WTH my Grobo 2 just emptied on the floor for no reason? [Team is working on this!]

Hey @TheDogMan,

Just tried to reach out via phone to get some extra info on this event, but missed you, unfortunately. I’ll try back in a bit to see if we can connect.

I spent a couple of hours this morning with the engineering team reviewing your case. Here are a couple of observations we have so far.

1. We are worried about your ‘extension cord’ modification that is not GFI certified so close to a large reservoir of water. This is not safe.
  2. We see in the pictures you’ve shared that you’ve removed the dosing controller board completely at some point in your setup modifications. This is not recommended, as it comes pre-assembled and we are worried something has happened to this board.
  3. We do see a command from the app to drain your Gen 2 unit at 12:46 pm yesterday, but are unsure if you did this yourself in your troubleshooting.

The good news is that we’ve not seen this happen before and we’ve not had any reports of it coming into support to date. If anyone has this happen, please email us at support@grobo.io straight away!

Kindly,
Stephen

2 Likes

I am here now. I was on the phone before.

#2 no idea what you mean, that is how it came. I did not take anything a part.

Also do you see a drain command this morning right after the fill?

1 Like

Hey @TheDogMan,

This is the pic we were worried about, is the board just not showing here due to the angle the shot is from?

This is what I’m looking for…

I’ll reach out via phone again now.

Cheers,
Stephen

3 Likes

Good talking to you just now. Thanks a lot for all the information and tips. I will make the changes you suggested and also fix the top so the wifi is better.

Thanks @TheDogMan,

Enjoy your week off, Thanksgiving for the win! For all of our growers, we think this is wifi-related at this point as a bit of extra ‘enthusiasm’ was added to the top of the unit. (Mylar and the wifi signal are not getting along very well.)

We have a game plan for more troubleshooting and will keep everyone updated!

Kindly,
Stephen

6 Likes

Thanks again. I took the top off and removed everything :grinning: but I am still hardly getting 1 bar. I am only 20 feet maybe from the router? I went ahead and for $25 I ordered one of those wifi extenders you mentioned. It should be here Wednesday it said.

5 Likes

My grobo 2 has done the exact same thing for the last two nights. After waiting for the correct parts to come I finished putting my grobo together, filled it and transplanted a plant from my start. First few nights everything was fine. Last two night the grobo has emptied on its own and completely drained my nutrients. When I try to fill it works but as soon as it fills it immediately starts draining and sucking all the nutrients out of the bottles.

The first time it happened my wife woke me up to water all over the floor upstairs (where my grobo is located) and water dripping down from my ceiling downstairs. The second time I was ready with my hose already in the bucket.

2 Likes

I have to keep mine in a bucket 24/7 now as it just drains. They are working on a few things with me troubleshooting, waiting on something to come now to try.

1 Like

Lost all mine too, drained them fully and they were brand new.

2 Likes

Not fun. My drain/fill function also doesn’t work. Just gets stuck either draining or filling and won’t shut off. How long have you been dealing with this?

Not fun. My unit also gets stuck draining/filling. It’s like it’s not even reading the water sensors. How long have you been dealing with this?

Are u guys using iPhone or android? I’m on Samsung galaxy and mine has been fine. I’m on day 4 of my grow and my water levels are good pod is moist. I haven’t had any issues since the firmware problem. I know they did mention something about it could have to do with phone and app idk if they determined that wasn’t it???

1 Like

I wonder if it has something to do with the new update
9-6-10

2 Likes

Only about a week since mine came and still not sure about it.

1 Like

Mine drained the other night and no app was open, phone was off. You can use Windows too, it is something else.

2 Likes

That might be to try to fix it.

2 Likes

Absolutely that’s the goal @TheDogMan
This does not appear to be an “issue” for all units and is an isolated experience for a couple of users. We want to get you growing ASAP and are working through resolutions with anyone with this issue.
If you have specific instructions from support, keep following them! If this is a new error for you, please ensure a ticket is open at support@grobo.io, and myself or Stacey will make sure you’re covered and we get you fixed up. This is issue has been escalated for full team assistance. Thanks for your patience while we help resolve this issue.
Thanks @TheDogMan for your updates, they are extremely valuable to the team via support!

4 Likes

I am OK waiting to get it going. :grinning: I even pushed Grobo 1 to start a few weeks earlier so I dont have to rush on Grobo 2. Now I have one going and can more take my time with this.

2 Likes

Having issue with my unit as well. The draining and filling :face_with_raised_eyebrow: and my unit looks like the picture on top, the wires are not contained. There is no order.

3 Likes

Please open a ticket at support@grobo.io and we’ll follow up.

1 Like