100% Organic Balcony Grow (First Time)

She’s lookin pretty!

2 Likes

A little gentle Plant Bondage !!
Nice :+1:t5:

5 Likes

Day 78: another few inches of stretch and a full defoliation for flower. Starting with the 4th node from the top, I removed everything except fan leaves on both plants. Even keeping my total defoliation to 15-20%, it’s still shocking to see the huge pile when you’re finished.

All in all, each plant has about 20-22 mains, 6-8 on each being really strong. This was a very cool technique for my limited light and space.

Feeding is now:

3L water every other day w EM-1 (StepWell)
3L water every other day w Boogie Brix
3L every 7 days w/ 5tbs top dressing, Natures Pride Bloom
Every 5 days Foliar Spray Boogie Brix

11 Likes

Day 83:

Alternating days of Boogie Brix and EM-1 (watered in) and moving Foliar feeding to evening only.

Neat to see both plants growth patterns and distinct genetic differences. In all, two plants have a 7x4ft canopy and a height of 18” above the scrog.

The linear length of the branches that extend to the edges is horizontal growth (24”) plus vertical (18”). My goal was to keep them low and wide for my limited sunlight exposure!!

I assumed a menorah like shape; first photo I think accomplished that :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Day 89:

LIGHT LEAK. It’s real, and I didn’t plan for this.

These ladies are goddamn monsters. ChemDog shot up 1.5” average across all 16 Tops. The problem is ambient lighting from buildings, streets and neighboring balconies.

I built a frame on my existing Scrog. It’s not the prettiest, and I will probably refine it over the next few days.

IT DID WORK! - that’s what matters. Haha.

9 Likes

Day 92:

ChemDog fully in bloom, White Widow is very slow. Keeping them wrapped at night has greatly improved their chances of flower.

6 Likes

9 Likes

Cannot wait for these to flood with buds!

4 Likes

It’s so beautiful, I want to cry :sob::

3 Likes

@drewcmpbll From looking at the pics you can definitely tell which direction the sun shines from most of the day, love the leaf tilt towards the sun!

3 Likes

:grin: Good eye! In fact, because of this, I rotated the plants 180degree every 7 days for a balanced shape.

Because I’m covering them in their “enclosure” at night, it’s not possible to rotate anymore. I’m doing a lot of rope ties: (attached) To help with this.

White Widow finally flowered last night!

4 Likes

Seems like they are all happy and getting plenty of sun! :seedling::sun_with_face:

2 Likes

Day 95: Completely stripped them back; debated on when to do it and, and how much—said let’s go for it !

6 Likes

@drewcmpbll nice! Where do you live? That part of the city looks clean!

2 Likes

@VermontGrobo Thanks! Toronto, ON. (Balcony faces due-west).

Re: Clean - Very lucky to be far from new construction, which leaves a thin layer of dust in other parts of the city!

4 Likes

Should be a amazing sight!

Day 96:

Anyone that does suffer from ambient light leak, adding the frame/tent for the evenings has been a key component in pushing these into flower. Nights of overcast create a reflection of light back to the city and essentially kept them both in vegetation.

7 Likes

You’re balcony pics inspired me take a very long trip down that ever present “rabbit hole” named YouTube lol. I’m watching vids on Permaculture gardens and researching dual citizenship and what not. Lol :rofl:

5 Likes

Awesome :sunglasses:

2 Likes

good to know. I have a night light post literally above the garden bed. I thought it would be bad for the grows so tossed em in an indoor tent outside at night. Worked well other than lugging them back and forth lol
Looks amazing Drew

2 Likes