Urgent! My grobo is not turning on. :(

Hi guys, I just noticed that my grobo light wasn’t on, but I could still hear the pumps and fans. I unplugged it for a few seconds and when I plugged it back on, nothing would turn on! What happened and what can I do?

1 Like

Try going into your setting and adjusting your light schedule by an hr and save it. If the light turns on, just change it back to the original schedule.

1 Like

Thanks, Tyler. I did try this, but it just spins on this screen indefinitely:

Meanwhile the unit is plugged in, but it appears dead.

I am worried I will lose this crop :pensive:

What color is your front led?

It’s off while plugged in. It appears the unit has bricked. Is there a way to pry open the door when it’s in this state?

That’s a first for me.

Not that I’m aware of. Maybe try another hard reset, leave powered down for a minute then power back up.

2 Likes

I tried that already and it didn’t work. I unplugged it for 20 seconds and then plugged back in while holding the button for 20 sec and nothing came on and no lights. One of my breakers were tripped today and I turned it back on without issue. The unit booted back up and connected just fine. Then, 30 min ago I noticed the status light wasn’t on even though I could hear the fans and pump. I unplugged and plugged back in and then it was bricked. I can see the little blue light on the power cord transformer so it’s getting power.

I’m a bit devastated. Not sure what to do with myself or this hobby now… :disappointed:

Is there any way to open the door without power? The lights are supposed to come on in 9 min. I wanted to move her to my closet with a light so that I don’t lose three months of growing this plant! :sweat:

:fist_right:

Bugger :roll_eyes:!

I’ve had similar issues myself but a reboot seems to correct things :sweat_smile:!

Best put a Ticket in m8 & speak to He Who Knows All":+1:!:wink:!..

Good luck :fist_right:

2 Likes

- - - [2021-12.22]:

@Exitium,

• (Grobo Does Not Teach Us How To Do Things, -When- Problems Arises):

• (Like, How Do You Get Into The Unit When The Unit Was Locked In Case Of Power Outages):

• (All I Can Say, Is Dismantling It -To- Get To The Plant, -To- Keep It Maintained):

• [‘no power’]: {:mag:}:

- - -

@Exitium,

--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::groboone::green_thumb:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

2 Likes

Thanks @SilverGrobo. Luckily I do have an aftermarket bubbler in there so she is still getting oxygen, but do you know how to open the door to the grobo without power? I cannot find any guide or info on how to do it. Is this possible?

5 Likes

@Exitium I’m going to suggest removing the wood top to access the lock better to see your options, short of the unit powering back up I think that the only choice. Remove the 4 screws holding the wooden top on. And then you will be able to access the back side of the lock. The lock may be held on my screws possibly able to loosen them to disengage lock. Let me know if you have any trouble I may be able to pop my lid off and take a look for you. And then seeing as that’s where the power to the machine comes in you will be able to see if there’s any obvious loose connections as well. I found during assembly that some parts are held on only by double-sided tape such as exhaust fan on top. With that being said it’s definitely a possibility something could’ve came loose during shipping and shorted out your circuit board in my opinion. Just make sure you unplug the machine before you disassemble And careful with the wire for the LED that connects to the lid when you remove it, And maybe wear gloves if you have to touch the circuit board for any reason

1 Like

I’m looking now I think you may have a grobo Gen one? If so I don’t know how different it is from the gen 2 which is what I have

Depends on the Grobo, but some if you took off the top, you could remove the door easily too.

If your breaker went, maybe something shorted out. Was the Grobo on a surge or battery backup or something like that?

I have not had any problems where unplugging a few times did not fix or maybe changing stages and back.

2 Likes

Grobo 2’s have a slightly different build and the door is a simple pin, Grobo 1 it is different with the door screwed in. Also Grobo 2 all the main stuff is in the front, Grobo 1 it is all in the back and harder to get to.

2 Likes

Another long shot here but it happened once to me and I advanced the growing schedule forward and then back and everything popped back on.

This is yet another reason that support is needed 7 days a week AND they can’t just have everyone off for the holiday. This week has been a mess with people needing help and lots reporting that support is not in this week at all.

I really do hope that someone gets in contact with you today as it is very likely they won’t be in tomorrow as it’s Christmas Eve and will be taking a long weekend.

I’m gonna take a look at mine when she wakes up and fiddle about to see if I can figure out a way around the locking mechanism.

Hang in there!

2 Likes

It is funny you mention the backup air pump as yesterday I just ordered a large air pump enough for 4 Grobos, if I do add a 4th, tubing and some of these 4 inch bubblers. I am going to set this up to handle all 3/4 Grobos as I would like more bubbles than standard with the Grobo. Also a backup and less worries with 3 Grobos.

I also ordered some of these fans and will see how they are. At least this way if anything happens to the Grobo, it will always have bubbles and air circulation. There was a larger model, but almost double as thick, but I went with this and will see.

I might actually look for a small backup top light for inside, just in case???

2 Likes

Hey I just figured out that I can disengage my lock and open my box by slightly twisting the upper portion counter clockwise - oddly with just a bit of a twist till you hear the click.

I’m certain this is not recommended and I’m not talking about manhandling the box but it seems like with just the right amount of twist and pressure, I can consistently get it to open.

Sorry that’s all I could figure out.

Hope you hear back from support today.

:peace_symbol:

4 Likes

Every time I move my grobo it comes unlocked. Clamp your feet around the bottom left and right side and twist the top a little like there saying. It will open.

5 Likes