AK-47 (Hybrid/Feminized) Day 106 | First Grow

I am in day 4/10 of Flush. Never grew bud before so no idea if my baby is up to code. There are two large colas and a bunch of smaller bud sites. How am I doing? Any tips for the home stretch would be much appreciated.

20 Likes

Well god damn, I’d dsay you’re doing awesome! Those buds look super nice!!! Honestly it looks like you’re getting pretty close. Do you have a magnifier or a microscope to take a look at some trichomes?

8 Likes

I do, got it with the Grobo, but no freaking idea how to use the damn thing. I am confused about the hair stuff. About a month ago when the buds were smaller they had a lot of white hairs that turned brown. Since then I just see more white hairs and buds getting bigger. No brown.

6 Likes

@Bplatinum9 do you have the photo of when tricomes are ripe. I dont have saved to my phone. Maybe @miami5th has it.
Cut a small piece of bud off. Put it on your desk and look at it. Up close is a forest of tiny white mushroom tops where they start clear when young and as mature go milky white and then orange. Just like old people. Easy to remember.

8 Likes

If it counts you look like its close to your estimated date.

1 Like

@Todd.grobo Thanks. I’ll try that.

Yes let me locate it, just a sec!!

9 Likes

Thats a nice looking main cola. Good job @dasickle
If this is your first grow id be pretty proud

6 Likes

Buds look great but they weren’t ready for flush yet!

@Todd.grobo Thanks. I have been growing bonsais for 10 years so I kind of understand the grow cycle, nodes, light and etc. Trimming this girl vs a 30 year old collection level bonsai was pretty stressless. Learned a lot about the plant and how it grows at different stages. Looking forward to my next grow. Right now its between doing another one AK or try Zkittlez Autoflower but will have to figure out which recipe to use for the one.

6 Likes

If recipes not up always use generic indica. Generic sativa or hybrid. Dont worry about generic its good

2 Likes

@Bplatinum9 First grow so I am just following the app. Should I extend the grow by a week or just leave it as is at this point.

1 Like

Your already in flush so its not much you can do, leave for another week to see if it will ripen.
I would suggest when in flower stage be sure/ask before going to flush next try. Learn to use your microscope because its the deciding factor. Ask for help as much as you need it!
Awesome grow!

3 Likes

@Bplatinum9 Hate to bug you but I have some follow up questions if you dont mind.

1. What made you say that I went into flush too soon? Whats the determining factor?
  2. Due to going to flush early is it more of a concern for yield or potency or both?
  3. Will I still get something out of this grow. (Wanna know in case I need to go see my guy in a few weeks lol)
4 Likes
  1. according to your pictures the plant is still very green unless you think its the lighting.
  2. Going into flush early cuts the potency factors and can cause buds not to be at their peak fullness.
  3. Definitely will have something but I can’t speak for the level of potency. Try leaving in flush to see if it will ripen a bit more.
    I’m usually around for questions so dont hesitate to ask or message me if you need to.
5 Likes

@Bplatinum9 Thanks. Good to know. Hard to tell with these lights on. I took these while draining the Grobo last night so it was under white light. The leafs look like someone poured a pound of sugar powder on the thing. Some leafs look kind of dry with brown at the tips. It does look green but got so much fatter over the last 3 weeks and unless my nose is just too used to it smells a bit less.

2 Likes

Did you try using your flash in drain mode?
Really can’t tell how ripe without a microscope even if it snows!
Its possible it could have gotten even fatter with two more weeks in flower!
As the pIant nears its end it will start to use up the nutrients built up in the Ieaves and start to turn yellow and brown which is a good indication its ready. This is why your plant seems to signal that it needed more time to grow.

3 Likes

@Todd.grobo nope I have not. I just ordered a better WiFi microscope 50x to 1000x. I wear glasses so the one that came with Grobo is very hard to use. Let’s see how it shakes out when I get it on Wednesday. I’ll post some pics. Thanks for all of the help and quick responses.

1 Like

Try using a small clip to attach the grobo microscope to your phone and video that’s how I’ve been doing it :+1:t3::laughing::clap:t4::green_heart::seedling:

2 Likes

@Fluffhead thanks. I will give it a go. Just ordered this thing on Amazon too so let’s see what happens.

Wireless Digital Microscope, Skybasic 50X to 1000X WiFi Handheld Zoom Magnification Endoscope Camera

2 Likes