Wrong pumps installed

Fellow Growers,

After 10 days with a new Grobo everything has gone to plan. That is, until my notification came for my first drain.

After promp follow ups from the Grobo support team, it appears my Grobo pumps were installed incorrectly. My seedling has died and now I’m awaiting new parts to install.

Pretty expensive experience this far.
Now I’m doing repairs to a new Grobo that simply dosent work.

I’m hoping the pump installation is not too difficult and that this is my only issue moving forward.

All the best folks!

4 Likes

If you are talking about your air pump, you can install an external one with no problems! Easy peasy. Just unplug the air line from the pump inside to an external pump. Super easy! I can walk you through it :+1::v:

3 Likes

@Robby
I had the same issue and the same thing happened. I assure you it gets better.not to be dismissive of the experience but afterwards you’ll feel more comfortable having gone through it. I replaced mine on a brand new unit too and now I’m about 6 days left in flower and 10 plus days in flush. Its unfortunate grobos builders are experiencing these consistent issues and I assume it’s been addressed already. However please provide them your feedback directly in either case.

Once you get your unit ok and running are you doing the same strain or different one?

2 Likes

This is what scares me. It’s not like we’re talking $500 here. After investigating my pump issue from yesterday (and after buying $140 worth of back ups for my 3 day old $2000 unit) I opened the back and I was staring at some pretty shoddy wiring/connections. Squeezing and releasing the shrink tubes turned my pumps on and off :joy: I decided to go with this rather than a traditional tent setup… I’m 3 days in and really REALLY nervous that I made the wrong decision.

How long should I wait to see a sprout poke through the pod before I abandon this grow?

Sorry for the frustration guys, honest.

3 Likes

Give it a week or two from plopping the seed in coco pod. This is growing though mate. You will invest wayyy more than you initially thought, but it’s a hobby, and when you come into your own, you will have better product than the dispensary’s. That said if you are at all of the long term mind set, then get the best equipment you can now. It will only make you a better grower :joy::joy::+1::v:

1 Like

Your tv coats 2000 too and problems from that on purchase could be permanently burned out colors or lights etc…that shit breaks too. All perspective. It’s not like grobo has been designing these for 30 years of experience. If you have feedback keep sharing. Conversation always leads somewhere positive

4 Likes

@Robby,

((#RIP)): :sob: ((#IFeelYourPain)):

https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=rip

Summary

RIP--

:sob:

--

:sob:

1 Like

I too have this same issue. Will install new pump tomorrow. Glad to know I’m not alone here.

2 Likes

@ajdsbh,

((#Welcome)):

:wave::wink:

--

1 Like

Hey @Robby & @Mike_Sampson,

Thanks for the feedback guys, I’ve found we had a small batch of pumps that were labelled incorrectly, then slipped through our QC procedures. Rest assured the team has heard about this one and has a plan in place to catch this kind of error moving forward. We are making an updated repair guide specifically for replacing your pump as well.

Sorry for this rough start, I’m anxious to get you both running smoothly!

Stephen

1 Like

You have an awesome community here!! The guys got me up and running (picked up a backup pump) and some other essentials too and I’m actually seeing what looks like a little vein peeking through this morning! I’ve kept her moist with a little spray while I worked through the pump issue but it looks like I’m doing ok while we get it figured out overall!

Thanks for the follow up!!!

Mike

2 Likes

Hey How would we find out about this pump problem, because I just received my new Grobo? On day two everything seems good. :+1::grinning:

Do a drain and fill you’ll know immediately

2 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

So I drained it and it Acted a little weird like the Wi-Fi was disconnected but wasn’t? Anyway after a slight glitch I hate to fill button and she filled back up

1 Like

I’m clear so far.

3 Likes