White Widow - First Grow

Hey @Flyers28 my first grow I thought the same thing. The fan doesn’t engage until the end of day 10. Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Thanks @Dew I’m actually on day 15 now but I was away for a few days and missed being here for the switch to day 11

1 Like

I want to get an axial type motor (like the ones in the back of grobo) to add that are 120 volts so it will plug in. Maybe one on each side at the base of the plant once I reach late veg.

2 Likes

Day 22 (12/14 early veg)
Bottom leaves have some curling to them. Other than that seems to be doing well. I want to top when she is ready. I think I count about 4 nodes right now. What does everyone think?

6 Likes

Yeah that happens some times with those first leaves. Mine was like a Ying yang lol looks good n healthy, and yeah you have 4. Each set of leaves there is a node

3 Likes

Thanks Russel

3 Likes

Lots of growth this week. I topped her and cleaned up some bottom leaves. Also tied back some leaves to get light to the centre. Added 7 days to late veg.

8 Likes

Looks awesome Dave!! Keep it up man !

3 Likes

Thanks Ray!

2 Likes

Hey @Osage does this look like cal/mag needs to be added? The bottom leaves I removed were a bit worse. I’m using RO water and bottle 5 is dispensing. Any other suggestions? :pray:

2 Likes

Day 32 (8/21)

1 Like

If you have revive, add 5ml per liter to amend deficiencies! If not add cal/mag at 1/4 strength :+1::v::v:

4 Likes

Ok I’ll see how quick I can get some revive if not cal/mag is easily accessible at a local store.
Thanks Jerry :v:

3 Likes

Happy weekend everyone! Water change day tomorrow for me and looking for advice on when I should be removing the big fan leaves?(there’s 4 remaining) I’ve tucked them away by tying them down for now.
Cheers

5 Likes

For every article or person that says remove you will get another saying you shouldn’t.
I personally lollipop, top, and trim,I find that removing the large leaves only results in the smaller ones taking its place. Some may argue it takes more energy but that would have to be something you decide for each strain.
I believe in defoliation and some believe in total defoliation, when dealing with autos I would caution against but again you’ll have to decide whats best.
The common rule on large fan leaves are to remove if they are blocking light of bud sites, and never to remove more than 20% at a time.

4 Likes

Thanks @Bplatinum9. I think I’ll keep tucking for now, it doesn’t seem like they’re blocking any bud sites yet since I have them tied down. I’ll do some defoliating once it’s necessary which I assume will be soon enough!

3 Likes

@Flyers28,

Bplatinum9

[#ChampionToMe] :clap:

((#ForTheWin)): :clap:

((#YourGrowYourCall)): :herb:

--

((#SheIsLookingVeryHappy)): :smiley:

--

3 Likes

Day 43 (19/28) late veg extended 14 days.
She’s not very tall. Seems after I topped there hasn’t been much vertical growth. The second fan seems pretty far away right now. I did a big trim hopefully didn’t take too much. What do you think? @Bloodydrake @Russel_Richardson @Bplatinum9

5 Likes

Looks fine to me man :+1: nice and healthy. I extended my late veg 3 weeks and I was heavy on the trimming. If you have more than one of this strain you could let it go after your extension if it’s not ready just to see where it stretches. Then you know next time you’ll know you can either leave it or extend it further. That’s kind of how I’ve been approaching my grows, experimenting with things, trial and error :+1:

4 Likes

Thanks Russel. That’s a good idea I will probably run it again to help get a better grasp on growing. Glad you think it looks healthy. I’ll see how it is in 9 days and think about extending one more week
:pray::v:

4 Likes