Veg Garden 2021

Yes we stagger

Lettus
Kale
Beans
radishes
Beats

4 Likes

@Todd.grobo have you ever mixed a little lavender with your herb to smoke??

Here is my Lavender field I started 500 plants from seed 3 years ago.

Going to be making some oil soon

10 Likes

I have not. Hence why i want to try growing that edelweiss strain.
I had 5 plants last year only one survived
They dont like the climate here.

4 Likes

To bad I love lavender. Bee’s like crazy and the smell is so nice… I always wanted to build a few bee hive box’s but I’m not sure I have the time to be a beekeeper lol

What Zone are you Todd? I’m zone 6

5 Likes

I believe we ars 4 now. I have a bees hive nest on my garage. They leave eggs for spring and then i have local bees right above my garden and wild flowersand chives below them.

4 Likes

That’s so cool… Kind of Jelly

5 Likes

We do as much as we can to attract as were the only ones within a few blocks growing. Mostly older people with flower baskets. All paid landscaping. We do our own… hence the cinderblock garden… 240 stones at 40 lb each was a lot of work. But seems to have worked well. No wasp nests yet. Protected root base.
I really tried lavender but 1 of 6. Raspberries ive lost a lot too which is odd they are weeds.

4 Likes

Still having a hard time with celery too.

6 Likes

My wife will love seeing these fields. You should make your own oils

4 Likes

I will be making oil soon…

You garden looks great!! Do you top dress them also?

What do you do for bugs?? I have a problem right now with

White Fly
spider Mites
Aphids
Cabbage loopers

Using Bt for the the Loopers

and I have these guys to take care of the rest… Time to build my on colony of beneficial’s

See I have work to do tonight :wink:

6 Likes

Dont really have pests unless its weather related. Too wet and bugs will come for radish and beets. Last year we had a lot of slugs so we put lots of ash and.chunks in with the regular coffee egg shell mix.

5 Likes

I do have to content with 5 squirrels and a dozen birds at least. I check my berries at night and pick at 6am. No joke.

5 Likes

Funny :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: that u are talking about that I spoke to my neighbor the other day she grows those an she was telling me that the bees :honeybee: we’re almost extinct :+1:t2::dash::seedling:

4 Likes

I do believe you about picking berries that early. Bird attack my peaches and berries like crazy.

It’s true bees are endangered species and the world needs them desperately

5 Likes

Yea my neighbor gave me a quick lesson on y we need them completely agree :+1:t2::dash::seedling:

4 Likes

Looks like paradise! I absolutely love lavender oil! Keep up the good work! I get inspired watching you grow! :eyes::seedling:

8 Likes

Thanks so much!!

It’s a lot of work but relaxing at the same time. I lose focus on my tent when my Veg garden is going.

Ps try mixing a little fresh dried lavender in your bud. So nice. (I know you don’t smoke but something to google for fun)

8 Likes

Lemon balm and lavender all around the house would probably lift my spirits that’s for sure and a great idea! :eyes::seedling:

6 Likes

@Bplatinum9 You mean this?? :blush:

6 Likes

Smells so good!!! :eyes::seedling::rainbow:

5 Likes