Where are all the Gen 2 Grows?

My wife and I ordered our Gen 2 on Good Friday and it was delivered the Tuesday after. We were amazed at how fast it came. Construction was not without some challenges and we are waiting for some parts before we can fire up the new box but the excitement is palpable!

The one thing we can’t seem to find is other Gen 2 owners posting their grows…?

We are hoping to see some other users off to great starts!

Please share links and pics!

:peace_symbol:

5 Likes

It may be too early since the Gen 2 was just released…
The first Gen was fully assembled on delivery and ready for use but, i’m guessing shipping made it difficult to receive a unit with no damage.
I also wonder if having to assemble will create a purchase problem for those who don’t feel comfortable with the task of assembly!
If you’re on the fence about buying for any reason we would love to hear from you!
If your having assembly issues please reach out to support and also the forum so we can learn with you! It will make it easier for us if we know how to help you going forward! Thanks in advance!!! :eyes: :seedling:

5 Likes

@Bplatinum9

Oh wow! I guess we just thought that there would’ve been some beta test grows out there. How exciting to be in the first group of growers taking a run at the new box.

So far we haven’t run into much. Our user LED light wasn’t working so we are waiting for that wire to arrive. Our fan fell. Luckily no seedling was started yet or it would’ve certainly smashed it. Support is sending out another set of the VHB adhesive stickers for us. We will try and use them again but are looking for other solutions as we kinda feel like the same sticker tape may very well fail again.

Can’t wait to get this box up and running!

2 Likes

Im excited that we have a seasoned grower in the first group of growers that has been with us for awhile!
Was the fan attached in a different place than the first Gen? It would really help if you could add some pics to your topic, do you think that would be possible?
I use magnetic hooks for my inside fans but for everything else I use the magnetic supports from grobo! :eyes: :seedling:

2 Likes

I had some problems with Grobo 2, but should have mine going today. I have a few posts of me assembling mine and the couple issues I found.

The fan will fall, I have mine up with a magnetic strap, what they send you will not work according to some others.

I also had to swap out a few things too.

1 Like

@Bplatinum9

Well as you know, the internal fans were replaced with a hardwired peripheral fan that comes with 2 magnets and adhesive stickers to attach them to the fan. We really miss the internal fans but figure there has be be some solid reasons they made the switch.

Needs a better way to keep up and attached as we fear, it will probably be falling again. I just hope this new design feature doesn’t come crashing down and split some plants in half.

Sorry we don’t have many pics yet as we weren’t able to start a grow yet and are waiting for parts. We’ll certainly post more when we get things going!

4 Likes

Mine is up with one of the magnetic straps I bought .

2 Likes

Thanks for sharingI
I use two of these, one on each side and my fans have never fallen!
I purchased them from amazon last year.

p.s Im sure its much easier to replace them if there is a need to, the older model has to be taken apart from the back to replace the fans.

4 Likes

Excellent Idea! I love grobo supports!!! They solve most of my problems for sure! :eyes: :seedling:

3 Likes

The Grobo 2 is ready and should be working now, I am waiting on a seed to be ready. I thought it was good, but want to wait a day maybe.

2 Likes

Congratulations!!! Keep us posted! We would love to watch you grow! :eyes: :seedling:

2 Likes

Gorilla Glue is super strong…

2 Likes

Thanks Todd…! I think that’s the route we’re going to go. We do want to worry that it might happen again and from what I have read. Gorilla Glue seems to be good stuff!

1 Like

I have a gen 2 and I’ve been posting about my journey so far. It’s a post under share your grow called long time coming! I’m at day 5 of early veg.

2 Likes

@joe_Macias

That’s awesomeness! I’m off to check out your grow!

1 Like

Darn, I think I bought some bad seeds and this was a top place I thought. Makes the 2nd Barneys Farm Do Si Dos in the original Barneys Farm package that did not fully pop.

I have the last one, only had 3, trying now and I guess will switch to something else as I want to get Grobo 2 going.

I would email them right away and let them know. Most reputable seed companies will make it right. I had some popping problems with some seed from ILGM and not only did they resend the seeds they also tossed in some extra seed for my trouble. They even followed up a few weeks after to make sure their product popped.

Good luck!

3 Likes

I just got a notification that our parts were delivered. I can’t wait to get home and see if we can get the Gen 2 online and ready to grow…!

The new part has been installed and it looks like the Gen 2 is online. Hoping to drop a seed tomorrow.

Fingers crossed!

:peace_symbol:

3 Likes

I got one to pop and started this morning. Fingers crossed, it keeps going.

1 Like