White Widow - First Grow

I’d plan on extending a couple more Weeks as needed. Looking good!

3 Likes

Day 48
The two new main tops are starting to grow new internodes below. Should those be trimmed to focus on the main colas? I trim and new growth just fills in the middle. I’ve extended and have roughly 10 days left in veg

4 Likes

Let her keep on truckin man. I cleaned up all my branches more or less until transition. Now I’m a little over a week in flower (3+weeks later) and I’ve still taken the odd branch off, knowing it’s going to get taken off sooner or later cause it’s getting lost in the stretch. Just going by my previous grows. But honestly just do what you feel. You’ll have more than a couple chances to try and “perfect” growing in this box, I use quotations cause every grow will be different more or less. But I personally think you should get closer to the 2nd fan, at least the bottom of it or near anyway

6 Likes

Day 54 (30/35)
Gave her a hair cut. She’s starting to finally gain some vertical height rather than just bushing out. I’ve decided I’m committed to reaching the bottom of the second fan in late veg so I’m guessing 2 more weeks to add but I’ll just do 1 at a time. Bottle 3 and 4 are getting low so I’m glad I have 2 more sets of nutrients on hand.

6 Likes

Looking great! If you want it to focus more on vertical try taking off as much as you can at the bottom. You’ve seen my grow, she didn’t miss a beat and that way there’s no wasted energy on off chute branches you’ll cut off in the end. I just did my d&f last night and cut some lanky ass branches off that we’re just nute suckers in my opinion lol. I’ll post the pics of those later so you know what I mean. Totally up to you but like I said then your not really wasting nutes on growth you’ll just get rid of. Once I hit flower then I stopped the heavy trim and let her go fill out, which she did and some lol… :+1:

5 Likes

Thanks for the help @Russel_Richardson. I think I know what you mean I was just worried about taking off too much. I will clean up all the internodes and leave just the main ones. Thanks again for taking the time to steer me in the right direction!

2 Likes

Honestly I know the feeling. I felt that when I had to supercrop 5 of my colas. I’ve learned over the years that these are super resilient plants. Mine didn’t skip a beat with the heavy trimming I did. But don’t do it just cause I’m suggesting it. Do what you feel is comfortable for you, and being your first grow if you don’t take stuff off you’ll know, okay I could have done away with this and that etc.

I just cut these nute suckers off lol

6 Likes

Ok I see what you mean. Not much to come of that branch you cut off. No sense wasting time, energy and nutes on something that will be removed later. Thanks again Russel cheers buddy

4 Likes

How does this look @Russel_Richardson?

9 Likes

Also good luck to your 49ers this weekend @Stephen! Enjoy the game

2 Likes

Looks like when my girl was a wee one, looks good dude.

2 Likes

Haircut

12 Likes

Looks like what mine did in the beginning :+1:. They respond very well from the heavy lower trim I’ve found

3 Likes

Ya I figured she came back pretty strong last time I thinned her out so why not. It’s canuk breeder and the website says mostly sativa, should I be thinking of moving to transition soon? I’m on day 38/42. I see a lot of people like yourself using all the box lately and having to super crop.

1 Like

I let mine reach the bottom of the second fan, and I’ve had to super crop 2 times now on some stalks…lol :roll_eyes:.
What you could do right now though is pull your branches down, every couple days move it down more, eventually they’ll start to grow back up too, give you some more height

1 Like

Yup she bounced right back @Russel_Richardson. Almost time to do it again, what do you think?

8 Likes

Wow! Yeah that’s great, grew quite a bit in a week.
But yeah as for taking stuff off I just took a new off shoot branch and maybe the leaf that it was coming out from, depending on how big it was, if it was still small I left it, but if it was the biggest then :scissors:
@Mpower11 this is what I was talking about so that you get more vertical

1 Like

If anything I would just take the new branch coming out and leave the foliage, looks like it could be left alone to me in that regard

1 Like

Ok so snip the new node coming out but leave the fan leaf?

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I meant sorry :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. Or take the leaf if you want but I think you could leave it, totally up to you :+1:

1 Like