Urgent! My grobo is not turning on. :(

Hi All, Thank you for the responses. I do think I am SOL as I cannot get the wood top off fully without unscrewing two screws on the inside of the door of my gen 1 grobo. Normally I would have this unit on a surge protector, but when I flipped the breaker, it wasn’t. Like I said, I did see the unit on for hours after the breaker was flipped, in in the evening the unit’s status light was no longer on at all which prompted me to power cycle it and then it bricked.

I am so sad right now and I’m feeling I wasted 2k on this as I only bought it back in June 2021. I am really at a loss here. :confounded:

2 Likes

Have you tried twisting the top as previously mentioned? With the way the latch is situated I would think twisting clockwise. I was unable to with mine, but I didn’t put a ton of effort into it.

2 Likes

I just moved Grobo 3 and you can twist it open if your careful. I would not do it all the time of course :grinning: this instance seems OK to try.

2 Likes

I just tried and couldn’t get it to unlock by undoing the screws at the back

2 Likes

Twist the top hold the base with your feet. Grab two opposite corners and twist and move up and down.

1 Like

So I just undid the back side screws for the right panel and was able to pull out the panel side enough to get access to the door latch inside. You can either try to pry the latch open, or unscrew the hook.

3 Likes

Yes!

2 Likes

I got my hand in there, but the latch doesn’t budge when I press on it.

2 Likes

Undo the two screws on the white metal latch, that’s all that is keeping it closed. Or, just pry the tab down…I say undo the two screws.

3 Likes

Push on the front of the door

2 Likes

Or what @gunk said

2 Likes

I have to go to work now, so I’ll try again later tonight…

4 Likes

Let us know how it goes :wink:, good luck!

2 Likes

Thanks for some reason loads of post was missing from the confo when i logged on this morning! :eyes: :seedling:

2 Likes

Yeah those two screws also. @FireGuy said in the latch. The little rocker holder has a small notch to hold latch. I don’t know if not having power affects pushing the switch

2 Likes

So I opened my door, unplugged my unit and pressed on the latch, moves freely. So my assumption would be if the door is pressed in a little while manipulating the latch it should open. This may be difficult as one person, if so taking out those two screws and the door should open no problem.

3 Likes

Agreed :+1:t2:

2 Likes

I was able to get the latch unhooked with all your advice. Thanks you so much! I will move her to a space bucket with a spare LED I have in my closet until we can see what to do with the grobo.

3 Likes

Awesome!

3 Likes

I am thinking about still using the grobo nutes while in the bucket. Is there a way to see the dosing amounts in a recipe? Should I just go off conventional dosing schedule?

1 Like