Veg Garden 2021

She sent me another recipe for doing pickles with salt and fermentation, they turned out AMAZING. I added jalapeños and garlic to it so I have spicy pickles and pickled spicy garlic and jalapeños all in the same jar :drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

6 Likes

I’ll be trying these in a couple days…can’t wait!

6 Likes

Jealous!!!

6 Likes

Yellow beats too? Mmmmm
I love colourful food

6 Likes

My local grocery didn’t have much choice for beets. I got four red and four yellow. I tried each one today (I’m impatient!) and cannot wait for them to sit longer…they are DELICIOUS!!!

5 Likes

For all you beet lovers…I’m new to beets, but these pickled ones are delicious. I had some more today and I’m gonna go through these jars quick lol. My question…are yellow or white beets usually firmer than red? I like the texture of the yellow, but the sweetness of the red. The reds I had were a bit softer, but maybe that’s just because I got them from grocery. Would love your thoughts if you know beets well.

3 Likes

Being that we are hitting our colder temps…trying my hand at beets. Probably doing everything COMPLETELY wrong but we’ll see how this goes lol.

7 Likes

I can not wait to see the progress on these bad boys!

3 Likes

How many seeds did you drop in that pot?

3 Likes

20” pot, 13 holes, 2 “seeds” per hole. Already know I need to thin out the seedlings once the tops sprout.

4 Likes

I have somewhat of a green thumb when it comes to hydro weed, soil growing ANYTHING is new for me so don’t get your hopes up :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Roger that was going to be my point

3 Likes

I know you got my back! I’ve just never gardened, so reading will only get me so far lol.

3 Likes

What’s so much fun in the garden is trying to figure out what is a weeds vs your plants. You would be surprised how fast you learn what you need to pull and what you need to keep.

5 Likes

That just sounds like extra work :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

LOL hey you only learn from trying and trial and error! :grin:

4 Likes

I’ve got some beets going!!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
@Mpower11 do I wait till they grow a bit more before thinning out the seedlings? Just snip where it meets the medium right?

5 Likes

Look at you go I just love it

5 Likes

So??? Lol

3 Likes

You can pull now if you want… The plant is so little you can just pull the whole plant out… If your careful you can pull even pull the tap root out with it and replant it somewhere else

4 Likes