Urgent! My grobo is not turning on. :(

Hello @Exitium , may I ask the reason the unit was unplugged?
Is this a first or second generation?
You have tried power cycling and schedule change but I need to know if your unit has overheated at any time?
Is the back of the unit located close to a wall or in small quarters?
Are you using the app or website to control the unit?
Usually one or the other may do the trick so change the light schedule on both the app and website to see which one may trigger the light.
If you have gotten the box open please check for any sign of overheating and report to allgowers,
This could be a glitch in the system if it is not responding to a cool down, app or website, power cycle, or light reset.
Please let us know your current status. :eyes: :seedling:

3 Likes

I moved 3 of them a few times yesterday and only 1 always came open. I bet if you grabbed and twisted though, that might work. :grinning: I was carrying them thru the house with a bear hug, into the kitchen back into the grow room once i fixed the rug. The one always came open now that you mentioned this. :rofl:

This is the original post @Bplatinum9 Hi guys, I just noticed that my grobo light wasn’t on, but I could still hear the pumps and fans. I unplugged it for a few seconds and when I plugged it back on, nothing would turn on! What happened and what can I do? Would let me quote the first part for some reason.

And looks like a first gen

1 Like

The thing bugging me about his issue is the front led is off. I’ve never seen this yet. Only other thing I can think of is a power surge or something as the breaker for the Grobo was tripped.

3 Likes

This just highlights another major flaw with the grobo there needs to be a fail safe to open the unit in case loss of power. Some type of mechanical lock there is room for improvement

3 Likes

This usually happens with overheating and we don’t get a lot of those!
So the unit could have sustained some damage from the breaker.
I recommend always connecting the grobo to a surge protecter before a wall outlet.
:eyes: :seedling:

4 Likes

I hate to say but if the grobo tripped a breaker it’s probably fried. It’s caused by a direct short. Something may have failed over time or over heated, got wet. Get close down around the electronics and see if you smell hot plastic or an electrical burn smell. It’s low voltage so it may not be as obvious. In my experience as an electrician low voltage electronics going bad is not as obvious as high voltage items.

2 Likes

I have seen most parts replaced to get a Grobo back up and running so all is not lost, it just sucks that it is the holiday and Grobo is on vacation! :eyes: :seedling:

4 Likes

I work with low voltage as well, and you’re right, a short would trip the breaker. However the breaker was reset successfully. It could’ve been an intermittent short that fried something but cleared the short to allow the reset. @Exitium…is the upper fan still operational?

3 Likes

It could also be a faulty or bad driver. The unit that plugs into the wall and converts voltage. I’ve seen these go bad and send 110 to an 8v system.

3 Likes

Yikes!

1 Like

@Exitium
Check the upper fan…
Located above, remove the carbon filter and look up into the space, if you cannot see good enough take a photo in selfie mode to see if the fan is turning. :eyes: :seedling:

3 Likes

I really think this needs to be addressed. It’s one thing to switch from 7 day support coverage back to 5 but I think most would agree that you can at least have one person on to cover. And they haven’t been around all week. What service-oriented business takes the entire week before Christmas off without even a notification to their customers?

And I know the Champions get get through most problems here and there and that’s great but my Gen two has had a slow leak all week and I have had to unplug the drain wire from the board just to get it to stop and not one single contact from support? What?

Not right.

But hey, Monday is just 4 more days away so maybe I will here from them then. That is unless they take a week off for New Years as well. Who knows?

3 Likes

This is what’s bugging me the most! Not a word from support to let anyone know they won’t be around…they always posted for vacation time. However even with my company, I’m “on call” this week to deal with any emergencies.

Appreciate the understanding. We definitely try but our access to information about these units is just as limited as everyone else and the hardware or software issues are definitely out of our reach.

5 Likes

One more FYI. When you unplug ANY electronics there is ALWAYS residual voltage left behind. A good habit is to PRESS any buttons on the unit that would other wise send a signal. I push all the buttons I can when I unplug anything. :wink:This releases All remains voltage and helps alleviate some issues :wink:

3 Likes

I honestly don’t see how they could be on vacation with this mess. I’m hoping there working on things. It would not be a good idea for Grobo to set this kind of example for their company. Right now it all looks black and white to me. A little scary future for all of us. :cold_sweat:

3 Likes

I hope they are too…

We wouldn’t have to like it but they could (or could’ve) simply sent out a communication or post letting people know what’s up.

Hell I’m not even getting the standard bounce backs that my tickets are even received like I you normally do.

Cant find any product on there site has me somewhat concerned as well.

The smallest of communication could’ve eliminated all this fear and concern.

Last I heard, there was supposed to be good things in the pipeline with updates and such and then this…? Not a very respectful way to close out one and head into the new year.

If not for the Champions, we would have no resource at all. Thank you Champs!

4 Likes

I think all our hopes are they come back with some news shortly about our future. And also I hope nothing bad or personal has happened within the grobo team.

4 Likes

AGREED… at the end of the day. It IS just a plant.

Sure, it is my medicine but luckily, if I need to I can always head to the dispensary.

Let’s all hope it’s nothing serious.

:peace_symbol:

3 Likes

Definitely thanks to the champions helping us out! It’s a commitment I respect :fist:.

3 Likes