Plant in trouble

I think it will help you will lose a bit of light but it’s better than the unit over heating… I’m not sure at what temp but at some point grobo will turn the light off to protect the unit

1 Like

Yeah that’s a good point. I’ve now opened the door slightly with a fan blowing in. What’s the worse that can happy.

1 Like

Maybe a little smell in the house besides that nothing that I know of

2 Likes

Sorry to hear this
We just went through a heat dome in my city for a couple weeks but with 5 days of pure carnage heat. So my units even ran i have the wood lids off to let off extra heat.
Unfortunately my plant suffered and the result was ruining a plant a couple weeks in flower. Without moving my unit i have no permanent fix. Can you get a water chiller in the UK?

2 Likes

I have had similar problem here.
When the inside temperature reach 31 Celsius (88F), light goes out until temperature gets lower
Or a temperature slightly over, 31 being the highest I have seen
My plant seem to survive it very well.
I had to open the door and add a fan to blow the air out, just like Mpower11 suggested.
I can confirm it definitely works

2 Likes

@Brianferry,

• (#TeamHasGotYouCovered): {:green_thumb:}:

• (:repeat: :infinity:): (#Dajavoo_Dajavu):

• [Grobo Troubleshooting: Overheat - YouTube]: {:video_camera:}:

• (You Could Take The Filter Out Of The Top Of The Unit, To Help Air Flow): (Face A Fan Down At The Tank To Cool The Water): (Make Sure You Have Plenty Of Space Between The Wall & The Unit): (Use An [AC] To Cool The Room Where The Unit Is): ([HydrogenPeroxide] To Replace [Hydroguard] If You Can Get It):

• (Give Her A :lollipop: To Help Air Flow Below):

• (Lift Your Pod To Help Dry Out Your [UnderCarage], To Promote Healthier Plant):

• (Add Extra [AirStone&Bubbler] To Promote More Root Breathing):

- - - [2021-07.27]:

@Brianferry,

• (:repeat::infinity: Trust Me, Lift Your Pod Even To The Bottom Of The Cone Shape In The Lid):

• [Damping Off Victories]: (DampingOff): {Success}:

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

2 Likes

Thank you all for the advice. I’ve kept the door open and only closing it when the plants sleeping. Looks a lot better today and hopefully the temperature is going to drop tomorrow. Fingers crossed it will pull through.

1 Like

So I think the worse of the heatwave is over, now looking at trying to save what’s left. Any advise on best way to get my grow back on track. I’ve been adding ice packs in the reservoir twice a day to reduce the temperature which has been disturbing the roots and I’ve also been adding 2 caps of liquid oxygen. Not sure if that’s the beginning of root rot and if so how the reverse it, or is it time to bin it off and start again?

2 Likes

I think she is showing signs of improvement Brian. Kudos to you for trying! She could use a haircut soon, but I think everyone will agree we want to see shes recovering before we stress her out. Maybe take off a few of the bigger fan leaves and let’s see how she recovers over a day or two?

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice. Water change tomorrow, bit of a trim and let’s hope for the best.

2 Likes

Can you post a pic of your bottles? Are they new this grow or leftover from your last? Also a pic of where the stem meets the pod, as close as possible. I don’t think you should terminate yet, just get that info and we can go from there.

3 Likes

Just a bit of an update. I changed the water and gave it a bit of a trim but it hasn’t
grown and a lot of the leaves are starting to change colour. Should I leave it for the week and see if it improves or just call it a day?

1 Like

Bottle 1 and 2 are from the previous grow, bottle 3 replaced last week, bottle 4 previous and bottle 5 changed 3 weeks ago. The last lines on the bottles are from the last water change.

3 Likes

Stalk looks good, nutrient bottles look normal usage. 1&2 look mostly used…have you noticed a large usage of either recently or calibrated your PH probe lately? Also, no picture necessary but if you pop open the lid and smell the reservoir…does it smell like fresh carrots or kinda gross?

Edit: sorry if these are repeat questions…I didn’t read through the full post :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

No smell coming from the reservoir, I had a lot of issues with heat in the unit and the water temperature. There’s a picture of the roots in the post.

1 Like

No smell is good. I saw the pics from 3 days ago but also saw the pics posted today and water temp was 23C+ which is a bit warm, just making sure no root rot. Looks like a calcium deficiency but i’m no pro. Just out of curiosity…do you have cal/mag on hand? If not, no worries.

@Mpower11 @Vicc …does cal/mag deficiency sound/look right?

3 Likes

It could be but right now I’m thinking more ph fluctuations. I would do a health check on your ph probe. When is the last time you check it?

3 Likes

I did a health check and recalibrated it when I finished my last grow. I had the probe in storage solution for around a month before I started this grow.

2 Likes

Did it pass health check or need to be calibrated?

3 Likes

Yeah passed both. I’ve put a ticket in to find out if they can advise on what’s wrong.

3 Likes