“9lb 🔨 auto” Hydroton in Grobo

Given the history of this one I would suggest to leave it in veg for a little while longer to give her a chance to finish healing, with the goal being to keep things somewhat constant and easy on her for another few days to a week.

When switching to next phase it might change nutrient dosage too, so my thought is it’d be good to be sure she’s really a-ok first before switching. When things have gone good for 6-7 days straight (no new issues, steady growth) then flip a day or two early or ride it out.

Looks good in general, though. A lot less sagging than just a few days ago!

7 Likes

Thank you for the input! She’s been rockin for the last day or two. Every day I check her she’s perky and growing. I’ve been opening the leaves every day to get the lower sites more light. I’m leaving for 5 days next Monday so I will switch her next Saturday on my normal water change schedule. Thanks again for the info, truly appreciate it!

1 Like

2 days has made a HUGE difference, she’s growing well. I’ll head into transition Friday or Saturday!

9 Likes

Keep this 9# :hammer: pounding bro!!! She’s turned the corner. Think you nailed her :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Just flipped to transition. I’m leaving for 5 days tomorrow so figured now was as good a time as any.

6 Likes

- - - [2020-10.20]:

Oct 23, '20 7:25 AM

@FireGuy,

• (WouldYouBeSoKindToShareUsYourPlaceYouFoundTheRightSize [HydroponicBasket]):? :question:

• (@fuz -And- I Bought Ones Too Big -And- Ones Too Small): :mouse: :elephant:

• (WeJustCan’tFindOnes [JustRight]): :peace:

• (#Measurements): (mm-[43]T[32]B[50]H): (cm-[4.3]T[3.2]B[5]H): (Inch-[1.6]T[1.2]B[2]H):

• [(1) mm to inches - Search (bing.com)]:

- - -

• (You’reTheBest): (Thank-You-So-Much): :innocent:

(Agarden 1.8" Hydroponics Mesh Net Cup Pots Basket): (ClickHere):

--

--

- - -

- - -

- - -

• (Lets Ask @Stephen if That Is Even Possible To Do): [@Stephen]:? :question:

• (#InComming): :rofl:

- - -

@FireGuy,

ClickForMore..1d~~

- - - [2021-07.29]:

@MrtJldrm,

~~~

- - - [2021-12.21]:

@Gmann,

.{Depending On Lid Remember}:

--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::groboone::green_thumb:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

4 Likes

Came back from 5 days of camping to a monster! I did a bit of tucking already which is why she looks all weird and saggy. So many bud sites showing…so excited!!!

1 Like

For anyone who wants net pots. Keep in mind they are short, but they work. It won’t give me a link so this is the exact item description. I found them on Amazon.

Agarden 1.8" Hydroponics Mesh Net Cup Pots Basket Garden Supplies Aquaponics System Black Pack of 50

7 Likes

She’s stretching well, quite a few bud sites. Any tips to get the most out of her? I know she had a few issues so I need all the help I can get.

10 Likes

I see some hairs! If it was my plant, I would remove a few fan leaves at the top that are covering any bud sites. Once that is done, look to the bottom of the canopy. If you have any fan leaves at the bottom that aren’t getting any light, I would remove those too. If you choose to do that, I would do it when you are performing a drain/fill so it gets fresh nutes with the trim.

5 Likes

Damn @FireGuy you’re right she really did take off! Looks good! I’m kinda with @Chad_Johnson since I defoliated my auto plant a bit a little at a time, but there’s a lot online saying to leave them alone, so that would have to be up to you! I probably removed 40+ leaves altogether from my plant and she still was doing okay as far as I know… before it was RIP time ><

6 Likes

I did a little defoliation, just wanted to get thoughts. I will have my next water change on Saturday so any advice is appreciated.

9 Likes

I always like to preface with “if it was my plant” bc there can be some differences in preference and opinion, but at the next water change, I would remove all leaves below the line. Then I would start training the two tallest colas. Pull them to a side with hooks or cables. Try to spread the canopy out as much as you possibly can. Then once you like where you have it, remove a couple more larger fan leaves at the top of the canopy that are covering lower bud sites if you have any.

11 Likes

Thanks Chad. I will be working on the colas as soon as sleepy time is done for the day.

4 Likes

Looking good @FireGuy … Looks like your flowers are progressing along nicely too :slight_smile:

I wish my auto started flowering like that when it was that height >< It just kept stretching forever and ever and had no progression in the flowers themselves

You should be good with some light training keeping things spread out! @Chad_Johnson speaks truth!

Anyway, good stuff!

3 Likes

So, I wasn’t gonna wait after hearing from support. I did my trimming, then added some revive. My drain/fill is Saturday so I’m not too worried. First grow getting this far…did I do ok? Any recommendations?

4 Likes

Looks like a pretty good trim job. The plant is looking a little sad but I’m guessing its the shock from the trim. Just keep an eye and make sure those droopy leaves bounce back

2 Likes

I would go ahead and do the drain/fill a day early since you just gave her a trim.

3 Likes

I checked on her this morning and she’s a happy camper. I think she was droopy because she had just woken up when I trimmed.

3 Likes

Looking good Tyler, great experiment. It sure is frustrating reading the same problems from every user though. Seems phase one is a tough road for all of us. :frowning:

Some notes:

Auto’s do not react well to LST in flower, and could negatively impact your yield. @Chad_Johnson has the right idea in managing those two rogue tops :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

In addition, because Auto’s don’t need light to initiate the flowering, defoliation (high stress) needs to be kept to a minimum as they cannot recover the same as Photoperiod plants.

If you absolutely need to remove fan leaves, try and align these trimmings with your water change.

6 Likes