White widow hybrid

Hey everyone,

I wanted to follow up on the last part of my white widow hybrid. The bottom half ended up being 18 grams dried so for my first complete attempt (second total) she yielded 50 grams of some of the best bud i have ever smoked.

I have to say i did have a few problems.
*My first grow i didn’t properly calibrate the ph sensor and didn’t realize it in time so she was lost but it was an old seed also so no biggie.

*I didn’t realize that my number 4 nutrient bottle was not pumping.

*The air pump died.

Out of these problems grobo customer support helped me solve them in a very professional and speedy manner and everyone i had contact with was very professional. :grin:

I understand how some will say no problems should occur but i liken this to buying any high ticket item. Think about vehicles, all made on the same production lines but there are always things that occur. My final thought on this goes to customer service > minor issues. I am a hands on person anyways but real props to customer service from this consumer. :innocent:

I learned many things about cannabis. I let the plant go at the end but did use stress training a good bit. The problems i had did stun her a few times but i stuck with her and in the end she delivered a harvest more than buds. :star_struck:

We got tons of oil to last a long time. Not too mention the medicinal properties we have discovered with flowering leaves. I recommend everyone get a decarboxylator. Once i dehydrated the leaves at about 100 degrees for 6 hours they were perfect to go in the decarb.(we did this with bud also and you can have a completed harvest in no time if you desire.) I did half and half. There is an adult in my household that has many problems around their root area. Doctors and surgeries not too mention countless pills can’t do what one bowl of these flowering magical beauties can do and honestly its sad we are held down, but i digress. :thinking:

Anyways, it seems like grobo is going to continue to improve. I cleaned and recalibrated everything and my next grow is starting with the grobo kicking on all cylinders!

One more caveat is about dollars and cents. Where i live there is always bud around but anything even close to this in my market is ridiculously expensive, if you take this and the risk that is lessened in areas still under “prohibition.” So now i am spoiled and definitely don’t like to have to pay for buds that i now know are inferior! $$$

Also, i want to thank all the champions because their knowledge greatly helped me more than you guys ever know.

:heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Hey @Ovie ,

First of all congrats on the amazing harvest, great job :+1:t2:

Quick questions…

How many times did you top it to get so much bud sites?

Second,
What did you use for stress training? (pics would help loads)

Third,
Any other techniques used to increase final yield?

1 Like

Hey @lyrix010,

1. We only topped her one time.

2. As far as pics, everything i have is on this post.
    For stress training i did several trims on fan leaves and lower leaves in late veg every time she got real bushy. But i didn’t do the trim everything route because it was the first grobo grow.

3. I only did a small trim in flower and then pretty much let her go but in my opinion the reason for a decent yield was because i extended late veg until she was at the middle to top of the second fan (thanks to the champions) and looking back now i prob should have extended more. I also extended flowering a couple weeks too because i wanted the trichs a little done for some cbd properties. The total grow time was like 140 days because of the first grow issues i had.

I actually harvested the top buds first and then a week and a half later harvested the bottom half and could have waited more.

Additionally, i didn’t use any other supplements besides what comes with the grobo, but where i keep my grobo the water never gets above 69 degrees and i control the temp of the room as well as the humidity so it is the perfect setup.

My biggest challenge was patience due to the bad start she got.

Hope this helps but i am still a super noob myself.

4 Likes

Every bit helps, thanks for your input @Ovie :v:t2:

2 Likes

@Ovie,

((#TeamWorkMakesTheDreamWork)): :green_thumb:

--

3 Likes