Zkittlez for first grow!

I’m at day 10 of germination phase, the droopy leaves make me a little nervous but overall the plant looks very healthy! Can’t wait to upload more pics when it gets bigger!

8 Likes

Nice! Ordered these seeds as well!

Still waiting for them to arrive as well as my Grobo.

Can’t wait to see how yours comes out! :+1:

4 Likes

Congratulations! I almost chose Zkittlez. I’ll for sure keep an eye for updates.

@DannytheImpaler welcome! It’s exciting

3 Likes

Plant looks normal to me so far. Keep an eye on it though

3 Likes

Dude I can’t wait to start the veg cycle and see it just take off! My other seeds I got are maui waui, just waiting for my recipe request to go through!@bjorn. Figured I’d grow an indica in the winter seasons and a nice sweet sativa in the spring/summer months.

3 Likes

Any tips on drying out coco pod? Trying to avoid root rot as much as possible.

1 Like

Pod dries out usually after about 2 weeks. I’ve had some of them damp down the road as the plants are massive and the roots pull up alot of water. Until you get much further in the stage you should be good.

3 Likes

I would sometimes pour a little bit of water on top of my pod on previous grows, but you should be fine. Those roots will seek the water below it fast!

3 Likes

Thanks for the great advice guys! Now one more question if you don’t mind; where can I buy a large quantity of reverse osmosis water? Right now I’m using tap water (thankfully where I live the quality is up to par with growing standards) but still would like to start with the purest water I can. Any suggestions? Stores? Online stores?

2 Likes

@Oggreenbean,

((#ItIsAlive)): :innocent:

((#IWillWatchYouGrow)): :herb::eyes:

--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart::baby:

((#GroboWater)): :droplet:

--

:wink::droplet:

3 Likes

I would look into just getting an r.o unit. I have one in my house and it’s great. It might be cheaper down the road, and you also get great drinking water from it :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m definitely going to look into it. Appreciate the support!

1 Like

Hey everyone! I’m 7 days into my veg phase and overall the plant is looking pretty good! I did have issues at first with drooping leaves but I put in a support ticket and received help almost instantly. Thanks again for that fam! Turned out that my drain/fill hose was pinching my #2 acidic line. But after fixing that I believe my plant is doing much better! What do you think growers? And should I be worried that my plant is leaning a lot? @Stephen

5 Likes

I wouldn’t worry too much. She’ll pick back up :+1:

3 Likes

Looking good over there @Oggreenbean!

Don’t worry about your lean too much. You can check the cocopod to see if your stem is nice and clean and strong, we are trying to fight a disease called ‘damping off’ where the seedling gets strangled right at the spot where the cocopod and stem meet. Doubt that you are in trouble here, the plant looks nice and healthy.

Here is an example of what damping off starts to look like…image

Cheers,
Stephen

5 Likes

Been there!

3 Likes

Thanks so much for the info! I will post more pics in the following weeks :ok_hand: have a good weekend everyone.

3 Likes

Hello growers! Was just wondering if it’s normal for my leaves to be really dry. If that’s not the case, should I spray them with like a mist bottle lightly?

1 Like

Can you take a photo so we can see what you mean?
If you can’t I would caution against it but, would advice a humidifier to help out.

3 Likes

I don’t think a picture would help in this sense because it’s more of a feeling of dryness in the leaves. They look very healthy I’m just a little concerned as this is my first hydro grow. Usually am growing outdoors in soil and misting the plant every once in a while. If you think I should just let it rock then I will definitely take your advice!

4 Likes