AK-47 (Hybrid/Feminized) Day 106 | First Grow

Nice. My salt water tank days are long over. Wish i could automate more but i do love control over the plant

3 Likes

@ToddYYC I am almost where you are with the reef tanks. Have a Red Sea Max-E 260. Been running as an amazing looking reef tank for 3 years and one damn power outage killed the temp prob at night and my heater fried the tank. By the time I woke up it killed 90% of coral and fish. One clown, sea urchin and some lspā€™s survived. After all the effort I am done with it. Automation to your point takes some of the control away. Trying to sell it but with rona and the size of itā€¦very hard to do.

2 Likes

I donā€™t know. I think a lot of people would like that. All you need is a one gallon container, some tubing and the water level valve. Hang it on a hook on the side of Grobo.

It would keep the water level consistent all the time. It might mess with the nutrients a bit since there is less evaporation. Best partā€¦itā€™s all mechanical so no issues with pumps failing and etc.

2 Likes

i was more meaning a drain/fill system. as in a constant water in line fed from a constant water source and a drain output. you can do what you are talking about, but there would be some line re-routing. iā€™m assuming they donā€™t have a drain/fill from a constant water source as they donā€™t recommend tap water to fill with. The auto top off from an outsiide reservoir wouldnā€™t be hard to accomplish.

2 Likes

@FireGuy Got it and agree. Even with fish tanks itā€™s a really scary thing too. If something fails and you are not there and have a spare of whatever broke you will have a mess on ur hands. Top off is still a pretty good idea. Can sell it as an add on lol.

1 Like

Anything automated is somewhat scary as any failure while away can be detrimental. Couldnā€™t imagine what would happen if the float switch failed and continued to put water in the resā€¦hence why i havenā€™t done it lol. would defiiniitely fry the lower side electroniics.

1 Like

@FireGuy so trueā€¦tho I would not mind cleaning a one gallon Grobo mess vs a direct line or a 10 gallon water storage container lol.

2 Likes

@Todd.grobo - Just to confirm, youā€™re talking about the notification times, right?

If so, we are planning a major notification overhaul and this is a feature weā€™re looking to implement :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@bjorn Speaking of featuresā€¦I reached out to support a while back to see if there is an API for sensor data so I could build me a dashboard. Apparently this is something you all are working on already. Any update on when this feature will get released?

1 Like

Timing should not be tied to creation time and adjustable
Drain fill days should be selectable
I have 3 units showing in my app because i replaced a motherboard so i grt notifocations every day and none are ever right to where my plant is, would really love to just turn it off if possible

Happy to hear about the incoming changes.

1 Like

Thanks @Todd.grobo!

@dasickle - Iā€™m not sure why you were told that, but we are not working on any APIs for sensor data. We have never planned on doing that so I apologize if you were under the impression that was coming.

1 Like

@bjorn I didnā€™t mean that you were working on api but that you were working on a sensor data dashboard . I do think that having a dashboard displaying the sensor data would really be helpful. Nutrients, light, temp, humidity. It will provide a ton of insight into the grow cycle.

The sensor inside the Grobo near the fans is the exact one I have wired to my Raspberry Pi to monitor my room. A few lines of Python code and I get data pinged to my dash every 30 seconds. I think quite a few people would enjoy that feature. Good engagement/retention feature if you ask me.

Sorry, Grobo isnā€™t gonna give us all that information that we are all asking for sadly

Thatā€™s all their secrets and isnā€™t worth the $2400 we spend for the unit to be shared with us.

2 Likes

@pyromancy @bjorn I get it. My intention was about adding value to the product. I donā€™t need the exact formula for whatever. Seriously, donā€™t care. Just want to see where things are with my plant. For Grobo, it would be a way to keep people more engaged with the process. Maybe itā€™s because I am a data nerd for a living. Plus, there must be a way to provide the data without revealing company secrets which I 100% understand. Business is business.

3 Likes

@dasickle - In our development pipeline we do plan on developing features that will help you know that your system is working well and alert you to any issues. The exact form that the user will see hasnā€™t been defined yet, but these features are still many months away from being launched.

The next app updates will include the Grobo Start and the ability to transfer plants between any of your Grobos. After that youā€™ll see a ton of new grow recipes coming out!

7 Likes

@bjorn

Nice. I actually ordered Grobo Start a few weeks ago. Looking forward to trying it out and the upcoming updates.

3 Likes