“9lb 🔨 auto” Hydroton in Grobo

You can MacGruber it, and manually add bottle 5.

4 Likes

Any idea how much???

1 Like

Since you are in early veg, I’d say until the ppm is between 300-500.

I had to do the same many times with this grow. The grobo always fails to dispensse one of the bottles and I just do it manually for it. Good thing we mark our nute levels before changes. I found this happens more oftenly if we are using any additives or not distilled or RO water

3 Likes

Don’t have a ppm meter, but added 20ml of bottle 5. Probably under what the recipe wants since the first two doses seemed heavy.

3 Likes

Same or a little under the previous fill should be sufficient enough since you are on 2nd week of veg

This is the instructions I got when my other grobo broke down during early veg hope it helps.

This is for Day 8 Early Veg (Generic Hybrid)

Please fill your reservoir manually with water.
Please add 10 ml of Bottles 3, 4 and 5 to your reservoir.
Then, you’ll be good for another 7 days!
So the concentration rate is about 1ml / l of grow bloom and balance (cal mag)

6 Likes

I think you may went double of whats needed, you can dilute it by scooping a cup of solution water out and adding RO back into the reservoir, thats what I did to rebalance my ppm levels.

I had to manually dose my baby for 2 months its not that bad and personally feel I do a better job than the grobo lol

4 Likes

So after talking to support, apparently there was a buildup on my EC probe. Cleaned off the EC and PH probes, did a change and all bottles dispensed.

4 Likes

Taking note of this situation… Sorry it has happened to you like this, but glad you figured it out… she isn’t a goner yet I think once you get through these little hiccups she will take off running hard

4 Likes

I sure hope so, she’s super small at almost 30 days.

3 Likes

Small but alive and looking healthy now… I guess the only thing to wonder about is whether since it’s an autoflower if it will start flowering way too early or not… but I would assume you’re just gonna end up extending veg for another week or two either way?

4 Likes

Definitely will be extending again. @vegetato posted a timeline to follow for autos so that’s what I’m following. In any case, a small yield is better than no yield!

2 Likes

She seems to have recovered and is starting to grow again, thank goodness!!!

9 Likes

Yeah, I am using the same timeline you’re talking about! Riding out Transition till the end, he advised me to flip to transition after 6 day extension of veg since I had pistils forming :slight_smile:

Plant is looking like she’s workin her magic! Good stuff :slight_smile: Starting that super symmetry

4 Likes

@vegetato I’m following the timeline you posted for autos. Just curious if you would switch to transition with how short she is. I know she got stunted a bit with issues but just wanted your input as I just saw her first pistils. Any other champs out there, feel free to chime in as well.

3 Likes

How much longer do you have in veg? If it’s only a matter of a few days I’d ride it out. By the end of transition should be a lot more of those hairs.

2 Likes

I’m at day 21, already extended yesterday for second week and I extended a week so 21/28. That’s why I’m asking about switching to transition.

4 Likes

Can’t really argue with an auto, looks like it’s gonna stay short. Most you can hope for is probably for it to double in size, best case maybe triple but doubt it!

4 Likes

Should I just go to transition now with a drain and fill?

2 Likes

Given the history of this one I would suggest to leave it in veg for a little while longer to give her a chance to finish healing, with the goal being to keep things somewhat constant and easy on her for another few days to a week.

When switching to next phase it might change nutrient dosage too, so my thought is it’d be good to be sure she’s really a-ok first before switching. When things have gone good for 6-7 days straight (no new issues, steady growth) then flip a day or two early or ride it out.

Looks good in general, though. A lot less sagging than just a few days ago!

7 Likes