What type of extra nutrients do you use?

Hi, I’ve been reading about people using supplemental nutrients. What works best for the Grobo? Something that doesn’t mess with the PH too much. I’ve read good things about Mammoth P.
I have used a root accelerator, H2O2 and flawless finish.

I’m on day 6 of my second grow, Granddaddy Black,

and I would like to know how to get the most out this one. My first grow was just under one ounce, 27.5 grams.

4 Likes

Whatever nutrients you use, don’t use the full recipe. They are for soil. Personally I use a different product for the various phases. I like advanced nutrients. I only use 25% of the recommend values on the container. But that’s just my opinion.

Cheers
Eric

I’m currently running/planning to run a litany of additives and beneficials. See images below. As @dukz009 stated I too start out at 1/4 strength and then work my way up to 1/2 strength over time. You are more experienced than I as I this is my first time growing so I’ve not had the chance to complete the process, that said I have obsessively researched the growing process, what to expect from our Grobo’s growing environment, and how to maximize our efforts.

Vegetative Stage: I introduced the Rhino Skin about 30 days in, the rest have been used from the start of my grow:

Flowering stage: Continuing with all above and adding the following, I will stop Rhino Skin 3-4 weeks into flower.

Flush: discontinue use of all nutrients and supplements (pH only) plus:

4 Likes

Make sure your nutrients are coco compatible too guys! :facepunch:t3:

1 Like

@SWSVIC Check your bud booster bro, make sure it’s coco safe. My bottle is different (brownish colour) and it says coco safe.

1 Like

Hey @dukz009 so we are growing in a Deep Water Culture system with Grobo. The bottle you have there is specific to growing in coco coir systems. You may be able to still use it however. @chris_barfield can you touch on this homie? (See dukz pic above)

4 Likes

Thanks for clarifying!! :facepunch:t3:

1 Like

My buddy at Advanced just told me it’s ok to use mine at 25% and he said that he wouldn’t go over 50% of yours unless you know the strain. :facepunch:t3:

1 Like

Agreed that seems to be the general consensus with everything we add to our regime when growing in Grobo. That’s a good friend to have btw :sunglasses:

1 Like

No doubt bro! Amen to that! :+1:t3:

1 Like

You can use any nutrients in dwc as long as they are salts … organic do not do well in hydro at all… and honeslty the only difference between coco specific nutrients is that have they have extra cal mag in them since it binds to coco… that’s it so you can use any line of fertilizers as long as they aren’t organic … just add calmag and your good … all advanced nutrients unless specified are good in dwc or coco

2 Likes

When using big bud … pay attention to the ph levels that those particular nutrients needs… cuz if you do t adjust ph to uptake that additive well then your really just wasting your money sort of

1 Like

Copy that :+1: you have a recommendation for how to administer? Right now I’m doing Rhino Skin, Hydroguard, Revive, Recharge. let sit 2 hours, then pH, then Grobo nutrients. I realize this might not be considered optimal but we gotta do what we gotta do with the Grobo. When would you recommend mixing in the Big Bud & Bud Candy?

2 Likes

You got a Little too much going on there my guy… revive is needed when there is an issue … recharge is supposed to be once a week and also not too good for dwc as it ha sorganic amendments in it plus it’s sort of granular and settles at the bottoms of the tanks in my experience … I’d drop down to your nutrients and hydrogaurd and cal mag

5 Likes

And rhino skin

2 Likes

Bud candy can be used from day 1 flower till you flush … bud candy I think is like week 3-6 or something like that …

2 Likes

:joy: over achieving like a mf’er :joy:. If I pull the Recharge and Revive at my next water change will it shock or bother the plant at all? Also you mentioned Bud Candy twice, Big Bud is the use from day 1 of flower right? Appreciate you brother.

1 Like

Hi Chris,
Just curious what would you recommend instead of using recharge in the grobo?

1 Like

The current in my reservoir is strong af because of the chiller/water pump set up that I installed on my unit. The intake tube is at the very bottom left hand corner of the res sitting on the floor and the outflow is a few inches above it directed to the right creating a strong loop ensuring that the water in all areas of the res remains constant/cool. That said it also constantly stirs the hell out of the water. I’m hoping that this enough to stop the Recharge from settling. :grimacing::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

If you have good flow then maybe it won’t it just used to happen to me in my experience you might be able to dial it in … and bud candy can
Be used from day 1 of flip big bud I think is week 2-4

2 Likes