Veg Garden 2021

So summer BBQ at @Mpower11 next year :slight_smile: back yard tenting all around! LOL Free farm hands!

6 Likes

Smash burgers on the Blackstone for everyone!!

5 Likes

I already booked my stay for summer camp, I would love to learn all the ins outs and techniques of gardening :grinning: :grin:

3 Likes

Go on YouTube and watch and learn. There are even full growing classes and so much more.

2 Likes

Garden 2022 is going to be fun

Protecting the lettuce from the cold nights!! Last year I picked my final lettuce around Dec 10th

6 Likes

That is awesome to have a veggie harvest in December, and for it to be as simple as putting a bin over them! Very cool stuff, what are your temps right now where you live?

3 Likes

Nights have been dropping to 30 without wind chill…

The bins are nice when it snows they can take the weight of the snow… Knocks out the wind… alittle straw on the ground helps keep it warm also…

4 Likes

@Mpower11 that is super impressive. I love the garden. I was showing my wife this morning. What a journey it must be. Really cool :sunglasses:.

5 Likes

Amazing :star_struck: way cool :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Thanks it’s a lot of work but it’s my happy place

5 Likes

Lettuce / carrots and Beats still rolling

5 Likes

Finally harvest of beets for 2021 was today

Still have some lettuce :leafy_green:

10 Likes

I love me some pickled beets!!!

6 Likes

Never seen beets like this, really cool!

6 Likes

I mix the leafs in my salad also… So good

5 Likes

Best Beet soup recipe ever. Have 6 bowls in the fridge currently.

7 Likes

Mom just sent me her recipe, looking forward to trying it out!

8 Likes

Thanks guys I just sent these to my better half :+1:

5 Likes

She sent me another recipe for doing pickles with salt and fermentation, they turned out AMAZING. I added jalapeños and garlic to it so I have spicy pickles and pickled spicy garlic and jalapeños all in the same jar :drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

6 Likes

I’ll be trying these in a couple days…can’t wait!

6 Likes