo I am about 5 hours away from the end. I looked and touched a few small buds that fell of during trimming and they feel sticky, dry, much lighter with a lot more brown hairs that have shiny crystals on them.

Here is a closer shot of a few medium size buds from today as well.

9 Likes

Looking pretty good!

If you were to pinch or sharply bend a stem branch does it break? If you were to pull a small nugget off a branch does it snap off cleanly or does it leave stringy bits of stalk behind? If stems snap and nugs pull off cleanly you are finished drying.

What has been the RH% during this drying process? I would add another fan or 2 to help improve airflow.

7 Likes

Looking good!!! Do you have Boveda packs and mason jars? If so you should be fine to cure in a couple hours just being sure to open your jars for 20-30 mins twice a day for the first two weeks and once a day after for another two, then just occasionally.

9 Likes

Perhaps cut down some of the stem. Leave about two inches between the end of the stem and Bud. This may help. Do you have a dark cooler room? For maybe 2-3 days with some fans. :+1:t3::clap:t4::green_heart:

2 Likes

Looks good.
On my grows i cut off all leaves and just leave the bud as i find its a lot smoother smoke. You can still grind sweet leaves and such for the pax for maximum benefit and enjoyment.
Great first grow.
Personally i think the drying function is relative to where you live. Some users will need 7 or 8 days and others less.

3 Likes

@miami5th @Todd.grobo @Bplatinum9 @Fluffhead Just checked. The branches snap with a sound but don’t come off or fully break. When I pulled a nug off it did leave a string of branch skin/bark.

Probably another day or two? I thought about fans and have seen some on this site but the question is how do I put them in there and deal with the power cords. Don’t you want the Grobo to be sealed or are these things run on batteries?

I do have a storage bin with temp/humidity gauge and some 62 RH packs for when it’s ready.

3 Likes

Sounds good! It may need some more time to dry. Most people use mini fans that have usb cords or thin power cords. You can run the cords in between the door cracks.

3 Likes

You can find fans like [This](Holmes Mini High Velocity Personal Fan, HNF0410A-BM https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004WT6Z54/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_RdxYFbABGM8N2) on Amazon for cheap. I fed the fan cord back through the Grobo and through the door on the back, plugged in to a power strip. Works perfect! Super light air but great for circulation in the Grobo area. I have 2 and am waiting to see if I need the other, but they’re super beneficial.

3 Likes

Looking good. It looks like it’ll be a great haul. Dry to the touch but not brittle was what I learned. If it’s brittle, it’s too dry. Also extra fans might not be a good idea because you don’t want it to dry too fast. I just finished with my grow.

I noticed that towards the door, there was more moisture so I did move mine around a bit. Again like the others said, humidity depends on where you live.

3 Likes

@Todd.grobo @pyromancy @Fluffhead @Bplatinum9 @pha720 @Angiebaby @El_Lobo @Aang @miami5th @OrionsCeiling

Well here we are. 2oz. It took another two days for it to get there due to humidity I guess. Will do quite a few things differently for my second grow. Will bug you all for advice. Things came out a bit less dense then expected probably due to me not being able to further extend the flower stage due to humidity and one nug with mold. Three things I know for sure:

1. Dont start the grow at 9 pm on a Saturday. Water changes are a pain at that time.
  2. Need to get some fans to help with humidity.
  3. Focus on the plant more then the default recipe schedule.

9 Likes

Congrats! Mine came out 1.75 ounce also not as dense. Hey, live and learn. At least we know what to do with the next one. :clap::+1::seedling:

4 Likes

Congrats! I just do an early water change if I know I’m going to be busy for the next few days. Would you do anything different with how you defoliate or train your plant?

3 Likes

I am with ya on #1 and have expressed this to @bjorn previously. Please add the clock as a sub function to control start time. His logic was youll always do it at that time, but i disagree. I found at the start i changed my schedule to meet the grobos but this is time consuming and not my preferred method now that i just do it on my own schedule

8 Likes

For sure. I think defoliating was less problematic for me, maybe take off a bit less fan leaves early on.

As far as training goes, I think I had too many branches off of the main truck of the plant and two of the main colas got close to the light with a week of flower stage left. Will lollipop a lot more in late veg to push the energy up to the top with less branches.

I will use magnetic hooks and will probably take off more branches early to create a thicker base and have more control over the way the branches go.

I really had zero experience with what this plan can tolerate so I went easy the first time. Now I somewhat understand what I can get away with in training. Its just so different, with bonsai you can spend 3 years before touching a branch with these girls you have to check on them every day.

6 Likes

I have a reef tank and the only way I can keep up with top offs and water changes is by using an automated system. For Grobo top offs you can use the same process as for fish tanks. No need for a digital sensor. Its just a floating plastic ball at the top water level attached to a small valve. Connect that to a container with water that is above the Grobo and gravity takes care of the rest .

2 Likes

Congrats!! 2 oz isn’t anything to sneeze at, you worked hard for it, be proud!! It’s beauty-full!!!

6 Likes

i do reef as well, and the auto fill is the ONLY way to go. I do wish there was a way within the grobo for remote fills and drains. i thiink there would be a very small group though that would benefit from this so it isn’t a priority for Grobo, nor should it be.

4 Likes

I have quite a few small branches/bud sites. I will learn from my grow if I should have chopped them off and lollipop more also lol.

4 Likes