Blue Dream ILGM first grow

Day 21. (11/14 early veg) They grow up so fast :sob:
Looks like I’m coming up on 5 nodes or could be 4. 4 if you don’t could the first leaves. She looks healthy to me! If anyone has any advice on topping her and when I should be doing that it would greatly help! Cheers!

2 Likes

Top on the fifth node…

image image image

3 Likes

Thank you!
I will top her very soon

2 Likes

Hey Growers! A few quick snaps of my first Grobo topping tonight! Cheers :grin:

6 Likes

Day 24. (14/14 Early Veg) I left her alone since topping, lots of good growth in the past few days! I think she liked the haircut! :hugs:

5 Likes

Day 29 (5/14 Late Veg) Water change time, took off the first little yellow leaves at the bottom today and one small fan that was blocking some light, love the growth spurt over the last couple days! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Hey All, I hope everyone is doing well today, I have not been getting any water top off notifications during the week it just went water change to water change. Is that normal or should I just be doing it at a specific time? Any feed back would be greatly appreciate thanks!

2 Likes

Hey @Letsgrowmore

Set your own schedule for top offs. I set an ongoing “top-off” reminder on my phone for 3 days after my weekly water change reminder from the very start of my grow.

I do plan on changing that this week to two top offs per week as my girl is DRINKING, will do one 2 days after drain/fill and another 2 days after that, then give her the remaining 3 days to drink up before my water change on the 7th day.

3 Likes

I keep my top off simple, once in the middle of the week.
Or middle of the seven days for those who start there grow mid week.

3 Likes

Thanks so much, I think today is a good time to top off in that case since it’s been 3 days now. I’ve been going through bottle no. 5 a lot as well, …is that normal? Otherwise she looks healthy! I want to trim lol but she’s not that tall thankfully so I’m not sure if I need to or not I want to expose as many sites as I can that will benefit as she matures :smile:

4 Likes

You can trim up the bottom for sure, no more than 20% of the plant.
Bottle #5 is always used the most.
Proper ph-ing your RO or Distilled water eIfore it enters the reservoir helps use less nutrients.
Your nutrient intake could be lower considering your plant is still very small.
Watch the type of water your using. Make sure there is no buildup on your probes.
But don’t panic because some plants eat more and your nutrient levels do match up across the board just a little more than usual and that may be due to water choice.

2 Likes

I have been using distilled water pkgd in gal bottles from the grocery store it seems to be working good but I think I will be looking into a water chiller in the future it’s pretty hot in the south and my water temp sits right around 73 most times although I am using about 2 caps of hydro per drain and fill

1 Like

I use 3 teas of hydroguard per drain and fill.
I like to mix my RO water with distilled water.
Water chillers will void out your warranty if you have purchased one.
I have high temps in Michigan in the summer months, I use my air conditioner to keep the room cool.
I have two small fans inside my Grobo and one that sits on top facing the back.
You can also change your light schedule to run lights at night when temps arent as high.
Ceiling fans help and ice in a Temporary emergency.

3 Likes

Definitely a good time to fill her up, let me know how much it takes, I’m curios, I’m a little bit behind you grow time wise and my last top off took over a half gallon.

As far as bottle #5 I was going to ask the same question on my plant’s thread as my bottle 5 is also being used a little faster than the others as well. I was using RO in the beginning of my grow but switched to distilled at my last drain fill on the recommendation of @chris_barfield. Do you have back up nutrients on hand for down the road (just in case)?

@Bplatinum9 what advantage do you find with mixing your RO with distilled? I would love to do this also as I have an RO filter and can produce as much as I want. I’ve ordered a distiller as well but it is backordered co I am currently using bottled distilled water.

See Chris’s recommendation here, makes perfect sense (dude is a master grower):

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/low-quality-h2o/6048/5?u=swsvic

3 Likes

The only thing that makes tap water bad is chlorine and chloramine … RO isn’t bad but if you don’t buffer the RO water it will leach nutrients from the plant …

3 Likes

Got you, does distilled have that buffer in place straight out the bottle?

I find that I use less nutrients when I mix Ro & distilled, try it out for a week and see what you get, let me know how it goes!

1 Like

I’m going to do 3 teas of hydro per drain and fill from now on thanks! I did some slight trimming just now and will not be purchasing any Water chiller since I don’t want to affect the warrant thanks besides the plant seems fine I suppose no need to fix anything if it’s not broken

3 Likes

I did a mid week top off just now, and it hardly took in any water it pumped for like 30 or 45 seconds only seems to be pretty full still.

1 Like

Bottles 3-5 are dispensed according to the recipe and now that you’re in late veg it’s going to get higher doses is all. The only thing the machine regulates after that is the pH 1-2 which it checks every hour👍

2 Likes