1st Grow - Auto Purple Kush

Day 29. She seems to be doing well. Adding Hydroguard, and Recharge weekly now when I change water. Anyone have suggestions as to when I should add scrog net, and start trimming lower leaves?

5 Likes

I would for sure top now if you haven’t already. You can add scrogg now and find out why your lower leaves are drooping.

2 Likes

Day 36.

7 Likes

Added the scrogg nets. Does this seem correct? This is an auto, so I have not been trimming.

Figured I would try scrogg net, I have never done before.

2 Likes

Honestly wouldn’t use a scrog in grobo just the magnetic hooks and plant ties or grobo drying racks. The units enclosed so there’s no chance of buds falling from bud weight and training can still be done successfully with only ties. Each to their own, happy growing :call_me_hand:

7 Likes

Truth!

3 Likes

I use my scrogg in the grobo to separate branches so they never stack on top of each other and I can utilize open spots for light. If your going to use a scrogg in the grobo you will need more squares netted. But like the pros said you really don’t need to scrogg in a grobo but as a beginner it could be helpful to experience its functions.

2 Likes

Yeah. Thanks all. I’ve come to the conclusion, it’s useless haha. I will probably keep it for this grow, just to experiment. Thank you for feedback!

3 Likes

Day 46. She seems healthy still. No issues

8 Likes

Root pic.

The coloring is due to Recharge + Hydroguard

6 Likes

Great roots and color. You will want to lollipop soon as all that undergrowth is taking a lot if energy. Cut all and leave good branches with the best cola sites

1 Like

@Osage - I thought I should not lolipop on Auto’s? Worried this would stress her too much. She is growing crazy fast.

1 Like

Oops missed that part, but you can. It’s just not advised. I know growers who do autos the same way as photoperiod :+1::v::joy:. If this is your first, just let her do her thing and you can adjust next grow :+1::v:

3 Likes

Yeah. That was kind of my plan with this first grow. All the other seeds I got are not Autos. So next grow, I plan on employing training methods

I figured this 1st grow, just see how it goes, since I don’t have tons of experience.

4 Likes

I still pruned/lollipoped my auto and it helped her focus on colas and n later flowers :+1:

5 Likes

Leave about a foot of canopy and you’ll be good to go- Only keep what is getting light. Bend top leaves out of the way that are blocking your colas tops from light :+1:

5 Likes

And I like the fact that you are confident in saying you are a new grower! This will undoubtedly help you learn quicker and become a better grower! Keep on keeping on :+1::v:

4 Likes

Day 51. I have done a little trimming underneath, given she is Auto, I did not take much. I will trim
some more today She is growing like crazy still. I’m worried getting to close to lights. Any suggestions, on making sure she does not get too close to lights?

I did not think Purple Kush, I would have height issues, supposed to be on shorter side I thought.

Otherwise, this has been a good first grow!!

5 Likes

@shadowcipher89,

((#TooTall)): :giraffe:

https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=hitting%20the%20light--

((#PinchTwistBendRepeat)):

--
:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

I lollipopped my last grow, a GSC auto, and I wish I wouldn’t have, but lesson learned. She grew crazy fast! I probably trimmed too much, and the buds turned out fluffy, and not dense.

4 Likes