100% Organic Balcony Grow (First Time)

I was gifted some clones! Topping and training has been fun because of the asymmetrical nodes. Still no idea what I’m doing, but it’s been great! Moving from the 5 gallon to 15 gallon on Sunday :slight_smile:

• I did not grow these clones in the Grobo. Only for photo to demonstrate size difference.*

Black Gold Soil
Worm Castings Organic Soil
Gaia 4-4-4
Fish and Seaweed Fertilizer
EM1 Microbes
Natures Pride Veg Top Dressing
Natures Pride Bloom Top Dressing (for flower)

The goal is to train them into a menorah like shape to maximize my tiny balcony space and light. I’ve made a few little mistakes along the way, but having a blast!

Planted / Received: June 4
Strain: White Widow & Chum Dog

23 Likes

Wanted to do the extra plants :seedling: in the Grobo starting from seed in cup…that’s the first I’ve seen and looks like it works…nice training also…practice makes you more comfortable with these :seedling:

6 Likes

Looks very cool!

3 Likes

Love the training. Awesome work!

3 Likes

do not know if that is possible, I just placed in Grobo to show size difference.

Edit: also the risk of bringing spider mites was a concern, and I was correct.

3 Likes

Day 37

Morning after LST:

10 Likes

Will these plants be on your balcony the entire grow?

2 Likes

Day 38

Hi @Aang yes, that is the plan! :slight_smile: but will move to larger pots (15 gallon) on Sunday :slight_smile:

Update: Spider Mites are back… treated both plants this evening.

Re-tied LST. Looks sad after spraying the the leaves (last photo) :frowning:

9 Likes

Growing on a balcony sounds amazing! I love it lol.

4 Likes

Day 42: Transplanted to their final home: 15 gallon pots with new flux system.

12 Likes

Bad ass :call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Day 43:

StepWell Soil EM-1 Foliar Spray andtop dressing from Natures Pride.

They both really woke up, no problems with the transplant :fist_left:

10 Likes

Day 44:

• 2L Fish and Seaweed Water
• 1L Water
• Trimmed 2% of fan leaves

Both canopies are wide and flat (so far). Time to rise and stretch! :seedling::pray:

8 Likes

Beautiful!

3 Likes

Fish and seaweed water? What benefits does that have on your plants?

2 Likes

Sounds like a hybrid soil/aquaponics situation :thinking:

2 Likes

@Hellyesshedid @Farmercuetical

Good question :slight_smile: This is not a hybrid grow, this is 100% organic soil mixed with Gaia, Natures Pride and Worm Castings. In short, Fish & Seaweed is fertilizer for your plant: aka Superfood! This, in combination with a Top Dressing, EM-1 Foliar spray & regular watering schedule should give BIG growth (The first time I added, I was SHOCKED at the results). One thing I’ve learned: You’re not feeding the plant, you’re feeding your soil.

I’m using the brand “Neptunes”, can be found nearly anywhere in North America (and Amazon)

Lastly, there are way too many very confusing articles discussing ALL the Fish/Seaweed benefits, but, I think this one outlines it best: :fist_left:

8 Likes

Very nice work. Blown away…

2 Likes

Day 45: I’ve decided to build a Scrog in the next few days. I’ll have the final install this weekend.

The ladies took about 3.5L of water each today! No trimming, slight adjustment to tie downs and a leaf tuck.

Scrog will measure 30”x24”. I’m maxed out for space, but I anticipate these to be very heavy so hopefully this helps!

8 Likes

Looking good ladies

2 Likes