Water chiller

Thank you!

2 Likes

Thank you @Ray2nasty.

I was told to use a water chiller by Grobo so that’s crazy it violates the warranty. Will not be using one.

I will have to just have my room on AC and dehumidifier.

4 Likes

Keep an eye on the plant honestly , discoloration in the leaves , or if shes droopy, or even slime on the root for root rot , best bet to deal with tempature is recharge , its awesome at protecting roots and giving you’re plant the boost it needs ! But in my.opinion grobo is pretty solid , so I would wait and not waist money !!

2 Likes

Just wanted to confirm what @Sweet_Leaf said. A support ticket I submitted came with the following advice:

" Clients on AllGrowers have had success using either Recharge or a water chiller to reduce their temperature. These are some of the products they’ve tried, however, please be advised that they can be pricey"

It also included links to Active Aqua and the cheapo Chinese GeekTeches.

2 Likes

Recharge reducing water temp? I believe they meant Hydroguard defending against bad bacteria when water temps are high.

I absolutely love the Active Aqua chiller. Worth every penny.

3 Likes

Someone at support claimed I had root rot (which I don’t). The recharge was for the said root rot and the chiller for prevention. I just find it conflicting to recommend a chiller, in an offhand sort of way, and then the addition of a chiller voids the warranty

4 Likes

Yes that is not a good business practice to say the least.

2 Likes

It’s a 30 day warranty lol … good luck w that…

1 Like

I guess it’s a year now , lol I’m still running good over here my room is a water chiller lol

1 Like

I got the extended warranty. So I’m not gonna through my money out the window

What is your average water temp?

Average runs about 72F. I’ve seen a high of 75

You should be good if running hydroguard, Should not see a need for a chiller. In my setup it is an absolute must as the grobo puts out too much heat for the small closet in which it lives.

2 Likes

Saw your setup looks really nice !! Is the dark grey the water chiller and what is the white thing on top? Is that a huimidifier? @SWSVIC would you recommend i buy one of these as i see my water temps slowly climbed to 70 from 64 but holding steady there and my humidity level is at about 40%… I mean how do we control humidity level? it says during germination should be about 70 to80% correct?

you can put a dome or a ziplock bag over your seedling to raise the RH. Something like this:

If tempts can stay below 72f, you shouldn’t need a water chiller, but having a water chiller does help tremendously with your grow however since you will need to add a water pump as well with the water chiller and that turns the grobo from a DWC to a RDWC (recirculation). Hydroguard should also help keep root rot at bay.

2 Likes

Thanks @Vicc great pic … so I wonder if the grobostart is gonna be a key for germination since it’s in a humidity dome?

2 Likes

It does help especially with getting a head germination start while your current grow finishes up and it can save you like a month of growth time. The grobo start seems to be pretty user friendly, I personally use a propagator, coco pods and cups however.

1 Like

Propagator I’m a novice, sorry what is that?

1 Like

@Manny its a germination tray and dome. Here is an example of how i used it here:

2 Likes

That setup looks awesome thanks for the pic @Vicc

2 Likes