“9lb 🔨 auto” Hydroton in Grobo

For sure! Looks like it’s being kept to a minimum.:raised_hands:

3 Likes

Just curious as it’s an auto and in flower…would it be beneficial to adjust my schedule everyday so that it’s 24/0?

3 Likes

many growers do 24 hours of light for auto grows so it wouldn’t hurt.

2 Likes

Please do that, would love to watch!

4 Likes

Definitely going to have to stay on top of the light schedule changes, but I should be able to keep up with it. Now that it’s my winter, temps are less of an issue inside :grin:. I think I’ll keep adjusting the schedule until I see some sort of decline. Also think there’s another defoliation in my future on Saturday before water change. Here’s some updated pics. Any thoughts or advice appreciated!

7 Likes

Looking good :+1:

2 Likes

Good luck with the experiment. I’m definitely curious… autos still can take awhile to flower in the Grobo so it will be cool to see how fast it progresses from here. Be careful of heat stress though but other than that it should be okay. A lot of sources online say dark time is beneficial but it is widely disputed due to the type of plant cannabis is

5 Likes

Killed the lighting experiment today! Saw some spotting that didn’t exist before. Checked ph and did a health check on probe and all was good so there went that idea.

1 Like

Just a sidenote… Do you notice those fans dont push any air hardly at all when they are laid flat like that?

I feel like hardly any air comes out of mine when they lay flat like that since there’s little room underneath

3 Likes

They push less than when angled to allow more air from the intake. Fan 101 lol.

1 Like

Yeah but what I mean is they don’t push hardly any air at all, aka they aren’t doing anything o_O

1 Like

They push a bit set on high, but not as much when leaned against the wall to allow more air from the back of the fan.

What I want to try is using magnetic hooks and green plant ties, 2-3 of them horizontally, so I can place the fans flat on top and will give it more airflow upwards

2 Likes

Not a bad idea to hang from the top, maybe I’ll do that tonight once lights are on before my defoliation!

1 Like

This is kinda what I mean on what I want to possibly attempt next time, now that I’ll be able to lollipop my plant … front and top view, able to keep fans underneath but allow air flow

Obviously I really rushed this drawing and it’s kinda out of scale/placement but hope you get the idea. Could even place one fan in the front and one fan in the back by using 4-6 hooks and ties across around the main stalk underneath, 2-3 in front, 2-3 in back behind the plant

3 Likes

I tend to get those spots when my nutes are too high, like when jumping to a new growth cycle. I normally fix it by just adding an extra cup of RO water to the reservoir. They do not look like light or heat damage.

Pyro has a good point, try to boost your air flow a bit, lower co2 = lower nute / light / heat / humidity tolerance.

I would blow a good fan behind the grobo

3 Likes

Interesting!

This happened after two top offs with just RO. I’ll throw a fan behind Grobo though.

1 Like

Only reason I am showing the example is cuz I have the same exact fans and they don’t give any air flow sitting on their side like that, and the hooks I have its nearly impossible to angle them upwards… I don’t wanna have to buy new fans. I have 2 for the top of my Grobo, and 2 for underneath, but last grow the underneath ones were not pushing air upwards at all

1 Like

CO2 was my biggest aha moment as of recently with my grow.
After moving my grobo to several different locations, and then getting a CO2 sensor.
Reflecting back, the times where my plant barely grew was when my grobo was in locations of the home where there were very little air flow. Now that i have it in my tent with the door open and plenty of CO2 she’s blowing up!