Water chiller

So I’m new to grobo , looking into a water chiller im aware that the water goes through the grobo into the water chiller and back out does this affect nutrients or water ?? As in more nutrients or water ?

4 Likes

I assume the nutrients are filtered with the water in and out of the cooler. Shouldn’t be any issues

3 Likes

I think you’re asking if you need extra nutrients to compensate for the amount of extra water needed to use the chiller?

I don’t think the Grobo will add additional nutrients. The system monitors the EC (Electrical Connectivity but the value can not be seen by the grower) but does not adjust it. When you do a complete drain and fill nutrients get dispensed based on the recipe.

4 Likes

For those following this thread, this is from support:

“I’ve had several growers add chillers to the tanks, but they are not designed for this, and it messes up the water level sensors reporting correctly.”

It may void your warranty. Not sure.

4 Likes

So save my money ?

Or wait and see?

Honestly man I’d just wait and see

3 Likes

I’d suggest waiting as well. I did go with a water chiller, but I still had two plants die at a young age, one with a root issue, the other we did not determine a root cause (no pun intended).

If you are concerned about your water temperature, send an email to support to see what they suggest. Let them be the ones to tell you to install a water cooler.

Otherwise if you’ve got the money to blow, maybe still send an email to support to see if they would continue to support you with a water cooler installed.

My hopes/thoughts are that Grobo is working on add-on components that will make their machine “compatible” with a water cooler.

4 Likes

I would also wait. I was similar attitude to you, while waiting for the unit to arrive. I was going to buy a water chiller.

Instead, I supplement with Hydroguard, which is much cheaper, and have had no problems with my first grow.

The only issue, is that it’s growing too well, and filled out the whole Grobo unit, with buds touching the light, and getting burnt. It’s an auto, and I did not trim, or anything - Won’t make that mistake again.

5 Likes

I’m using the recharge and hydro guard I have them both already , I have most of my stuff here so I’m more than prepared … just still waiting for the tracking .

1 Like

I’ve never had a problem with my chiller. If anything it has helped me with many successful grows. I had a few months where I was planting seeds and evey time I would get root rot. My res temp was too hot. The day I added my chiller, everything changed. I’ve not had a single case of root rot since, and no other problems either. So it’s up to you, but I’m for them even though they are spendy :+1::v:

4 Likes

I found a chiller for a really good price , I’ll be ordering it on tuesday . I bought everything except for the chiller . So I will be purchasing one . Just I’m not spending 400$ on a water chiller when our resivors are not that big , 190 to 250 is okay , 300 and 400 that’s just way out man …

1 Like

5 Likes

Great find! Hope it works well and lasts. I agree, water chillers are over priced for what they do. Just another reason I prefer soil :joy::joy:

I have decided after this grow in the box, I will be using her solely as a mother chamber. I’ll get some sick genetics :dna: and go on an extend run of something like Platinum Dolato

https://seedsforme.com/index.php/product/platinum-dolato/

That will make the price worth it in the end :joy::joy:

7 Likes

How’d this chiller turn out for you? I’m returning the cheap generic one I bought.

Ordered my Grobo and waiting on tracking. I was thinking of purchasing the Water chiller you have in this pic. @Ray2nasty

I was wondering if it works well?
Would you recommend it?

Please let me know any info helps.

3 Likes

Keep in mind that adding a water chiller voids your warranty if you purchased one.

2 Likes

Didnt work had to send it back , dont get one if you dont need it I didnt need it . My water temp stays at 73 to 69 . ! My room stays at 70 … if you really need to get one you’re going to have to spend the money and buy the good one !

2 Likes

Could you please share where you found this info on voiding the warranty?

1 Like

It falls under the third one where it prohibits modifications, adjustments or alterations.
Not just my opinion the company has confirmed water chillers fall under this umbrella.
Warranty Exclusions

You agree to fully read the instructions and guidance we provide and review the Product’s capabilities and constraints before using the Product. Notwithstanding the limited warranty above, you assume all liability and we have no obligation whatsoever to you or anyone else for any of the following:

• use of the Product for High-Risk Activities (defined below);
  • use of the Product other than in accordance with our published specifications and/or Documentation;
  • modifications, alterations, adjustments or repairs to the Product made by a third party other than us or a third party we authorize;
  • failure by you or a third party to comply with environmental and storage requirements for the Product specified by us, including, without limitation, temperature or humidity ranges;
  • damage from external causes such as dirt, sand, battery leakage, power surges, or improper usage of any electrical source;
  • use of the Product in combination with any third-party devices or products that we have not provided or recommended to you;
  • any damage to property or persons caused by your use of the Product that is not caused by material defect, including damages or injuries caused by your failure to understand the functionalities of the Product and use the Product in accordance with its specifications;
  • leaving the Product in direct sunlight for long periods;
  • attempting to power the Product with any charger or power source other than the one provided by Grobo;
  • attempting to affix anything to the Product;
  • failure to determine the suitability of the Product for your intended use;
  • failing to make sure that any other person who uses the Product also complies with these terms and any other guidance we provide you, whether this guidance is included in writing with the Product or made available on our website;
  • any continued use of the Product after you detect any material defect;
  • failure to adhere to relevant laws and local government rules; and
  • any other improper use of the Product.[quote=“coffindancer, post:19, topic:3788, full:true”]
    Could you please share where you found this info on voiding the warranty?
    [/quote]
6 Likes