Grow number (2) LA OG

Hey grower,
Have you had trouble germinating on your first grow or is this just an exoeriment? :eyes::seedling:

2 Likes

My FIRST grow? Hahaha. Yeah. I had troubles with that one. My coco pod was too low and stayed too wet. While adjusting the pod, I broke the root.

My second grow was a success and had no issues other than trying to deal with RH and temps during the winter.

The cover is basically an experiment for now, I suppose. May have to prop it up a 1/4” or so to get some positive air flow, but for now it’s working a treat to assist with the germ phase. It’ll get plenty humid here in the upcoming weeks and months, so I reckon I’ll have to start planning for excess RH and higher H2O temps. Don’t want to invest in the chiller to control water temps (and am kicking myself for selling off my wort chiller a few years ago). Guess we’ll see what happens this spring/summer with that. Still collecting my local environment data for the full year so I can prepare the annual schedules and control measures.

5 Likes

Youd be surprised at how a grow can get through those fluctuations with just a little hydroguard! :eyes::seedling:

4 Likes

Oh. Ayuh.

That’s in there too. Hahaha

3 Likes

You can start out by using cold water when doing drain and fill.
You can make sure to move your grobo away from wall so heat doesnt bounce back from walls.
You can use inside fans pointing downward into reservoir.
You can add a dehumidifier on top of grobo facing the back of your grobo.
You can use a ceiling fan, or room air conditioner in the hot months.
Or you can buy a water chiller if you prefer.
I simply use hydroguard and my air condioner in the summer! :eyes::seedling:

4 Likes

Kinda like the real L.A., it’s started off great and just got a little….odd

Any ideas from the good folks on here?

I’m thinking this might be some serious genetic defect. Roots look great. Nice, white, long.

RO water temp at 72*, Temp and RH on point.

1 Like

- - - [2021-09.15]:

May 27, 6:52 AM

@Bearbode1,

{Can’t Be This}:

- - - [2021-06.08]:

@Bearbode1,

• (#AmazingSave): {:green_thumb:}: (#AsBplatinum9WouldSay):

Bplatinum9..1s~~ {:wink:}:

- - - [2021-08.19]:

@Bearbode1,

• (Move The One Out Of The Way Of That Hot Light [:bulb:]):

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

3 Likes

All good questions!!

The cover was there for the first 4 days of germ, ventilated as well.

The funk started after that. Lol. She’s growing, just looking a little non standard right now.

Will let it ride and see what happens.

Pod is already up as high as it will go without falling over. It was a little more damp than I’d like, but not soaked.

1 Like

I’m thinking perhaps I may be getting a light leak to the tank. When I installed the new LED strips, I ran the cord up through the back of the unit and have it squeezed behind the top cover . The cord is a little thick and just happens to run along the side of the plant that looks “funky”. Ran some duct tape along the seams to help with any light leaks to the reservoir.

Will see how she does in a week. Some new growth (mostly centered) is looking decent though

:crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Success!!!

She’s taking off now!

3 Likes

This has been a very interesting grow.

This plant is a touch freaky. Hahaha

Added a CO2 bottle a few days ago, and she seems to really enjoy it. Having to remove huge fan leaves every couple of days.

Outdoor grows are doing VERY well. They were pulled from 2 and 5 gal pots and placed to Mother Earth. All very happy. The outdoor are starting to pre-flower, and it doesn’t look as though they’ll go back into veg. They started life in coco, so watering/feeding every day is almost necessary. :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Started with the big bud boosters today. 2ml per liter. Noticed the LST a few weeks back grew into a split that healed itself. Almost all the colas are nearly even with each other. The ones up front are a bit short likely due to the majority of light being focused to the back of the box. Think I might move the additional LED forward a bit to compensate. Otherwise she’s looking good!

Outdoor plants are thriving nicely. They’ve started to go into pre-flower. Those are getting fish shot and banana/egg shell teas every other day.

Going to be a good fall harvest!!

2 Likes

Day 5 in flower. The stretch is on!

Outdoor Sunset Sherb has also started her stretch. I’m going to need scaffolding to harvest this girl. Hahaha

4 Likes

She’s coming along. Love the glass door

3 Likes

They’re getting fat quick!! Will have to lay off the “extra” nutes for a week or so. I believe the main cola is getting too close to the light, combined with some additional Big Bud. She’s getting a little toasty.

3 Likes

The curse of living with dogs—apparently on our vacation a single dog hair got into the unit and attached to my largest cola. In 2 weeks it caused a little bit of mold to form. Bud was trimmed from the group, cleaned up and is now drying separately to see where it goes. My guess is it’ll be fine.

Rest of plant goes to flush tomorrow. Shooting for 100g this harvest (last was 42g)

The sweet, diesel aroma is strong with this one. Very strong. So excited.

3 Likes

Smoke report:

After intense microsurgery to remove affected spot in the flower, she dried for roughly 10 days. Needs to cure yet….but Wow!

Subtle diesel…strong roasted coffee bean aroma. Taste was very earthy with a hint of sweet. Definitely a sleeper. 11-12 min to feel the effects, but they hit hard and last long. Super tingly sensations through the body with a mild calming affect. This lasted through the intense munchies created.

Another small hit off the bowl post munchies provided me about 15 minutes of useful consciousness. Hahaha. Head hit the pillow at 1030pm and I didn’t move until 630 the next morning.

This flower is only going to get better.

3 Likes

Success!!!

Harvest complete. A very small bit of wet trimming (I know I know), but I’m curious to see what the final weight is.

Some Grobo mods as well!!
Drilled small hole near top and back to install the CO2 line. Very clean install, and my door actually CLOSES now! Haha

Happy with the second successful grow! Got some more LA OG seed (we need a recipe!) and picked up some Jelly Rancher seed as well! 50/50 on which goes first.

I seriously need a larger set up!

5 Likes

Final weight: 2.02oz. Not too shabby for a little plant! Saved all the trimmings and going to add that to my outdoor GG4 and Licorice Haze. Those are coming down this week.

It’ll be time to make some buttah!

3 Likes

That is great! I heard even 2 ounces many don’t get and you did so that is nice. Mine is coming along, still have a few weeks and would love to get 2 ounces. :grinning: FWIW, 2 ounces from a dispensary here is $800 roughly, no joke and I am OK if I can save that a few times a year. My Grobo pays for itself in less than a year almost.

3 Likes