Blue Dream ILGM first grow

Since my girl hasn’t reached the 2nd fan in the unit yet I will take your advice and extend the late veg for a week just to see another week of progress before re evaluating again :smiley:

6 Likes

Day 41. (17/21) Late Veg. Extended for 1 week to see how she grows… she seems to be doing great! Did some pruning this morning with a fresh water change! She’s growing a ton of little branch leaves now which I take is developing popcorn?? She’s still not to the second fan yet so I am not sure if I should extend again on let her go into transition phase. I hope everyone has a great day today! :grin:

4 Likes

Day 45. 21/21 late veg. Extended Late veg 1 week but still has not hit the second fan, she loved the pruning and looks like she wants more! should I be extending late veg again or let her roll into transition? Any advice would greatly help thanks!
@SWSVIC @SilverGrobo @Bplatinum9 @vegetato

3 Likes

What are your plans for her? I think she could definitely use a good bit of pruning. How many colas do you wish to have? Are you planning on doing any training? You might consider deciding and acting on these things and then extending a week to let her recover before heading into transition. Would like to hear what the others have to say. They are all for more experienced than I. (Technically you are also more experienced than I :joy:). She’s looking super healthy, great work so far!

4 Likes

Thanks, I do like to read others feedback and opinions on everything as well. I am going for yields so the most colas good for yield is what I’m learning about. I want to have some good personal for as long as possible for in between grows. And ultimately just a hobby to achieve great yields from all sorts of strains! :grinning:
I am planing to try a scrog soon, but I’m just trying to make the best personal at home so it’s so simple!

3 Likes

Looking at your plant it looks very healthy keep up the good work!
My personal opinion would be to add more time in late veg until its at least under the second fan if not the top of second fan.
That is of course if your growing indica and some hybrids, if your growing sativa then I would suggest you move to transition.

5 Likes

I would take everything from the bottom right off now. Start lollipopping so that it doesn’t grow and end up being a waste of growth

2 Likes

She recovers fast! Will I have any issue if I remove all the bottom and all the fan leaves at the same time? or should I only remove the bottom and leave the fan leaves unless blocking light? I apreciarte your advice!

2 Likes

I extended her for another week and I think that she can reach the second fan by then, but I’ll be watching :+1: she’s also been very thirsty lately I filled her up a good bit after the pruning last week!

3 Likes

It is recommended not to take more than 20% of plant materials per trim session.

3 Likes

Mine has been drinking like a fish as well, taking in about a gallon from topping off twice between drain/fills.

2 Likes

I think she took about a gal per mid week fill last time or close to it. I’m looking into getting a water distiller for the house soon

2 Likes

I only top off once per week, in the middle of that week.
Make sure you repost next week and pin me so I can watch with you! :eyes::seedling:

3 Likes

Once a week didn’t seem to cut it for this plant. I noticed her getting a bit “droopy” in between top off and drain/fill. Since switching to twice a week for the past two weeks there’s been zero “droop”. I’m wondering how much I might be losing to evaporation as my water is kept at 66-67 degrees F and my ambient temperature in the box is 73-75 degrees F. The RH is not elevated from the rest of the house (in fact it’s actually lower) which one would think would be an indication of water evaporation. Just shocking to me that a relatively young plant could process so much fluid.

2 Likes

I went ahead and ordered one, looking forward to its arrival. Lugging multiple gallons from the store every week is getting old fast haha.

3 Likes

Here’s the start of the bottom trimming
Update @Russel_Richardson

9 Likes

Looks good!

3 Likes

Thank you, I am letting her recover since trimming but once she’s ready to take another 20% I will lollipop some more

2 Likes

@Russel_Richardson I plan to do trimming on water change days right before the water change
@Bplatinum9 I took a peak tonight and I’m starting to see little white pistols I think!

2 Likes

Are you runnjng an auto?

3 Likes