Veg Garden 2021

Nights have been dropping to 30 without wind chill…

The bins are nice when it snows they can take the weight of the snow… Knocks out the wind… alittle straw on the ground helps keep it warm also…

4 Likes

@Mpower11 that is super impressive. I love the garden. I was showing my wife this morning. What a journey it must be. Really cool :sunglasses:.

5 Likes

Amazing :star_struck: way cool :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Thanks it’s a lot of work but it’s my happy place

5 Likes

Lettuce / carrots and Beats still rolling

5 Likes

Finally harvest of beets for 2021 was today

Still have some lettuce :leafy_green:

10 Likes

I love me some pickled beets!!!

6 Likes

Never seen beets like this, really cool!

6 Likes

I mix the leafs in my salad also… So good

5 Likes

Best Beet soup recipe ever. Have 6 bowls in the fridge currently.

7 Likes

Mom just sent me her recipe, looking forward to trying it out!

8 Likes

Thanks guys I just sent these to my better half :+1:

5 Likes

She sent me another recipe for doing pickles with salt and fermentation, they turned out AMAZING. I added jalapeños and garlic to it so I have spicy pickles and pickled spicy garlic and jalapeños all in the same jar :drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

6 Likes

I’ll be trying these in a couple days…can’t wait!

6 Likes

Jealous!!!

6 Likes

Yellow beats too? Mmmmm
I love colourful food

6 Likes

My local grocery didn’t have much choice for beets. I got four red and four yellow. I tried each one today (I’m impatient!) and cannot wait for them to sit longer…they are DELICIOUS!!!

5 Likes

For all you beet lovers…I’m new to beets, but these pickled ones are delicious. I had some more today and I’m gonna go through these jars quick lol. My question…are yellow or white beets usually firmer than red? I like the texture of the yellow, but the sweetness of the red. The reds I had were a bit softer, but maybe that’s just because I got them from grocery. Would love your thoughts if you know beets well.

3 Likes

Being that we are hitting our colder temps…trying my hand at beets. Probably doing everything COMPLETELY wrong but we’ll see how this goes lol.

7 Likes

I can not wait to see the progress on these bad boys!

3 Likes