Veg Garden 2021

Last nights dinner

8 Likes

Roflmao. Eating already damn. Looking good

6 Likes

So fresh!! love it…

Plants are getting so big now… I will get some updated pictures later on

5 Likes

Pretty much everything has sprouted for us, as we do straight from seed. Just unusual weather spurts make it harder on new plants. Its been super hot and dry and then wet and cold and bouncing back and forth.
Do you stagger plant anything?

4 Likes

Yes we stagger

Lettus
Kale
Beans
radishes
Beats

4 Likes

@Todd.grobo have you ever mixed a little lavender with your herb to smoke??

Here is my Lavender field I started 500 plants from seed 3 years ago.

Going to be making some oil soon

10 Likes

I have not. Hence why i want to try growing that edelweiss strain.
I had 5 plants last year only one survived
They dont like the climate here.

4 Likes

To bad I love lavender. Bee’s like crazy and the smell is so nice… I always wanted to build a few bee hive box’s but I’m not sure I have the time to be a beekeeper lol

What Zone are you Todd? I’m zone 6

5 Likes

I believe we ars 4 now. I have a bees hive nest on my garage. They leave eggs for spring and then i have local bees right above my garden and wild flowersand chives below them.

4 Likes

That’s so cool… Kind of Jelly

5 Likes

We do as much as we can to attract as were the only ones within a few blocks growing. Mostly older people with flower baskets. All paid landscaping. We do our own… hence the cinderblock garden… 240 stones at 40 lb each was a lot of work. But seems to have worked well. No wasp nests yet. Protected root base.
I really tried lavender but 1 of 6. Raspberries ive lost a lot too which is odd they are weeds.

4 Likes

Still having a hard time with celery too.

6 Likes

My wife will love seeing these fields. You should make your own oils

4 Likes

I will be making oil soon…

You garden looks great!! Do you top dress them also?

What do you do for bugs?? I have a problem right now with

White Fly
spider Mites
Aphids
Cabbage loopers

Using Bt for the the Loopers

and I have these guys to take care of the rest… Time to build my on colony of beneficial’s

See I have work to do tonight :wink:

6 Likes

Dont really have pests unless its weather related. Too wet and bugs will come for radish and beets. Last year we had a lot of slugs so we put lots of ash and.chunks in with the regular coffee egg shell mix.

5 Likes

I do have to content with 5 squirrels and a dozen birds at least. I check my berries at night and pick at 6am. No joke.

5 Likes

Funny :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: that u are talking about that I spoke to my neighbor the other day she grows those an she was telling me that the bees :honeybee: we’re almost extinct :+1:t2::dash::seedling:

4 Likes

I do believe you about picking berries that early. Bird attack my peaches and berries like crazy.

It’s true bees are endangered species and the world needs them desperately

5 Likes

Yea my neighbor gave me a quick lesson on y we need them completely agree :+1:t2::dash::seedling:

4 Likes

Looks like paradise! I absolutely love lavender oil! Keep up the good work! I get inspired watching you grow! :eyes::seedling:

8 Likes